Preview Round 17 St.Kilda v Sydney 3.20pm at Marvel stadium (Battle of the Lake )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a clip once of Dermie showing a KPF how to out position his defender on the lead. It was really good simple coaching. Not as dim as he sims.
I used to watch Mick McGuane at Keilor train KPFs. Opened my eyes. Usually 1 KPF against 2-3 defenders. Running patterns. Man was he savage on any mistakes. Wasting everyones time. He got angry. Now we have to do it again. And Again. I could have watched it for hours. And I did. There was a pizza place across the road. I would buy a couple and sit and eat and watch. Senior training was after my son's training on some weekday night.
I would loved to have watched Dermie.

I must admit I really enjoy Brereton's insight and explanations about footy. Coming from someone who despised him as a sniper in his playing days.
When he sticks to where guys need to be, what they did wrong as far as positioning he’s ok.

The bio-mechanics and martial arts crap he goes on with makes me cringe.

Tough crowd!! dropping players after a 1pt loss to a team sitting 3rd!
I'm not sure anyone really deserves to be dropped off 1 loss anyway. You can say a few players aren't in top form over recent weeks, but we don't really have alternatives from reserves who are doing better in their role.

We're already losing Cunners, maybe Cleary makes way for Mitchell or Roberts as sub. Think 2 is enough.

Now if Mills and Parker go to town in VFL next week, or Sheldrick bounces back, Konstanty finds some goals, we might have some discussions to have.

Tough crowd!! dropping players after a 1pt loss to a team sitting 3rd!
Haha I just don't think the players to drop are there. I look at those who might've potentially been on the chopping block - Campbell, Wicks and to a lesser extent McLean - and they all had pretty good games, despite the result. McDonald was the only one whose form had been iffy who failed to deliver on the weekend, but there isn't anyone to bring in for him.

It's probably a reason we've been so strong this year. Even those whose form suggests they could be at risk always manage to pull out good performances regularly enough to save themselves.

Haha I just don't think the players to drop are there. I look at those who might've potentially been on the chopping block - Campbell, Wicks and to a lesser extent McLean - and they all had pretty good games, despite the result. McDonald was the only one whose form had been iffy who failed to deliver on the weekend, but there isn't anyone to bring in for him.

It's probably a reason we've been so strong this year. Even those whose form suggests they could be at risk always manage to pull out good performances regularly enough to save themselves.

Cunners being the only forced change you reckon?

i dont follow the VFL any standouts or do we have a bye this week

I had a premonition that Gus was named as sub this week, with a plan to sub Heeney out at 3/4 time if we are belting them (as we should be).

My premonitions tend to be wildly inaccurate.
If we ever plan subs for relieving a particular player at a given point, we're idiots.

You just don't play unfit players, make sure you have versatility in the 22 to cover an injury somewhere, and just go with whoever you feel is the next best non KPP (which might be Gus in a few weeks). Or if you have a utility who can fill multiple roles and doesn't add to any problems if the wrong sort of player gets injured (which rules out the likes of Francis).

Cunners being the only forced change you reckon?

i dont follow the VFL any standouts or do we have a bye this week
Yeah I'd just go Fox for Cunningham.

If we want Cleary to get a full game maybe bring Roberts in for him as sub, but not sure that'll help Roberts get form either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we ever plan subs for relieving a particular player at a given point, we're idiots.

You just don't play unfit players, make sure you have versatility in the 22 to cover an injury somewhere, and just go with whoever you feel is the next best non KPP (which might be Gus in a few weeks). Or if you have a utility who can fill multiple roles and doesn't add to any problems if the wrong sort of player gets injured (which rules out the likes of Francis).
Are you saying DQ's premonition is an idiot?!? Thems is fighting words.

So is that why you hate them so much? I always wondered why as, in my time following the game, they have been mostly irrelevant.
Another one when we played them in a final at the G in 2004 i was there with my late mum and my 7 yo son , we went down and he started crying and 2 saints fans pointed at him and started laughing and commenting take him home to Sydney , i wanted to kill them , but mum said just leave it.
Next year when we beat them in the 05 Prelim , he said to we have a go dad and i said no we won't lower ourselves , but watching them on the train on the way home i was laughing underneath thinking what a pathetic club !

I used to watch Mick McGuane at Keilor train KPFs. Opened my eyes. Usually 1 KPF against 2-3 defenders. Running patterns. Man was he savage on any mistakes. Wasting everyones time. He got angry. Now we have to do it again. And Again. I could have watched it for hours. And I did. There was a pizza place across the road. I would buy a couple and sit and eat and watch. Senior training was after my son's training on some weekday night.
I would loved to have watched Dermie.
He was so positive in that clip and the skill he demonstrated was so repeatable. Perfect coaching:
Demonstrate (like this)
Observe (now you do it)
Correct (bit further)
Practice (away you go)
Encourage (that's it)
Ten minutes, it's done, both kids have learnt something they'll never forget.

Are you saying DQ's premonition is an idiot?!? Thems is fighting words.
Imaginary Horse in DQs premonition would be an idiot yes. Gus as sub is fine, but not as a specific plan to sub a particular player out, and not having just come back.

I know that i am referrencing fantasy and supercoach stuff but im backing in Brodie Grundy to have a huge game given that it seems most rucks have a great time against St Kilda in the last 10 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back