Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong/Scott are disgusting with concussion. See Stewart and Cameron as examples. The Pies are over cautious. We even seem to have players miss an extra game after protocol ends. Murphy and Carmichael monitored carefully and retired.

We need independent doctors. Do you think Cats would put someone in protocols in a preliminary final? AFL need to do its job because one club is and another is a selfinterested basket case

There is no way Stewart should come back on with same head knock as Shultz. Its negligent

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’ll now be “injured” for the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:

8 teams started the year 3 weeks earlier than any previous premier and the rest of the comp only one week after. If the team can't be ready after coming back in November, then it's the club's fault, not the AFLs

Sick of people making it sound like we were forced to play Round 0 with a week's preparation.

In my opinion it was a change in preparation possibly giving players a rest after two high intensity seasons and lessons from loading late near finals last year.

Clearly our plans changed. Senior players started full training in January basically six weeks before the season started. We seem to drop off training intensity over bye and following weeks.

We probably got it wrong but will never admit it.

Remember the pre season spin that we have trained brilliantly and super prepared. Mind games with players only go so far.

I hope we don't miss finals but if we do lets hope they get their arses kicked after their six weeks off(?) Our training should start in October. Oh and if players need ops be pro active and do it at the end of the season not January!!!

I believed Wade was our main man last year. Not sure what's happened this year other than above. Too much bulk in the gym? Not sure. North looked bigger and faster than us. That was a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why is this thread a review and not a roast? Are we not allowed to do roasts anymore?
I’m having one for dinner tonight.

Labor Day Cooking GIF by Pudgy Penguins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our season may have. They used to be prefixed as autopsy even last year in the losses. Seems more appropriate now than then.
Yeah, I don’t care much about that.

there’s nothing wrong with constructive criticism, what annoys people (me) on here is the same few doomers that only appear after we lose games. Campaigners all of them. Never hear a peep when things are going well.

Lose a game or 2 and it’s:

View attachment 2047056
It’s not easy being green.

It's not about being negative or champing at the bit to vent, previously when we had a loss the threads were prefixed with 'roast'.

Just wondering why the change?
Sounds like a First World problem.

It's not about being negative or champing at the bit to vent, previously when we had a loss the threads were prefixed with 'roast'.

Just wondering why the change?
Maybe it's simply because we haven't had a lot of losses & those in charge of threads are in the habit of typing Review instead of Roast.

I'm sure there's no conspiracy to silence the doomers. They still go off regardless.

I don't know what others have been saying. I love Fly but when the team loses and is out of finals contention (as we are) fans are entitled to be frustrated and angry if the team performs in a listless manner. We have struggled to play 4 quarters all year even when we had a strong line up. This has to be addressed.

Fans are entitled to nothing but from what's evident here many enjoy a good rant. Fly is a premiership coach and he achieved this much faster than Malthouse did. We shouldn't be turning on him, give him time to right the ship.

Injuries have absolutely wrecked our season but that has nothing to do with Degoey's inability to play consistently high quality footy. You watch Dangerfield at 34 years of age exploding out of the middle repeatedly and gathering his 30 possessions while Jordie jogs along, does some nice things, kicks a snag and jogs along. We talk about Reef lacking a tank, but Degoey is either lazy or simply doesn't have the physical capacity to play at the level Dangerfield does for four quarters.

JDG might be playing hampered, he certainly doesn't look 100%. Having said that, he and Nick were the only 2 midfielders who showed some fight in the last quarter.

Moore is a shadow of himself, Maynard has been poor in recent weeks. It's the flat, listless footy we are witnessing as the opposition chip the pill with embarrassing ease and make us look like witches' hats. It's rather humiliating. We just couldn't get our hands on the ball. I read last week someone expressing their disappointment over the crowd's support at games this year eg. the Collingwood chant, but there is a reason for this. In most games the players simply haven't played the style of footy which a big, passionate fan base feeds off. You can't manufacture excitement, passion and pride. I think the lack of crowd involvement is a reflection of our footy this year. Mostly pedestrian and dare I say it-boring.

The team has lost its spark so it's less fun to watch footy. This is true for all Collingwood supporters but only some are spitting the dummy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back