Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant go these pott hff
The coach could change their role in a blink of an eye
Not westhoff.

He's been playing the same role for a while now.
Can't trust wingard and gray is done unless we start to struggle or lose a mid

Not westhoff.

He's been playing the same role for a while now.
Can't trust wingard and gray is done unless we start to struggle or lose a mid

Yep Westhoff showed enough last week to for me to have trust. I'm actually considering Wingard this week, look at what the byes are doing to me!!!

I look at Gray and Wingard very similarly, get the right role and they're fantasy gold. Always saw jumping on Gray early in the year as very risky, but Wingard at his current price is great value. Ultimately I'll be looking at him to potentially avoid a donut this week, should provide good coverage and will fall to F7/M9/M10 with Spargo and Ahern

Played midfield and tonned up

Could be worth it

Lel

What if we have both Wingard and Gray to rotate between F6-7 :think::cool: surely one of them gets midfield time

Devon Smith likely out next week also

Issue is how will you know before teams what hinkley will decide? Normally its situational. Gray goes to the middle when we are struggling. And with a favourable fixture I don't see him playing mids Much.

Hinkley would be silly to take wingard back to fwd but may do so now hes in form again and had some decent ball use..

I'd personally stay away from both, but I've got gray :(

Issue is how will you know before teams what hinkley will decide? Normally its situational. Gray goes to the middle when we are struggling. And with a favourable fixture I don't see him playing mids Much.

Hinkley would be silly to take wingard back to fwd but may do so now hes in form again and had some decent ball use..

I'd personally stay away from both, but I've got gray :(
Gray might be situational as he's your best player and potentially he was used in midfield early this year in order to help Rockliff get minutes forward for fitness, but it didn't seem situational with Wingard last year, seemed once he moved onball he'd stay there

Anyways, just an idea. You know I'm always up to speculate ;)

Gray might be situational as he's your best player and potentially he was used in midfield early this year in order to help Rockliff get minutes forward for fitness, but it didn't seem situational with Wingard last year, seemed once he moved onball he'd stay there

Anyways, just an idea. You know I'm always up to speculate ;)

Understand. But watching every minute of port games twice, I know for one we don't ever know what hinkley is going to do.

Like bringing in pittard. LOL

Am I crazy for thinking about going Fritsch --> McLean
Helps me get 18 on the field this week, and basically means Gray becomes F7 over Fritsch and I get McLean who is close to a must have in the forwards.
13 trades left at the moment with Rice my only necessary on field upgrade before I can think about bench cover
bxno8Qz.png
In a word - Yes.

OUT: Spargo/Guelfi
IN: E.Curnow/Giro

Gives me 18 on field.

Next week Holman/Ridley to Ahern/Crisp

Team "Complete"

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Sicily, Crisp, Savage (Rice, L.Murphy)
MID: Macrae, T.Mitchell, E.Curnow, Fyfe, Parker, Treloar, Coniglio, Z.Merrett (Phillips, Ahern, Giro)
RUC: Martin, Gawn (Olango)
FWD: McLean, Heeney, Hogan, Franklin, Smith, Fritsch/Gray (T.Smith)

Savage will need to be upgraded but will have 8 trades remaining to play with. Might sneaky swap Gray with TMac to cover Sicily in defence as he will no doubt get at least 1 more suspension this season.

Differences with #1 overall:
DEF: Simpson vs Seedsman
MID: Curnow, Fyfe, Parker and Z.Merrett vs Dangerfield, Neale, J.Selwood and Rockliff
RUC: Martin vs Grundy
FWD: Heeney, Franklin, Fritsch/Gray vs Petracca, Walters and Westhoff

Last edited:
OUT: Spargo/Guelfi
IN: E.Curnow/Giro

Gives me 18 on field.

Next week Holman/Ridley to Ahern/Crisp

Team "Complete"

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Sicily, Crisp, Savage (Rice, L.Murphy)
MID: Macrae, T.Mitchell, E.Curnow, Fyfe, Parker, Treloar, Coniglio, Z.Merrett (Phillips, Ahern, Giro)
RUC: Martin, Gawn (Olango)
FWD: McLean, Heeney, Hogan, Franklin, Smith, Fritsch/Gray (T.Smith)

Savage will need to be upgraded but will have 8 trades remaining to play with. Might sneaky swap Gray with TMac to cover Sicily in defence as he will no doubt get at least 1 more suspension this season.

Differences with #1 overall:
DEF: Simpson vs Seedsman
MID: Curnow, Fyfe, Parker and Z.Merrett vs Dangerfield, Neale, J.Selwood and Rockliff
RUC: Martin vs Grundy
FWD: Heeney, Franklin, Fritsch/Gray vs Petracca, Walters and Westhoff

I dont get why everyone is bringing in giro or ahern or apeness or what ever his name is what if they arnt named after there bye ?? Ur stuck with a useless player

I dont get why everyone is bringing in giro or ahern or apeness or what ever his name is what if they arnt named after there bye ?? Ur stuck with a useless player
Ahern is next weeks target so if he's not named, then he's obviously not going to be traded in.

If you can tell me a better rookie option than Giro playing this week to get 18 on field I'd love to hear it, especially at basement price allowing for maximised upgrades. After the bye he will be M11 and I couldn't care less if he plays or not. I wouldn't be touching Mihocek or Apeness but that's just me.

Rice, Phillips, Ahern and Fritsch/Gray are adequate bench cover short term until they max out and are cheap upgrades to fallen premiums (Seedsman/Dusty) for proper bench cover.

Hadn't made a bad trade until the last two weeks, when it's been wall to wall shockers:
Two weeks ago
Fritsch->Walters
Cole->Rockliff

Last week
Billings-> Brayshaw

Might just leave it for this week, but am down to 17 thanks to Walters stupidity (unless Laird gets up).

Hadn't made a bad trade until the last two weeks, when it's been wall to wall shockers:
Two weeks ago
Fritsch->Walters
Cole->Rockliff

Last week
Billings-> Brayshaw

Might just leave it for this week, but am down to 17 thanks to Walters stupidity (unless Laird gets up).
Some of my trades seem to come good second game instead of first

Hogan, Gibbs, McLean and Howe have all been vastly better the next game after grabbing them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahern is next weeks target so if he's not named, then he's obviously not going to be traded in.

If you can tell me a better rookie option than Giro playing this week to get 18 on field I'd love to hear it, especially at basement price allowing for maximised upgrades. After the bye he will be M11 and I couldn't care less if he plays or not. I wouldn't be touching Mihocek or Apeness but that's just me.

Rice, Phillips, Ahern and Fritsch/Gray are adequate bench cover short term until they max out and are cheap upgrades to fallen premiums (Seedsman/Dusty) for proper bench cover.

There is none if you dont care if he plays again then all good !!

Any thoughts on Isaac Smith as M8/9, averages 97 in wins this year and last, reasonably priced, & Hawks have a friendly fixture home.

Shiels is another Hawk similar output/price, but he seems to score better in losses than wins.

Any thoughts on Isaac Smith as M8/9, averages 97 in wins this year and last, reasonably priced, & Hawks have a friendly fixture home.

Shiels is another Hawk similar output/price, but he seems to score better in losses than wins.
Shiels recent averages look solid, has a decent ceiling too

Wouldn't go near Smith, he was a rollercoaster ride last year having started with him as he was forward eligible

Lachie Hunter is the pick if you're looking for a mid 600k type coming off their bye

Wouldn't go near Smith, he was a rollercoaster ride last year having started with him as he was forward eligible

Lachie Hunter is the pick if you're looking for a mid 600k type coming off their bye

Both Smith and Hunter are too outside. Unless they get 30+ touches, take 8 marks and kick goals they won't score strong enough. Neither tackle. Hunter can get some big 100's, but he's also capable of scoring under 60. Smith seems to be more consistent this season, but has only had one score over 115. If you're looking for someone that will score 90-100 each week, smith is your man.

I don't mind him , but whilst my stats are supercoach based, I have the Doggies as having the toughest run home.

I don't mind him , but whilst my stats are supercoach based, I have the Doggies as having the toughest run home.
We get shitloads of the ball and accumulate

How we use the ball and work defensively is a massive problem. We are the worst team for converting inside 50s to scores and goalkicking accuracy. We turn the ball over far too much in our attacking third and get done on the counter far too often due to changes to our set ups which is frustrating.

I'd say this week and the West Coast game in Perth are our hardest games left, every other game is in Victoria (6 Etihad, 2 MCG, 1 Ballarat). Imo we have a solid run home, just won't win many because we suck.

Macrae and Hunter racked up last time against West Coast, if he gets a tag he could go missing, but imo he'll still score well

Both Smith and Hunter are too outside. Unless they get 30+ touches, take 8 marks and kick goals they won't score strong enough. Neither tackle. Hunter can get some big 100's, but he's also capable of scoring under 60. Smith seems to be more consistent this season, but has only had one score over 115. If you're looking for someone that will score 90-100 each week, smith is your man.
Disagree on Hunter being too outside, he works hard to get a lot of ball, him and Macrae are arguably our best runners. His ball use and decision making is the knock on him at the moment, made for DT with the amount of easy ball he gets.

I'd grab the likes of Hunter or Gaff to fill up my midfield if I didn't have Parker. Alas I have to just get best available when I can, which would be Curnow or Treloar.

A lot of talk earlier about Wingard. ????
As cheap as he is and as good as his round 12 match was the reality is that he had not scored over 73 in a single game between rounds 2 to 11. Amongst those rounds there were 4 scores under 55.
We would expect more than that from our rookies.
Even though I took a risk in bringing in both Zerrett and Zorko after poor tagged related games I don't see enough upside with Wingard. If Hinkley were to play him solely as a midfielder for the remainder of the season my thoughts would change but I'm not prepared to waste a trade on a potential 70 point average player. Hinkley is simply too unpredictable.

A lot of talk earlier about Wingard. ????
As cheap as he is and as good as his round 12 match was the reality is that he had not scored over 73 in a single game between rounds 2 to 11. Amongst those rounds there were 4 scores under 55.
We would expect more than that from our rookies.
Even though I took a risk in bringing in both Zerrett and Zorko after poor tagged related games I don't see enough upside with Wingard. If Hinkley were to play him solely as a midfielder for the remainder of the season my thoughts would change but I'm not prepared to waste a trade on a potential 70 point average player. Hinkley is simply too unpredictable.
Exactly, and I see once he gets some form back he may get pushed back to HF to kick goals again.
That's my worry.

Giro or appeness? Or just wait for Ahern next week?

Safe to say this week is a write off as I only have 16 playing..

I'm probably avoiding Giro because I want a decent player or decent rookie at M9, potentially Ahern or Phillips provides that

M10/11 can be DPP types, again Ahern and then a J Smith/Murphy could provide that

Giro or appeness? Or just wait for Ahern next week?

Safe to say this week is a write off as I only have 16 playing..
Who you have up forward who is out next week?

Apeness will score much better and make some coin as he's playing a ruck forward role

If only he were ruck forward DPP :(

Anyone going early on Redman/Ahern/Murphy as a pre emptive strike to leave room for upgrades?

I don't think any of them have super solid JS so it's a bit risky, thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back