Round 13 AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from the win earlier this year against Carlton (who have gone on to further prove how out of form they are) Adelaide are 1 and 8 at Etihad, with 6 out of those 8 losses by a margin of 30+ in the last 2 years. What part of that record makes them not mind playing etihad?

That said, I still think $1.45 is a decent price for them vs North.

Agree Freo is value this week, and also like Dogs -18.5 against a Lions side that dont mind by losing by big margins especially at Eithad.
To be honest i didn't research their record at Etihad :p i just thought their performance against Carlton at Etihad was much better than their game against the Hawks at the MCG earlier in the year. I also believe their game style (contested football) would be better suited to etihad than the MCG. It is just my opinion :)

The scenario never included the wet/rain. Wet weather automatically makes recovery harder. Also you under estimate how hard tennis players hit the ball. They use a lot of effort with each swing.

Wet weather makes it harder because its all about the contested footy. Getting splashed by the water isn't what tires them out.

lol hitting a tennis ball cannot even be compared to footy. I play both if it means anything

To be honest i didn't research their record at Etihad :p i just thought their performance against Carlton at Etihad was much better than their game against the Hawks at the MCG earlier in the year. I also believe their game style (contested football) would be better suited to etihad than the MCG. It is just my opinion :)

Totally agree, Adelaide can't be judged on there previous records because they are playing a completely different brand of footy and one that should suit a fast Etihad track.

How is the nine-in-a-row relevant? The teams are very different across that journey to now. I had the same discussion on this forum three weeks ago about St.Kilda's good record vs Richmond since 2002, but Richmond turned that history on its head for a win. Nine-in-a-row might be relevant if the teams and talent were the same, but they aren't... on paper Sydney should cover that line given the combination of talent available, recent form, and probably most importantly home ground advantage.

I'm not saying the Cats are poor, far from it. I just think that line is giving them a bit too much credit for last year's flag vs a very good opponent on home turf. 2.5 units is big for a 50-50 chance line bet. Swans 1-39.
Pretty sure Richmond were very lucky to run into a Saints outfit coming off back to back six day breaks.

coll + adel @ 1.94: 2 units

dogs 1-39 2.20

dogs can't score despite a lot of possesions (most in league?) should still get it done

Sydney to win this week.

Have been playing exceptional football at SCG as of late and possibly welcome Goodes back as well. So Sydney 1-39 for me.

Also like Fremantle 1-39. Wait, actually no i dont. Betting on Fremantle is a no, what am i thinking.

The doggies to win purely because of the way Brisbane play Etihad.

Collingwood 1-39. Almost tempted to take West Coast but its at the G so Collingwood just.

And i really like Adelaide 40+ here. The domination of Carlton a couple of weeks ago makes me think they will do the same to the Kangas. Kangas have been playing extremely poorly.

Multi those together and i get $26.70

(Including Fremantle) $65.42

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt anticipate Hill's injured ankle so now i think Freo is missing a bit of run to beat Essendon. No Hill and Ballantyne would definitely hurt

Liking the dockers drifting....I'll jump on fremantle right before the first bounce...

Essendon unconvincing win v GWS and fell over the line v GC both interstate...

Essendon outs..zaharakis davey cancel out hill and Ballantyne ... Essendon CANNOT travel....

Liking the dockers drifting....I'll jump on fremantle right before the first bounce...

Essendon unconvincing win v GWS and fell over the line v GC both interstate...

Essendon outs..zaharakis davey cancel out hill and Ballantyne ... Essendon CANNOT travel....

Agree. Zaharakis' run will be missed big time at Subiaco, and Davey's defensive pressure plus the 3 goals/match he's been kicking of late will be very hard to replace.

50/50 match for sure.

Ballantyne/Davey offset each other.

1u COLL 20-39 @ $4.00
Comfortable 4goal margin for the Pies. Swan to destroy WCE again. Schofield underrated.

0.5u GEE 1-24 @ 3.40
Bye may be more beneficial for GEE senior players.

a mate of mine just told me Betstar are offering $2 on all AFL fav's for Round 13! I'm thinking about joining, anyone else given it a go?

KP - Unless Scooter plays a full defensive shutdown role like Crowley, Swan should have the engine and the smarts to position himself to find the ball. Atm, WCE does not have the current list available to beat COLL at the G. In a SC perspective, Beams may be a safer pick as I can see both matching in disposals without the tag.

a mate of mine just told me Betstar are offering $2 on all AFL fav's for Round 13! I'm thinking about joining, anyone else given it a go?

i have no idea what they are like with getting money out, or the terms attached to this but I just joined and threw a pineapple (the max allowed I think?) on the Bulldogs, Melbourne, Adelaide & Collingwood. I left the other two games alone as I think they are almost flip of the coin games anyway. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsu:

i have no idea what they are like with getting money out, or the terms attached to this but I just joined and threw a pineapple (the max allowed I think?) on the Bulldogs, Melbourne, Adelaide & Collingwood. I left the other two games alone as I think they are almost flip of the coin games anyway. Thanks for the heads up :thumbsu:
I'm yet to withdraw from them yet, but they're great with these sorts of promo's. Last week was $2 NRL fav's and $2 AFL lines and during the week they had Black Caviar at $2.

The bigger punters probably don't care but its great value if you're still betting small units like me.

I got an instant withdrawal last time they had this promo.

they also gave me a free bet the week later, which is pretty decent given that I just signed up to bet the promo then nothing else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13 AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back