Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't be easy either. I reckon Fly looked dour during the presser.
We will hit this game hard. Got a feeling we ain't gonna see 3 quarters of sfa followed by 30 minutes of manic pressure. The manic pressure will have a much more even distribution throughout this game.
JDG, Checkers, Pendles have come back after long layoffs. Some have mentioned that Pendles might be hampered still with his arm. I think it more likely that after the prolonged layoff, even the master needs to recalibrate.
I have a good feeling about this Friday night. Bring it on.

I'm looking for a similar performance like we put out against Carlton earlier in the season. There needs to be manic pressure across the entirety of the game and the scoreboard will look after itself.

Do we need to and more so, can we change our game style for the rest of the year. More so changing from the catch up and over take from behind style that maybe most teams have worked out. To the fast start and or put the game beyond reach in bursts like Swans and Carlton.

I’m guessing to be able to do a lot of this will come down to personnel that we might not have all at once.

That's called mindset and intent, not game style. Our game when on will blow every team out of the water.

Rarely, if ever, see Ryan mentioned in these pages, including as a replacement for JFN, or to bolster our hard working defence. Does not augur well for the kid - he doesnt seem to be banging down the door.
I’d be terrified to give him another go after his debut to be frank.

He’d need to be absolutely tearing it up in the VFL to get another go

I don’t think Josh will play.
Here is my team, still good enough to get the four points.

IQ Billy Dean
Bruz Darcy WHE
Steele Pendles Lipinski File
JDG Howe HH
Norm Checkers Sarg

Foll: Cam Nick Crispy
Int: Reef, Krueger, Richards, Markov
Sub: The Sullivans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned long already announced. What is that meaning for who is out for him?

We know for sure we’ve lost McCreery and Noble.

Shultz in for McCreery
He’s not the noble replacement

Who’s out for him? Sullivan? On form perhaps. Go a bigger bodied mid?

Ned long already announced. What is that meaning for who is out for him?

We know for sure we’ve lost McCreery and Noble.

Shultz in for McCreery
He’s not the noble replacement

Who’s out for him? Sullivan? On form perhaps. Go a bigger bodied mid?
Has to mean that The Sullivans have been taken off the air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back