Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

In addition to all of our injury woes, almost everyone seems horribly out of form.

Here’s a challenge - how many players can you list who could be described as currently playing their roles really well?

I’ll have a go……

Nick Daicos
John Noble
Darcy Cameron
Ummm……
Ahhh……

Yep, that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Q. What’s worse than having a partner whose team beat you last night?

A. Having that partner want to ‘analyse’ what went wrong with you the morning after.

I don’t give a flying &@*+ about analysing what went wrong! I was there, I could see Geelong playing keepings off with us. And all those times when the ball was kicked into our forward line, where we had one player to their three, and the shortest Geelong player was about 15cm taller than our valiant small forward.

I also don’t need to be told that we have no tall forwards. No shit Sherlock.

Apart from that, everything is wonderful.

Time to get yourself a good divorce lawyer, VP. I believe the term is “irreconcilable differences”.

In addition to all of our injury woes, almost everyone seems horribly out of form.

Here’s a challenge - how many players can you list who could be described as currently playing their roles really well?

I’ll have a go……

Nick Daicos
John Noble
Darcy Cameron
Ummm……
Ahhh……

Yep, that’s it.

Jamie. Fkng. Elliott. :blueheart:

Time to get yourself a good divorce lawyer, VP. I believe the term is “irreconcilable differences”.

I agree.

As "true friends" we're duty-bound to advise VP that she must break up her marriage.

Think that’s our season done and dusted.
Looking at both the state of the list & current performance levels, I can see them beating Richmond in their remaining games. As for the rest, I cannot see a win. It is unfortunate but that is pretty much the reality for the remainder of 2024. The side really needs an injection of new talent both in the key positions & the midfield. With that in mind, I am now looking at players who we need to de-list going forward. More on that
At least they were smart enough to keep their first rounder and traded for young talent to regenerate post their premiership
Totally agree. Schultz is definitely not worth a 1st Round Draft choice in 2024. Once again we are paying the price for paying Overs! Goodbye & good luck.

Reckon you might be starting to fall apart mate. Just take a break and calm down

Even if you take Richards away, hell, let’s take Harrison away. We still had Beau, Hill, Elliott and Ginnivan at the time we made the deal.

The point being, we didn’t really need another small forward. Let alone need one that cost us as much as he did.
Totally agree. It was not a sign of intelligent strategic recruiting especially in terms of the cost going forward.

I’ll have a go……

Nick Daicos
John Noble
Darcy Cameron
Ummm……
Ahhh……

Yep, that’s it.

Gets ridiculous criticism but I’d say Josh Daicos is playing his role. Brad Johnson has him in his all Australian team on the wing and he’s a fair judge. So to him he’s in the top 2 wingmen in the comp. But to everyone on this thread he’s been shit house. Plays every week. His AFL fantasy rating is at its highest this year even surpassing last year. Not that that is so important. Super coach only last year higher. All his stats are similar or just marginally lower than last year all Australian. They are higher than the previous year when he made the all Australian squad. Make of that what you want .

I'd be more than ok with us freeing up a shit tonne of cap space letting Sidebottom, Pendles, Howe and Checkers retire this season and chase a forward, mid and back to replace them armed with big contract offers to RFAs

Right up there with your best panicking.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is this thread a review and not a roast? Are we not allowed to do roasts anymore?

Because the thread starter choose that option and we didn't see the need to override that, but given the amount of grumbling over such a trivial thing …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the thread starter choose that option and we didn't see the need to override that, but given the amount of grumbling over such a trivial thing …
I’m getting into my surgeon gown as we speak.
Ready to apply the scalpel…

And I would also like to mention the garbage umpiring.

Donlon (who also umpired 2011 gf) should not umpire Geelong games. Was a Cats fan growing up. Or just not against us.

I thought the mark paid to Close was laughable given what happened with Cameron last season.

Holding the ball seemed to be given the Geelong tackler extra time so holding the ball could be awarded but when it was a Collingwood tackler then blow the whistle straight away.

To compound my misery having to endure Brian Taylor and Luke Hodge is the pits. How people with a brain could actually think Brian Taylor has a Collingwood bias is laughable. He hates our guts. Ditto Hodge.

I laughed when Brian Taylor squeeled for a deliberate against us which was correctly not paid. Geelong player does a deliberate out of bounds and BT says sweet **** all. Absolute joke and flog of a commentator. Richo is the only one that is half reasonable.

And I would also like to mention the garbage umpiring.

Donlon (who also umpired 2011 gf) should not umpire Geelong games. Was a Cats fan growing up. Or just not against us.

I thought the mark paid to Close was laughable given what happened with Cameron last season.

Holding the ball seemed to be given the Geelong tackler extra time so holding the ball could be awarded but when it was a Collingwood tackler then blow the whistle straight away.

To compound my misery having to endure Brian Taylor and Luke Hodge is the pits. How people with a brain could actually think Brian Taylor has a Collingwood bias is laughable. He hates our guts. Ditto Hodge.

I laughed when Brian Taylor squeeled for a deliberate against us which was correctly not paid. Geelong player does a deliberate out of bounds and BT says sweet **** all. Absolute joke and flog of a commentator. Richo is the only one that is half reasonable.
All effing night!!!

As for BT, the mute button is your friend.

The team is clearly not playing Magpies style.

There was intensity early but just nothing from half time on. Basically the team is either unfit or just doesn't care.

Similar to last year's July and August form...except this year Pies are not top of ladder so every loss means less chances of making the 8.

Markov has regressed big time, this guy is making half ass plays, he's no way near last season. Moore is so passive and looks unsure. The backline has taken a back step big time. Effort wise.

Pretty simple solution.

We like it fast and manic.
Opposition has worked out playing keepings off and spreading the ball around works.

So how do you counter that?

1) when we have the ball, by all means play fast and manic.
2) when we dont have the ball....FOR F...K sakes, man up! Dont bother with zones. Beat your opposing man.

That will be our only hope to make something of 2024.

Given the last 3 loses, we are still only 2 games from 2nd spot. Hard to believe.

Just need the players to believe!

My boy Maynard had an abnormally low 8 disposal game last night. He averages above 18 this season.

For those watching live was he playing predominantly on one opponent for the game and trying to be ultra accountable?

Perhaps that knee he injured 2 weeks back is continuing to cause him grief?

Run used to come from half back. I reckon the Murphy loss has been huge. Darcy and IQ are almost different players now (not better either)

I also think Howe is a huge loss. His aerial ability is second to none.

He is far more valuable to our defence than he is to our forward line.

I also think Howe is a huge loss. His aerial ability is second to none.

He is far more valuable to our defence than he is to our forward line.
Yep, I was looking forward to Howe going back into defence last night. I think his experience combined with Murphy's retirement is sorely missed in our defence.

Hopefully he's back this week 🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 18 = Collingwood 71-91 Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back