Game Day Round 16, 2024: West Coast vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of our mids have been better? They're all invisible today.
Yeo is having a crack and TK is getting the ball. I suspect Reid is being tagged when he's in the middle because he's not having much of an impact.

Cole joining the Duggan party.

Nelson must just shake his head. Absolutely no reason to delist him if we are prepared to make footballers of Duggan's quality captain.

I used to say it was like making Kasey Green captain. Starting to think I undersold Green.

What happened to our amazing midfield and our amazing forward line?
Such a strange game, a coaching chess game?
Harley not up to speed.
The Hawks are fast and zippy with crazy angles, but inaccurate kicking...
Just need a goal before half time

We are back to Simmo reactive football. We aren’t attacking stoppage or the game in general, we are sitting back and reacting to what they do.

It’s awful.

Pretty lifeless half from the eagles. Midfield is asleep, not pressure. Hawks getting every 50:50 ball and finding space at will. Boys better lift

Yeo is having a crack and TK is getting the ball. I suspect Reid is being tagged when he's in the middle because he's not having much of an impact.
9 possesions by Tim Kelly. 4 possesion by Yeo. Yeo is not having a crack.

Harley with 11 and 0 goals 2 but rusty.

Yeo needed to be rested, can't be expected to play. Don't know any other industry your expected to work after the death of a parent. Who'd have thought he'd be shit, he's probably an emotional wreck.

It was his choice.

From a personal point of view after my dad died I ran a conference between his death and the funeral as it was better for me than wallowing about at home.

Everyone reacts differently.

Cole joining the Duggan party.

Nelson must just shake his head. Absolutely no reason to delist him if we are prepared to make footballers of Duggan's quality captain.

I used to say it was like making Kasey Green captain. Starting to think I undersold Green.
Green wasn't at Duggan's level of shitness by a long way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How have we dropped off so much from the Freo and Melbourne performances at home? They were defensive powerhouses too, not what Hawthorn are known for. Have a full squad basically, though Yeo understandably might not be 100%.

Too many passengers, especially the midfielders. Inaccuracy again killing us. Poor disposal. Not much to take away
from that performance. Not out of it, but the last junktime goal didn't help. Not impressed at all to date. Simmo is just
treading water at the moment.

The whole team should be forced to drink a triple shot of espresso at half time!?
Only 17 points behind...

The senior mids just haven't turned up. Its easy to blame the younger players like Ginbey/Chesser/Reid but they are already on the backfoot when the senior guys are being trash. Ginbey & Reid both lifted late I thought.

Duggan's first half has been completely unacceptable for a captain.

I don't care how his stats look. Probably the WOG at the moment.
We are a developing team, carrying 10 players at least who are not up to it. At last we got a bit o the ball that quarter, just can not kick to a team mate. Nothing new here. Reid showed what is required with his kick to Waterman drawing the free. Waterman showed the opposite in Q1 when he took a mark and held up play for 20 seconds - thus kick long to a pack once the defence is set. Just random examples no a commentary on individuals.

Oh. I guess we aren't watching the same match. In the one I've got on Yeo only has 4 touches and near on worst on ground and Kelly has fewer touches than Reid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back