Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear his a big strong lad, but how is his disposal. Are we gonna see him crash through a stoppage and kick helicopters? Or is he a good kick?

Great news about Long, my only concern is why was he delisted in the first place?
I'm concerned we have stocked up with a few delisted players from other clubs and when the whips are cracking, the cream rises to the top and we'll get found out....

Great news about Long, my only concern is why was he delisted in the first place?
I'm concerned we have stocked up with a few delisted players from other clubs and when the whips are cracking, the cream rises to the top and we'll get found out....

Not the only one thinking that.

Not sure how well manage it with the outs we're potentially going to wear coming into this one, but it's a game we have to win.

Lose and we'll be a solid chance of missing the top 8 with the nasty run of games we have to close out the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how many guys will be in the team on Friday night who’ve played 10 games or less, at a pinch 15 games?

I’ve been amazed at how well we’ve been going, at least until the North game, but I can’t move past this problem. And that we’re moving players like Frampton and Howe around, to cover holes; and Dean is in and out of an already unsettled defence; and now there’s no JFN. And Moore is copping it in the media.

Yep things are going swimmingly.

But I still think we’ll beat Essendon.

So how many guys will be in the team on Friday night who’ve played 10 games or less, at a pinch 15 games?

I’ve been amazed at how well we’ve been going, at least until the North game, but I can’t move past this problem. And that we’re moving players like Frampton and Howe around, to cover holes; and Dean is in and out of an already unsettled defence; and now there’s no JFN. And Moore is copping it in the media.

Yep things are going swimmingly.

But I still think we’ll beat Essendon.
We are the champions.

I thought Sullivan was starting to look a bit banged up and needs a spell.
He's done a great job in the absence of some of our other mids, but he's on the small side and has had to play with AFL level intensity for a few weeks, which he wouldn't be used to.
Long is a big, strong tackling machine, so I hope he hurts a few Bummer players - legally, of course!
I'll be interested to see how he goes.

I hear his a big strong lad, but how is his disposal. Are we gonna see him crash through a stoppage and kick helicopters? Or is he a good kick?
Yes but Macrae has said that kicking skills aren’t a priority…we play a chaos ball style, just keep the ball moving forward and apply pressure.

If he can extract the ball and tackle, that’s his job done. That’s all Taylor Adam’s did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back