Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more that the loss to the Suns was a bad loss, considering our draw from now to the end of the home and away season. We play 5 top 8 sides in our remaining games, so a loss tonight would really set us back. We haven’t been playing well the last two games form wise, and have gone away from what makes us a difficult side to beat. Despite beating North, they were nearly 10 goals up at one stage.
It's not looking at it as doom and gloom, it's the reality of where we are in the season. If we had beaten the Suns, we would be feeling a little more at ease at the moment....
Don’t agree it was a BAD loss we hit the front then Maynard. Noble McCreery injuries impacted our ability to run out the game.
IMO a loss is a to lose by 6 goals and not give a yelp at any stage.

Last edited:
Tonight will be interesting. Essen_DONE have beaten WC twice, North, Rich and GWS. Lost to Carlton and Geelong and in both those games they managed to kick 9 goals.

Essen_DONE will kick 6 goals in the first quarter against a zone defence strategy which has not worked this year. Most teams have kicked their best score for the year against the Pies. And kicked scores with ease.

Unless our defence works out out to play on teams with big fowards, we will struggle again tonight. King, Brown, Curnow, Larky, Darcy, just to name a few took our defence apart when it mattered at key moments in the game.

I hope we win tonight, Of course I do. However Hope alone does not fill me with confidence.

Don’t agree it was a BAD loss we hit the front then Maynard. Noble McCreery injuries impacted our ability to run out the game.
IMO a loss is a to loose by 6 goals and not give a yelp at any stage.

I'm not referring to it as a bad loss in relation to the margin. l meant a bad loss in context of the season, and our position in the 8. God forbid we lose tonight, more than likely we will be out of the 8 by Sunday night then we are back trying to get ourselves back into contention.
A win against the Suns last week, would have given us some breathing space. That's why l say it was a bad loss to have....

Funny how we haven't got Nicholls since the Freo game.......
The damage was done. Who cares if he umpires every game from hereon. The standard of umpires has been questionable all year.
I know we had two on the bench, but I still can't believe how we leaked 25 points in 7 minutes of game time remaining, when Freo managed 50 point for the entire game up until that point.
As I have said on previous posts, We have become easy to score against this year.

It’s a definitive answer based on the facts - until Kreuger proves otherwise.
Frampton has facts to support my view - while you have HOPE that Kreuger can meet the standard.
Frankly, I hope Kreuger meets your hopes and desires as a Ruck because it will make us an even more flexible team.
It’s a guess based on a sample size of games too narrow to provide any definitive answer. Nothing more.

Honestly reckon we win this one by 4 goals.

It sucks having outs but with Maynard and J Daicos getting up I'm more optimistic.

Mccreery is a great pressure player but by no means elite for touches or goals, so we should hopefully cover him especial with the return of Shoota.

And Noble's absence hopefully frees up Markov to play more offensive like late last year.

No Parish is a bit understated because he's not the elite of the elite but he often dominates us.

Just hope we don't put Dean on 2MP

Might watch all/ part of the game from a pub owned by Paul Little - hopefully I get to hang around - be a presence etc...

Tonight will be interesting. Essen_DONE have beaten WC twice, North, Rich and GWS. Lost to Carlton and Geelong and in both those games they managed to kick 9 goals.

Essen_DONE will kick 6 goals in the first quarter against a zone defence strategy which has not worked this year. Most teams have kicked their best score for the year against the Pies. And kicked scores with ease.

Unless our defence works out out to play on teams with big fowards, we will struggle again tonight. King, Brown, Curnow, Larky, Darcy, just to name a few took our defence apart when it mattered at key moments in the game.

I hope we win tonight, Of course I do. However Hope alone does not fill me with confidence.
Nope. Only North has done that.

It’s a guess based on a sample size of games too narrow to provide any definitive answer. Nothing more.
The answer is definitive at this point compared to a sample size of zero for Kreuger.
A reasonable person would rightly see your view on Krueger as purely speculative - not so the view on Frampton however.

So it boils down to data/facts with Frampton versus speculation for Krueger.

Anyway I've made my point, no need to go around in circles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have kicked 12, 14, 18 & 13 goals in our last 4 games including 2 losses.
The Bombers have kicked 11, 9, 19 against Eagles (doesn’t count) & 9.
I don’t think they have much scoring power at the moment. Darcy Moore to be back to his best and help restrict the Dons to 10 goals or less.
We win.

The answer is definitive at this point compared to a sample size of zero for Kreuger.
A reasonable person would rightly see your view on Krueger as purely speculative - not so the view on Frampton however.

So it boils down to data/facts with Frampton versus speculation for Krueger.

Anyway I've made my point, no need to go around in circles.
A reasonable person would acknowledge they’re both speculative, but clearly you’re incapable of doing that.

This feels massive tonight, the boys must be on from the start and apply that manic game style that no team can compete against.
This sets up our run home, let’s go lads!!
Pretty relaxed about this one

I think partly because I think we should win and partly because I am comfortable we are not a serious threat this year if we can’t win this one.
Bombers are not great peeps

We have kicked 12, 14, 18 & 13 goals in our last 4 games including 2 losses.
The Bombers have kicked 11, 9, 19 against Eagles (doesn’t count) & 9.
I don’t think they have much scoring power at the moment. Darcy Moore to be back to his best and help restrict the Dons to 10 goals or less.
We win.
This is a game where Stringer and Two Meter will somehow gain pin point accuracy lol

And Langford kicks 5.0 after kicking bugger all in the last month

Has Josh Daicos been sighted warming up?
I’m heading in late today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back