Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Was going to go Buddy to Cloke but looks like I might have to hold off on that one this week thanks to SJ

Probably go Terlich to Grimes/Eski/Enright and downgrade Blicavs to McBean just for a bit of cash and to swing my DPP around with Rowe so he can cover both lines theoretically

Bugger, is the Bris v Melb match really in Darwin? I brought in Leuey last week for this easy run, but I think the heat and humidity will keep DT scores low.

Before Thursday the plan is:

Franklin > N.Riewoldt
Blicavs --> Josh Hall or $89k rookie

Plans will change if Daniher is selected and depending if players are rested. Essendon playing GWS & Geelong starting to rest a player each week.

Was locked in to do:

Watson -> Jelwood
Blicavs -> Hrovat

But with so many players in doubt/suspended (thanks no thanks SJ!), it is probably wise to just sit back until the team sheets are out on Thurs.

However assuming everything is unchanged, what are people's opinions on the Hrovat trade? Is it silly to get him in as my M9? That'd give me a nice 100k in the bank for next week (most likely Nitnat to Kreuz)

NB. I already have an $89k ruck rookie on my bench, along with Nicholls

Thinking of moving Terlich on this week. Can't decide whether I should pick up Hanley or Grimes.

My other move maybe shipping Cotchin to Riewoldt via a position swap.

Thoughts :)

Watson> jelwood and laird> heath shaw/enright. Lot of people going for enright over shaw whos $ 50.000 cheaper. Shaws scored pretty solidly with one bad score which was 60. understand shaw misses a few games but that should help him in the run home.

Well with SJ out, at this stage I've got the luxury of giving him the flick for a week. Cloke should give GC an absolute toweling, so he comes in.

SJ -> Cloke
Redden -> J.Selwood

Changed my mind, not going to bring Grimes in. Terlich can stay 1 more week, going to cash in Caff>Daniher and Blicavs>Roughy. Daniher will play again eventually (I think).

Going to hold Jack for a while, got him in and he has given me 91 and 79, wtf?

Can you please get rid of Jack. He was going well until then.

Thanks - the rest of us.

Z.Clarke -> McBean (Makes Cox F7 or R2)
Thurlow -> Malceski

Next week I'll have plenty of cash to upgrade Wines to Barlow/Griffen/Stanton and complete my midfield with Mitchell/Rockliff mids 8 and 9. Looks like I'll be keeping Neade for the year to swing between M10 and F9/10. Nicholls covers SJ this week

Really want to get rid of Heartless and Nic Nat but also bring in Cloke. (Cant work any DPP magic unfortunately)

Also, other Hartlett owners might appreciate this tweet by his bro(?):

"@adam_hartlett: Be good if this flog could kick a few kicks for my supercoach."
Which accompanied an instagram pic of Adam and 2 other girls ripping into Hamish's front page picture on the paper! :D
Hamish's response: Lucky I've got a supportive family.

Thanks for saying what we've all been thinking Adam! :thumbsu: Gold.

Now who to bring in out of Malsexy, Enright or Grimes.
Grimes seems to me like Hartlett MK II: cheap, injury prone, good potential due to plenty of midfield time.
Enright: solid, old school DT-er, low ceiling. (gonna be honest, havent really paid attention to him all year)
Malceski: great potential, they love getting the ball in his hands but a tag target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of iffy selections there with plenty in poor form.

Cox, Bartel, Stevie J (may get suspended), Grimes concussed and Gibbs 2 very poor games in a row.

Who would you trade Gibbs to? Bartel is averaging in the high 90's, I'm not going to trade SJ for a one week suspension and Grimes knocked out a 94 despite a concussion. May I see your team?.

K
omg who are these ******* soft pricks in the MRP, **** your old ladies you stupid fairy ****s

MRP needs to be looked at. Turning afl into a laughing stock. No way SJ should have gone for that, not sure if its worth it but should appeal.

Who would you trade Gibbs to? Bartel is averaging in the high 90's, I'm not going to trade SJ for a one week suspension and Grimes knocked out a 94 despite a concussion. May I see your team?.

I just go for the quick points. I traded gibbs for dempsey ha ha! And Cox for winderlich, Bombers playing gws this round coming. I'm just going for league wins. I'm 2 far back for overall. 11k or so I am at.

And want to check my team? sure, it's Madisons Marvels. I have my own problems aswell. Depends if ur going for the overall win or league win. But it's round 17 coming up, Missing out 1 week with Stevie J could be the difference between getting a 110+ form his replacement or a dissapointing 60-70 from a b grade player playing poorly that is usually on your bench.

K

MRP needs to be looked at. Turning afl into a laughing stock. No way SJ should have gone for that, not sure if its worth it but should appeal.

He just came back from a suspension and we all saw what happened with Embley not that long ago also doing the same thing. 1 week is fine for what Stevie J did. he's now been suspended in 4 games he's played in the last 12.

Dammit, I was so ready to dump Buddy this week, now SJ out...
Anybody think Buddy will go well this week? Obviously Dogs can't handle talls, but Buddy has been so Spuddy this year. Plus at Aurora who knows what'll happen.

Goddard, Heppell, Gibbs, Ellis, Hanley, Staker (Clisby, Docherty)
Ablett, Swan, Barlow, Pendlebury, Hannebery, ROK, JOM, T.Mitchell (B.Goodes, Dalziell)
Goldstein, Nicholls (Rowe, Roughead)
Cox, Cloke, Buddy, JJK, Rockliff, Lee (Hitchcock, Stevie J)
Current thinking
OUT Buddy, IN Osborn (Roughead DPPs)
OUT Docherty IN Shaw/Malceski/Enright, OR can DPP B.Goodes and get in Boak/Jelwood (any MF priced BELOW Stanton)

Dalziell has 1 price rise left (albeit a modest one). If I go Dalziell > Hunter, Docherty > Shaw
I'm a bit worried Grimes will struggle in Darwin, as might Staker. So I'm kinda set on upgrading Doc, but who do I downgrade to finance it? Only 49k pre-trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 17 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back