Game Day ROUND 14 - North Melbourne Vs Collingwood - Will the winning streak continue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I could be there. Have a beer for me!

GAME DAY THREAD

North Melbourne Vs Collingwood
Marvel Stadium, Melbourne
12.10PM

IMG_0888.jpeg
IMG_0893.jpeg

Pre-match (via Footy Live app):

Collingwood, eyeing a top-four spot, face a spirited North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium on Sunday.

Pre-match (via SportsBet):

Surging towards the top four, Collingwood will tackle North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
The Magpies avoided defeat for the ninth time in 10 matches by overcoming Melbourne 89-51 on the King’s Birthday, led by Jack Crisp’s 27 disposals for 576 metres gained in his 227th consecutive appearance. That result looks even more impressive when considering Nick Daicos (15 disposals) was tagged out of the contest before being subbed with a leg injury.

Meanwhile, North Melbourne was finally a winner last weekend, breaking its duck in 2024 by upsetting West Coast 74-65 at Optus Stadium behind Jy Simpkin’s 28 disposals and two goals, as well as Nick Larkey’s five-goal performance.
The Kangaroos have won just three of their last 34 matches and none of those victories have come in Melbourne, including 14 straight losses at Marvel. One of those defeats came against Collingwood by a 105-70 scoreline in Round 11, 2023 despite another five-goal haul from Larkey.

IMG_0898.jpeg

Recent Form:

Drum roll please… the Kangaroos have finally ended their long wait for a win with a 74-65 upset against Eagles with some fine individual performances

The Pies have been in stellar form, remaining unbeaten in nine of their last ten games, including a convincing 89-51 victory over Melbourne on the King’s Birthday.

IMG_0900.jpeg

IMG_0899.jpeg

Key Players:

Nick Larkey lead the way for the Roos in front of goal with 5 majors against West Coast, while any Simpkin was simply irresistible in midfield with 28 disposals and 2 goals

Jack Crisp was a standout performer for the Pies in the win over the Dees, with 27 disposals and 576m gained, alongside Josh Daicos with 34 disposals and 10 marks. Nick Daicos is a major doubt for this weekend, however, after being tagged and subsequently injured in last week’s game

Head-2-Head:

Collingwood defeated North Melbourne 105-70 in their last H2H in RD11, 2023, with Nick Larkey’s five goals not enough to prevent a comprehensive Magpies victory. The Kangaroos have been abysmal at Marvel Stadium, with 14 consecutive losses

IMG_0891.jpeg

Pies In’s & Out’s

Tew Jiath (IN) DEBUT
Jack Bytel (OUT)

Roos In’s & Out’s

Brynn Teakle (IN) DEBUT
Will Dawson (OUT)

FIRST GOAL BETTING INFO…

IMG_0889.jpeg
IMG_0890.jpeg

MORE BETS…

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

GO ROOS!

Last edited:

Fortunately for me the rain earlier in the week has meant a shuffling of junior footy game venues and start times (due to waterlogged grounds) and Toes Jnr’s game, previously starting at 11.30am, is now kicking off at 10.00am. We can now do the junior footy/North game double.

It’s a sign!

North by 3pts.

Our tails are up, pies arrogance at an all time high, is there any reason we can’t get this done at our only game at the G this season?

Let’s go Roo Boys 👊 😎 🤛

Ffs Oh Danny boy…it’s Marvel

The G is next Saturday night

Hope you read this before you walk into the G

The GD OP these days…

Dog Puppy GIF by TikTok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can all of you who are the game please cheer extra loud for me, for today’s team and the 1999 coach and players.

I will be watching at the beach and hoping to see the pressure of last week against a team that operates at that level week in week out. A win would be unbelievable, let’s see what we can do.

Autopsy thread will be created and full of melts by half time, I’m afraid. WCE win was fun for sure, but we were pretty fortunate and the pies are a different class. Hope we’re just compete, show signs like last week, and not get blown away.
ChopChopDebbyDowner.

Standing room tickets only available left. Is today's game reserved seating in General admission?

I have a flexi membership and hoping I can scan my mates and I in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back