Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously considering trading out Stef Martin with West in the side sharing ruck duties. But want to upgrade M.Crouch to a premo in the midfield. What to do?

Yeah Stef is definitely causing me some headaches. Will try and hold though.

I think Jack Steven is my number 1 trade target for the week. Rob Gray is another one worth having a look at this week.

I've left myself short this week, only 55k in the bank. A lot of rookies not ready to trade out yet and not sure if much is coming in. Caleb Daniel, Josh Smith and McPherson are probably my biggest concerns.

This, will be my priority for the week, if I can trade Macrae out for him I'd be over the moon.

Yeah I have Macrae as well, don't really want to waste a trade on him as he is meant to be a premo. Not too sure what to do with him as he is performing well under my expectations :huh: Today he was lucky to scrape though with a 91 as I think he was on about 50 at 3 qtr time.

Initial thoughts:

Smith > Mathieson
Leuenberger > Goldstein

Leuenberger was only ever a placeholder until I could get a fallen premium and I feel like if I don't get Goldy now, he's going to get away.

Need to play one of Blakely, Davis or Mathieson as M8 but that doesn't seem so bad after their efforts this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stef --> goldy
macpherson --> bailey williams

leaving me with exactly $0

team is a mess, so many injuries means im stuck with spuds like fantasia and menadue

stef --> goldy
macpherson --> bailey williams

leaving me with exactly $0

team is a mess, so many injuries means im stuck with spuds like fantasia and menadue

So don't trade Stef.
He had a 4-round average of 98 coming into this week.

Better move would be to trade Fantasia to someone like Rich/Zach Williams/KK/McVeigh

Option 1:
Kommer (F8) -> Trent West (unlocks a wasted spot in side and ability to upgrade 1 of Currie/Cox/West into F6 at some later point).
Macpherson -> Jack Steven. (other option would be Sidebum but $40k short).

Option 2:
Macpherson -> Trent West (swing via DPP to Fwds with M/F Petracca)
Weitering -> Boyd (other option Kade Simpson)

This is all dependant on Wells, Barlow and Hall all coming back next week, as well as Kommer not getting named for Essendon. Gonna skip on mathieson. Already picked up Williams last week. Option 2 leaves me with $170k, whereas Option 1 leaves me broke. So... Option 2 a little better... plus unlike usual years I feel like I'm losing more to rookies in the def/fwd than not having premium midfielders. :/

Hewett and Clayton Oliver survive another week. Although this time due to their performance, rather than other problems...

The other crazy option is leave $400k on the pine and do:

Option 3:
Macpherson -> Mathieson
Kommer -> Trent West

I actually think Mathieson played OK and can score higher than his first game suggests. Given his inside game. Just not sure on how safe his position is. Plus it's always frustrating having players in a bad performing side.... poor performance can be contagious.

Last edited:
I got $149k and a number of maxed out rookies - dea, Wagner, Hartley, clay Cameron (bench), Josh Smith, mathieson, menadue (bench), cox, Currie (both bench), kerridge, McGovern and McCarthy (bench).
Don't have bench cover in defense or forward line so would like to upgrade Cameron and McCarthy but seems like a good week to upgrade dea

I have like 6 grand I think, didn't see his name there.

You should have it then... he's 507k. Probably at his basement price...

Only pick him though if you think he'll be better for the rest of the year. I do. But can't get him in due to bye structure. :/ having to wait till after Rnd 14.

So far it's looking like

Macpherson/Gresham > B Williams

C mills > j Steven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have it then... he's 507k. Probably at his basement price...

Only pick him though if you think he'll be better for the rest of the year. I do. But can't get him in due to bye structure. :/ having to wait till after Rnd 14.
I've got Macrae and I've had enough with him, just not doing it for me. The Doggies love rotating players through the midfield, he's just not getting enough midfield time or to enough center bounces.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 10 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back