Game Day Round 10 WC v GWS: RIP in Peace Nic Nat's knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty happy with that performance. Showed real guts against a top two team.

Those acting like it's a surprise we lost, it's about time you understood we're playing for our spot in the eight. Simpson knows this. It's clear.

Absolute rubbish, we were playing against there seconds. We were exactly where we are, a soft group of overpriced footballers who don't produce.

Stuff that! Good contest but not quite good enough. Lady luck wasn't with us today, and now we are back in the pack. Where was Nik Nat when we needed him?
We were smashed in the contest though. We were lucky to get as close as we did. Priddis is done.

Who was next on his list?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's strange how some can see it this way and others, the majority, see it as piss weak. Very strange.... o_O:drunk:

Simpson has been spruiking how we are premiership contenders since he set foot in the door virtually

Now when its 4 years down the road he decides to change his tune.

And even now he resists dropping key players that aren't good enough time and again.

Gaff Masten priddis aren't good enough at this level to win a flag.

Gaff
I just wanted to say in the first quarter the way that both Gaff & Priddis killed any momentum we have when we are trying to move the ball quickly.
That first play where we repelled an iside 50 and got the ball going back our way with players running forward and Gaff does a 15.1m kick sideways making someone stop to receive it. He has no other kick in his arsenal than the safe short option or the bomb long and Priddis has been a momentum killer this year more than any other.
Gaff and Masten certainly turnover kings. Pointless being able to run all day if you fumble a la Gaff and just kick to the opposition...both. Butler I have been a fan of but he just tales too long to kick it. The kids make some mistakes but you have to work with them. No way can we win a GF with Priddis in the side and he is just a traffic cone unless one of our guys gets the ball in defence and gets it to him while he is still trying to catch up. In the stoppages unless the ball comes directly to him, he just can't move quick enough to get it. I expected to get done tonight unfortunately and I just hope the MC realise they have to change for the future. We are out of jhe race this year and it is time to give players a run.

Those acting like it's a surprise we lost, it's about time you understood we're playing for our spot in the eight. Simpson knows this. It's clear.
That's the thing. Simpson knows but no one else wants to accept it. The frustrating thing is there is no obvious change. There's never gameplan changes throughout the day. How can there be a spare man parked in front of our only reliable forward and nothing done about it... We were never an excellent team. Good enough to make the 8 but never more than that. Fluked 2015 with an easy draw. We aren't brisbane but we aren't top 4 either, more on North or richmond level. Have a blinder every couple of games but never stand up when it counts

To what end? We are the oldest team in the league with a positively shyte midfield and we keep rolling out the same midfield just to try and make the 8? What's the point?

Surely with our age profile it's win now or move on. Nowhere is this clearer than the midfield. It's like Simmo or the club want us to become a North Melbourne type team... Battling it out every year but no threat

They've got like 10 of their best 22 out.
Please name them, they had most of their best team, Cameron, Patton, Greene, Davis, the fullback, Williams, Wilson, Mumford, Ward, Kelly, Whitfield, Shaw - this idea that they had ten of their best out is just nonsense, a media beat -up, they had a strong although not full strength team out there same as us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just kept winning clearance after clearance, so frustrating Priddis got cheap possessions in the 2nd half but didn't win any crucial clearances.

Everyone is saying GWS had 11 out blah blah but we had a few key players out as well and considering we lost Kennedy for the best part of the last quarter as well. I'm by no means happy because we lost and I don't think we are contenders this year at all but we can't squarely lay the blame with Simmo IMO. it will be interesting what happens at selection this week !

I get the critism of Simmo as his the coach and should take the blame but Id want more so our recruiting department sacked. Rohan Obrian, Crazy Vosso can get out. They have screwed up a lot over the last few years and left the coach with nothing to work with. Just as much to blame.
Is that because they took Karpany over Cameron who was in our own back yard?

We were smashed in the contest though. We were lucky to get as close as we did. Priddis is done.

First bit :

As we have been for several years. For a Club thats good at drafting tall's we are so F****** shit at drafting quality mids. Whilst we keep the recruiting team the same we can expect no improvement from the sides we keep putting out to play.

Second bit:

Priddis has been cooked for two seasons now. Its so painful watching him jog back or forward to a contest and see ( pretty well every week ) opposition players fly past him to get to the contest before he does.
If he has a pair he will retire at seasons end.

Thats said I was happy with our intent.
But the cumulative skill level across every line was inferior today.
Beaten by a much better team today.

Sad but true . :(

Is that because they took Karpany over Cameron who was in our own back yard?

Hell no if that was their only screw up I could accept that but they are serial selection stuffer uppers.

If it was Priddis that was out with a calf and Shuey played i think we win that game.

Now that would be a dream answered.

Sadly Ploddus is a liability these days and his continual selection in the side is something I find to be a real pain in the arse.

Now that would be a dream answered.

Sadly Ploddus is a liability these days and his continual selection in the side is something I find to be a real pain in the arse.
He's been pretty much a liability for a while now but gets passes due to his in close work which simply holds up the play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back