Review Round 13 - St. Kilda @ Marvel Stadium - 8th June 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Ainsworth is a great choice for wing
If nothing else he has a super sized tank and doesn't shirk repeat efforts
Will Secco be the unlucky guy on the other side of the bye when Powell returns?
I've loved his work this year but I'd rather develop Jeffrey
Ainsworth is so underrated very good footballer

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's a guy you have to see live to appreciate
Rather than the tight focus you need with a 200m field for TV ,at the ground you see him working forwards and back again and again.I reckon you can tell the people who have seen him play vs just watched on TV by how they rate him

Got to persist, imo.
His intercepting has dropped with Mac in the team, work through it, sort out roles a bit.
Collo out of form last year, this year been very good.
Ballard has been good before, should be good again.
He has dropped a few marks he normally takes. He clunks those and it looks better.
For years experts like Alastair Lynch and myself ;) have said Ballard is best suited to playing on the third tall. With Mac now established in defence, Charlie is right where he needs to be.

Tell you what's interesting
When you're thinking about who might take the wing Ellis's name doesn't even rate a mention
In case you want to get a handle on how quickly we're moving forward

Tell you what's interesting
When you're thinking about who might take the wing Ellis's name doesn't even rate a mention
In case you want to get a handle on how quickly we're moving forward
Ellis has basically admitted he's finished. 250 and done.

Good thing its his last year of his contract, definitely a success.

Would be one of our best wingers ever in his short time because we've just never had anyone at all

Ellis has basically admitted he's finished. 250 and done.

Good thing its his last year of his contract, definitely a success.

Would be one of our best wingers ever in his short time because we've just never had anyone at all
We're facing Richmond in round 24 this year, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we see him one more time in a farewell game, even as a sub.

Very handy backup if required

Reason I mentioned it is because I've always rated him and still do but he's not part of our future
He's in our top 5 free agent deals
He got his contract and we got service above and beyond

We can dispel a lot of mistruths about our team in this game if we're able to win. The longer we don't win a game outside of QLD/NT, the more people will persist with this narrative that we can't win away games. I hope the boys are determined to kill that line of thinking on Saturday night and go into the bye feeling like they can win any game.

It's crazy to think Ben Long could be on for another big game now that he comes up against his old side and you'd assume he would be fired up to perform once again. I think it'll work well with Long and Rosas combing in the forward line, but I want to see it first before I truly believe it.

Do we know if Max King is out or will that be revealed in the injury report tomorrow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reason I mentioned it is because I've always rated him and still do but he's not part of our future
He's in our top 5 free agent deals
He got his contract and we got service above and beyond
Yeah this wasn't one of those Malceski type super top up deals.

Brando coming here was mutually beneficial

And if he wants to stay on and run around the VFL for min coin I wouldn't say no either 😏

A thread on the AFL subreddit popped off about how this game is basically a Mini-GF for the Suns. It probably has more merit to get the Mini-GF label than the Kangaroos game in Darwin. Most popular comment expects the Suns to implode like we do every season, and a Saints fan is genuinely worried about Collins and Andrew dominating.

We can dispel a lot of mistruths about our team in this game if we're able to win. The longer we don't win a game outside of QLD/NT, the more people will persist with this narrative that we can't win away games. I hope the boys are determined to kill that line of thinking on Saturday night and go into the bye feeling like they can win any game.

It's crazy to think Ben Long could be on for another big game now that he comes up against his old side and you'd assume he would be fired up to perform once again. I think it'll work well with Long and Rosas combing in the forward line, but I want to see it first before I truly believe it.

Do we know if Max King is out or will that be revealed in the injury report tomorrow?

Even if we do win the same people will just say it’s only the saints

Ainsworth is a great choice for wing
If nothing else he has a super sized tank and doesn't shirk repeat efforts
Will Secco be the unlucky guy on the other side of the bye when Powell returns?
I've loved his work this year but I'd rather develop Jeffrey
I think we're witnessing a changing of the guard over the remainder of the season. Sexton holding the spot warm for Powell, Holman or Berry doing the same for Rosas and Fiorini for Weller (but not too well). Toss in Swallow doing a great job as the ultimate Team Sub and not much left then of the old Suns. Witts will hand over to Moyle if we can keep him - over the next year or so and we'll be good to go. Exciting times (hopefully) if we can add Rioli to the mix, Lombard and even a crowd puller like Dusty. 2025 will be the year.

I think we're witnessing a changing of the guard over the remainder of the season. Sexton holding the spot warm for Powell, Holman or Berry doing the same for Rosas and Fiorini for Weller (but not too well). Toss in Swallow doing a great job as the ultimate Team Sub and not much left then of the old Suns. Witts will hand over to Moyle if we can keep him - over the next year or so and we'll be good to go. Exciting times (hopefully) if we can add Rioli to the mix, Lombard and even a crowd puller like Dusty. 2025 will be the year.
If they want to keep Moyle they are going about it the right way. Give him 8-10 games a year this year and next and rest Witts every 3-4 weeks to keep him fresh and get him through the next 2 years, similar to Swallow.

While I could see clubs wanting Moyle I don't think any would be offering big cash deals that he has to leave. If he leaves it would be for opportunities. Hopefully 8-10 games and staying at the club is enough.

Moyle got a bath from Marshall last year. Let's see what another 12 months of development can do.
Moyle impressed me last week, Bryan had the better of him early on but he worked his way into the game and finished well. Marshall will look to out work him around the ground, but gives up a lot of HTA's. Should be a good test for Moyle to see if he has improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back