Preview Round 17 St.Kilda v Sydney 3.20pm at Marvel stadium (Battle of the Lake )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extended bench but simply:
Out: Cunningham
In: Snell, Fox, Roberts, McAndrew

I expect Roberts to be the one that gets the call up on Friday, good to see Snell get some recognition
I reckon it'll be Cleary as sub again, with just Fox in for Cunners. We've generally been pretty consistent with what the first 4 or 5 on extended bench mean.

Another one when we played them in a final at the G in 2004 i was there with my late mum and my 7 yo son , we went down and he started crying and 2 saints fans pointed at him and started laughing and commenting take him home to Sydney , i wanted to kill them , but mum said just leave it.
Next year when we beat them in the 05 Prelim , he said to we have a go dad and i said no we won't lower ourselves , but watching them on the train on the way home i was laughing underneath thinking what a pathetic club !

one of my all-time favourite games, especially the last quarter ...

"Schneider again, non-preferred, puts the Swans in front"

And then it was an avalanche of goals. Oh I loved that quarter!
Same. Easily the most enjoyable quarter of football I've ever seen.

Came from behind but you just knew within 10 minutes we were playing in the big one next week and every goal was a celebration.

Kirk was absolutely immense head to head with Lenny Hayes and O'Keefe and Schneider dominated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hearing Grundy’s shoulder is no good from the Freo game and could be rested. Might explain the team announced.
It will be interesting to see how Stretch goes if he's given the chance. I think his ruck work has been very good and I've also been impressed by his work around the contest this year. He looks like he's packed on a bit of muscle. Still has a way to go with his kicking and general play but I think he could be OK if called upon.

Last edited:

Came from behind but you just knew within 10 minutes we were playing in the big one next week and every goal was a celebration.

Kirk was absolutely immense head to head with Lenny Hayes and O'Keefe and Schneider dominated.
Hall ‘love taps’ Maguire.

Teams that have been on long winning runs that finally lose one have a habit of making it back to back losses. We also have had a happy knack of gifting shit sides a win when they need one. They are very very ordinary but we need to go with good heads on our shoulders. Don’t go into our shells against their negative garbage. All out attack from minute one and set the tone. Don’t be reactive.

Last edited:

Absoloutely! The week before I was biting my nails in the last quarter and got teary when Nick Davis kicked that goal. A week later, I must admit, it was good to be able to sit back with 10 minutes left knowing the boys will be playing in the big one.

Teams that have been on long winning runs that finally lose one have a habit of making it back to losses. We also have had a happy knack of gifting shit sides a win when they need one. They are very very ordinary but we need to go with good heads on our shoulders. Don’t go into our shells against their negative garbage. All out attack from minute one and set the tone. Don’t be reactive.

Saints are fully capable especially under Marvel of beating us if we dont turn up, get 4-5 goals up early and it might get to hard for them especially as their season is dead.

Teams that have been on long winning runs that finally lose one have a habit of making it back to back losses. We also have had a happy knack of gifting shit sides a win when they need one. They are very very ordinary but we need to go with good heads on our shoulders. Don’t go into our shells against their negative garbage. All out attack from minute one and set the tone. Don’t be reactive.
Port Adelaide are the buggers that seem to stun us. Before the Freo loss, they were the ones I had as breaking our streak but I can see how easy it can happen against the Saints.
The 3 game buffer we had last week just may be what we need to finish the season on the up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back