Round 13 AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

IDIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't seem to see one started.. lots of interesting games this week.

Haw 1.55 v Ess 2.45
MCG (line 10.5)

BL 1.45 v Rich 2.75
Gabba (line 16.5)

Carl 1.65 v Freo 2.25
Etihad (line 7.5)

NM 1.37 v PA 3.12
Etihad (line 19.5)

WB 1.36 v WC 3.17
Subiaco (line 19.5)

I like Haw/BL/NM/WB at $4.21

Don't seem to see one started.. lots of interesting games this week.

Haw 1.55 v Ess 2.45
MCG (line 10.5)

BL 1.45 v Rich 2.75
Gabba (line 16.5)

Carl 1.65 v Freo 2.25
Etihad (line 7.5)

NM 1.37 v PA 3.12
Etihad (line 19.5)

WB 1.36 v WC 3.17
Subiaco (line 19.5)

I like Haw/BL/NM/WB at $4.21

Essendon have a great reent record against Hawthorn. If Hawthorn didnt smash Adelaide and Essendon get smashed by Geelong I think the odds would be a lot closer. Still, I think the bombers at 2.50+ is a good bet- dunno about the line, they are not a Sydney type team who will always be involved in close games.

Essendon WIN

The other game I like is Brisbane against Richmond. Lets face it, with or without power forwards the lions win this. They should be 1.20-1.25 IMO so will happily take the 1.45 on offer at this stage.

Brisbane WIN

I also think freo are pretty good value too - lets not forget they've had a very good year and that they've only lost to two solid teams in recent weeks (Adelaide when they were fired up for Edwards and Saints last week). And I reckon Port shouldnt be undermined as well - might take Norths 1-39.

Id recommend loading up on Collingwood too at 1.60ish. Swans have lost the last 8 against them, by an average margin of 29 points, including an average margin of 21 poinst when they have played in sydney (4/8 of those games). Against the good teams this year, we have also struggled:

Lost to Freo by 37
Lost to WB by 38
Lost to Geelong by 67

Pies seem a solid option for a few multi's IMO, and also at 1-39.

Bulldogs have won only 2 of their last 10 vs West Coast at Subi. With their up and down form they would seem too much of a risk. They seem to choke on their "should win" games. WC played fairly well against Geelong a couple of weeks ago for 3 quarters and with Woosha under the pump I imagine they'll put in at home. Maybe WC at the + line?

pies at around the 1.65 mark are good value v swans. have well and truly had the swans measure in recent times. line of -8.5 shouldn't present too much of an issue either

Re: Friday night footy-Hawks vs Bombers

I am a big Hawks HATER but do like them against the Dons this week. I know the recent history between the 2 teams suggests an Essendon win but I think that current form is more important and the Hawks are playing better.

*Note that I liked the Hawks against the Bombers last year in a Friday night game and it cost me $500 (in a syndicate) LOL

The Brisbane Lions haven't beaten Richmond at the Gabba since 2004.

Also, Brisbane Lions have never done "The Double" over Richmond in their history.

Tigers (+16.5) is a very good option IMO.

The Brisbane Lions haven't beaten Richmond at the Gabba since 2004.

Also, Brisbane Lions have never done "The Double" over Richmond in their history.

Tigers (+16.5) is a very good option IMO.

How about these stats:
Lions have won 4 of the last 6 matches at the Gabba between these 2 teams.
Not sure what "the double" has got to do with this match but these 2 teams have only ever played "the double" 3 times in their history, including a "triple" in 2001 when the Lions went 2/3
The record between these teams stands 8-1-8
Damien Hardwick has never coached a win against the Lions :p

Not having a go McCrann, just showing stats can easily be manipulated.

FWIW I reckon the Tiges are a huge show & will probably take them in Sportingbet LMS

Richmond haven't played Brisbane at the Gabba since 2006. This is one game where I wouldn't take much notice of trends. Plus trends are meant to be broken, see Carlton vs St Kilda this year.

The key question would be, can the Lions shut down Reiwoldt? Apparently WC played him pretty loose last week, I imagine he would have a couple of Lions on him this week. I'm tending towards Brisbane. The tiges have won two in a row, the "let down" theory might be applicable here and the Lions are 4 wins 2 losses at the Gabba this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond haven't played Brisbane at the Gabba since 2006. This is one game where I wouldn't take much notice of trends. Plus trends are meant to be broken, see Carlton vs St Kilda this year.

The key question would be, can the Lions shut down Reiwoldt? Apparently WC played him pretty loose last week, I imagine he would have a couple of Lions on him this week. I'm tending towards Brisbane. The tiges have won two in a row, the "let down" theory might be applicable here and the Lions are 4 wins 2 losses at the Gabba this year.

My best bet of the week is,

Port to win $3.3 $500 bet placed
Port @ line +20.5 $750 bet placed

Good luck boys!

ess under 39.5
freo under 39.5
dogs line -18.5
$20 @16.98
=339.60

ess line +12.5
freo under 39.5
dogs over 15.5
$20 @ 9.93
=198.60

Hawks are still no good neoither are the dons but essendons style of play should see them win.
Still dont rate carlton even though freo in melborune are still a worry.
Doggies, as overated as i think they are should comfotably beat the coast but the weagles will be fired up to redeem them selves from last week bit wary.

good luck all

essendon 60+ this time.

they cant match up on us. we have roughnut covered, franklin will run riot again probally kick 11 and we will still win by 10 goals.

welsh the crab to goto hodge and shut him down, zaharakis to kick 6, winderlich to have 30's and gumbleton to kick 4, davey to kick 3, stanton to kick 3. Jetta BOG

essendon 60+ this time.

they cant match up on us. we have roughnut covered, franklin will run riot again probally kick 11 and we will still win by 10 goals.

welsh the crab to goto hodge and shut him down, zaharakis to kick 6, winderlich to have 30's and gumbleton to kick 4, davey to kick 3, stanton to kick 3. Jetta BOG

which bookie do you work for?

I dont think its such a bad bet. I think the $9.00 on offer for 40+ is much more realistic though.

Ill be on the bombers @ 2.55 :)

no dempsey and we lack abit of pace outside the forward line

i dont know about 40+ anymore.

Hawthorn
B:
Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Thomas Murphy
HB: Grant Birchall, Ben Stratton, Rick Ladson
C: Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Chance Bateman
HF: Michael Osborne, Lance Franklin, Shaun Burgoyne
F: Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Ryan Schoenmakers
Foll: Brent Renouf, Luke Hodge, Brad Sewell