Review Round 10, 2024: Essendon v Box Hill Hawks, 2 June 2024, 1.05pm @ Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Ward - 32 disposals but his power and class were exquisite.

Nick Watson - 22 disposals 4 goals with probably 7/8 shots on goal.

Finn Maginness - 36 disposals 1 goal 8 clearances was a beast, running capacity is massive.

Harry Morrison had 33 disposals and was good.

Max Ramsden - 23 disposal 2 goal 26 hitout and 6 clearance game. Unreal.

Chad Wingard - 15 disposals 4 goals looked class

Bennetts good off HF, Hustwaite solid.

Finn Maginness - 36 disposals 1 goal 8 clearances was a beast, running capacity is massive.

What was the final score?

Wiz is very special. Should be back soon.

Wingard showed lots of class. Not as quick as he used to be, but would be an ideal sub. Very classy.

Watch out - DGB is coming. Building nicely. Reckon he has a bright future. Would make an excellent second or third defender.

Ramsden played well in the centre, but still a very awkward kicking style. Effective tho.

Hustwaites hands were again elite.

Ward very effective. His consistency is high level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very good game against weak opposition. Most of the damage was done in a clinical second quarter. Callum Brown is a star at this level, and I liked what I saw from Remy Maclean in the first half.

Best game Ramsden has played for us, towelling up the first year Essendon ruck. Was the whole package: kicked goals, won clearances, tackled, and took marks.

Finn was a juggernaut playing more inside. Still misses a few too many regulation kicks but everything else was top tier.

Ward is the opposite - his disposal is exquisite but he isn’t as powerful as Finn. A handful of ‘wow’ moments this game to accompany his normal accumulation.

Morrison is the Amon of the VFL, uses it well and super reliable rebounding from defensive 50.

Watson was electric and clearly a tier above. 4.2. and won plenty of ball. Surprised he didn’t register a tackle because he was chasing hard. Won't spend long here.

Wingard also had a strong game kicking 4.1. Direct competition with Watson will be interesting.

Bennetts was eclipsed by the other smalls, but he plays higher up. Does a lot right but sometimes that last disposal lets him down.

DGB played deepest and the stats don’t do his game justice. Every time they went forward there was a fist. Would love more involvement but was a top tier defensive game.

BMac/Ryan good moments in otherwise OK games.

Hust was decent. Elite hands in close, but was pinged HTB probably 5-6 times (some incorrectly) due to the new rule change. The next step in his progression is winning more of it.

Big one for me is Rama took 9 marks - forward and back. Many contested

If I had one criticism of The Wiz, it was trying a round-the-corner shot on his non-preferred from 20m out and not getting the distance. The angle wasn't that bad that he couldn't have kicked a drop-punt.

Ramma did the same a few minutes later from the same spot and off the boot I thought he had stuffed it as well, but then the ball did a sharp turn and went through. More luck than design.

Maybe I am old school, but I prefer people to kick straight.

I only watched the second half, so I missed all the good stuff early. In the second half I thought BH had a real problem getting to the ball drop when going inside 50. Bombers seemed to pick them off uncontested. Something for them to work on, I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 10, 2024: Essendon v Box Hill Hawks, 2 June 2024, 1.05pm @ Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back