Game Day Round 13, 2023 : Hawthorn v Brisbane, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lions do not deserve that lead

We have basically shot ourselves in the foot
And it is some basic skills and decision making that is the difference between being up by three goals instead of being down by that margin

Luke Breust not even scoring was aweful

We haven't had that paid all year. With the anti-hawk squad in green this week it definitely isn't getting paid
They pay that and it's our ball at half way and we can catch all their backs on the rebound. What then happens is a turnover the other way and they hit Hipwood on the chest for a goal and momentum is all their way.

I assume we should have a game plan for red time or where the momentum switches to the oppo. If not then games like this will happen more often than not.

Nash has done reasonably well on Neale. Weddle and Mitchell have been okay on Cameron, though Weddle gave up an early goal to Cameron by not sticking with him at a contest. Blanck has rendered Daniher a non factor.

Been some good work from the good guys. Just need to reset at half time and don't let the junk time goals get in our heads.

For me, it isn't necessarily about the final score, though I'll take a win. It's about the continued evolution of the team and the gameplan against a good side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Block me, it's my opinion, don't like it, block it

Breastfeeding kicks that goal, we have the momentum. He shanks it, kills our run, and the lions kick 3...

And we still had the lead with the ball deep in our forward line. It was Amons shank going inside 50 that allowed them the coast to cost and goal and lead that cost us momentum.

Anyway game is far from over so stop giving up like a French surrender monkey

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ferg kicked 5 for Box Hill
Today

Good VFL player. Don't think he has the necessary tricks to make it at the AFL level. A step too slow, a bit too short.

Block me, it's my opinion, don't like it, block it

Breastfeeding kicks that goal, we have the momentum. He shanks it, kills our run, and the lions kick 3...
I'd rather call you out on it.

Blaming a guy for missing a kick on the run 50 out for losing is a shit opinion. Especially when the game is only half way through.

Feels like we are hanging in but we haven’t much margin for error now. Our inside fifty efficiency, or lack thereof, is killing us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back