Game Day Round 10 WC v GWS: RIP in Peace Nic Nat's knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just for training I suppose
More like something Puma have agreed to do - give us a design and we'll make a pair for you because its indigenous round

Willie said he'd wear his in naidoc round which I think is sometime in June for the WAFL

Yeo Duggan Nelson sheed all need to have blinders in the mid is shuey is out

Oh boy, Shuey late out would exacerbate the already melty existential crisis this board is having about what it means to be a supporter.

Do we give up on the potatoes that we might end up fielding, continue the calls to burn it all down sack the coaches MC play the kids? Or do we embrace it all nonetheless and support the team regardless of the outcome?

As the OP started with some Nietzsche, maybe we could look further at his advice. One of his main slogans is amor fati, or 'love of the fate'! The possibility of an eternal recurrence is not a full-blown inevitable conclusion about the nature of reality, but a test of our affirmation: our capacity to endure the worst and say it was all worth it regardless. Quoting the great german himself:

“The greatest weight.-- What, if some day or night an opposition supporter were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: "This team as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your team will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence - even this match committee decision and this grimace as Naitanui’s knee buckles, trading a first rounder for Redden and even this moment and I myself. The eternal hourglass of existence is turned upside down again and again, and you with it, you campaigner speck of dust!"

Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the opposition supporter who spoke thus?... Or how well disposed would you have to become to yourself and to the team to crave nothing more fervently than this ultimate eternal confirmation and seal?”

To which I will always try to offer a resounding YES! FARKING GO EAGLES! Bring on gameday canines

Massive game

Lose and we sit in 6th on 24 with Bulldogs, Richmond and Fremantle with port one game behind from one less game. Two games and % out of top 2, just one game clear of 9th

Win and we have a share of 2nd (4th on %) with GWS and Geelong, one game behind first, one game clear of 5th and two games clear of 9th

Need to respond to last weeks disappointment against a strong opposition.

WTF is Shuey out?
d1bb0bc23deeab35f3b41429dcf74346.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Academies and concessions,
Are their most prized possessions,

Despite how they've been treated,
There is one club they haven't defeated,

For that to continue today,
We've got to reverse last weeks display,

On the battle for the win,
We need last week's passsengers to check in,

Let's defeat the orange and charcoal,
Then send them back to their hellhole,

While Rome won't be built from a win today,
At least we'd have a role in the top 4 cabaret

I can't help but be excited, but I'm more nervous than normal for home games. I think there's going to have to be a lot of things going well for us to win. I'd like a nice fast start and then to just hold them at bay 3 or 4 goals behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back