Round 18 tips and crowds

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but the previews on the AFL site for next week's games have Sydney beating Gold Coast by only 35 points.

Someone's having a few laffs surely?

North supporters are getting pretty smug lately..

Not sure where I ever said that North will make finals? With Demons, GWS & Dogs to come, all on current form we should win, then Carlton need to win 4 of their last 6 and Richmond 5. Richmond can not afford to lose this game, because then they must beat Freo @ Subi and Essendon. Carlton if they lose then they can afford only one loss out of St Kilda, Essendon and Sydney. This is without taking into account how many wins St Kilda and Freo could end up on, it could possibly be 13 depending on their draw, I don't know, haven't looked at it.
Richmond & Carlton are not the teams for us to worry about, they are up against it. It's Saints and Freo, and I don't think I have even tried to say North are going to finish ahead of them.
So ah yeah if mentioning that Carlton and Richmond will be up against it, because North (8th) will beat GWS (18th) WB (15th) and Melbourne (16th), on current form, then yeah I'm smug...and I would think you could accuse most people of being smug then.

We are a game ahead of Richmond so if they win they have a slim hope but Carlton don't despite the fact they will be on the same points? How on earth does that logic work?

Sorry, thought you were level with Richmond. Obviously not, my mistake. Doesn't change much though, Carlton still need a win with North/Saints/Freo all starting clearly favourites in their matches. See my reply to The_Big_Ship. Cheers for at least being reasonable with your reply though.

you are 13 right ?

Yes, I am young because I thought Carlton were equal with wins with Richmond, when they are actually a win ahead. I have not yet hit puberty, which means I can't watch football or have an opinion. I must apologise.... :rolleyes:

FTR, I'm not 13, but I would be doing well for my age at uni if I were.

In summary, in the future I'll make sure to check the ladder before making statements where Carlton

Yes, I am young because I thought Carlton were equal with wins with Richmond, when they are actually a win ahead. I have not yet hit puberty, which means I can't watch football or have an opinion. I must apologise.... :rolleyes:

FTR, I'm not 13, but I would be doing well for my age at uni if I were.

In summary, in the future I'll make sure to check the ladder before making statements where Carlton
Oh dear ...Then basically you have no excuse for being so totally ignorant :cool:

Oh dear ...Then basically you have no excuse for being so totally ignorant :cool:

Wow, if being totally ignorant is not knowing the ladder off by heart, then I'm ignorant as all hell.

Seriously, if I didn't check I couldn't tell you how many wins the Eagles have, or the Power, or Essendon. I know whereabouts they are, but for exact wins and positions, well I'll have to check the ladder.

Like I said, I got it wrong, oops I won't do it again sorry sir, but my point still stands. Read the post you just quoted but in reply to The_Big_Ship, the Blues still need a win.

Wow, if being totally ignorant is not knowing the ladder off by heart, then I'm ignorant as all hell.

Seriously, if I didn't check I couldn't tell you how many wins the Eagles have, or the Power, or Essendon. I know whereabouts they are, but for exact wins and positions, well I'll have to check the ladder.

Like I said, I got it wrong, oops I won't do it again sorry sir, but my point still stands. Read the post you just quoted but in reply to The_Big_Ship, the Blues still need a win.
Mate, sometimes the best thing said is, nothing. :) Especially on a forum where you're going to be nitpicked about anything.

Essendon vs. Hawthorn - 20 points
Geelong vs. Adelaide - 60+ points
North Melbourne vs. Melbourne - 40 points
GWS vs. Collingwood - 70 points
Carlton vs. Richmond - 24 points
Gold Coast vs. Sydney - 70 points
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle - 30 points
St Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs - 12 points
West Coast vs. Brisbane - 20 points

You stated that Richmonds outs were bigger than Carltons ...dumb statement that deserves ridicule .

Essendon v Hawthorn by 26pts, 49k
Geelong v Adelaide by 15pts, 22k
North Melbourne v Melbourne by 20pts, 23k
GWS v Collingwood by 108pts, 11k
Carlton v Richmond by 8pts, 31k
Gold Coast v Sydney by 64pts, 14k
Port Adelaide v Fremantle by 29pts, 21k
St Kilda v Western Bulldogs by 38pts, 28k
West Coast v Brisbane by 78pts, 41k

31k for Carlton vs Richmond? No chance.

We just had 48k for the North game. What makes you think Carlton vs Richmond will be less than that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn - 7 pts (48k)
Geelong - 11 pts (whatever the capacity is)
North Melbourne - 33 pts (21k)
Collingwood - 86 pts (dunno where it is)
Richmond - 25 pts (58k)
Sydney - 29 pts (12k)
Port Adelaide - 3 pts (18k)
St Kilda - 49 pts (30k)
West Coast - 19 pts (34k)

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but the previews on the AFL site for next week's games have Sydney beating Gold Coast by only 35 points.

Someone's having a few laffs surely?

GC have been pretty good at home lately.

Essendon vs. Hawthorn - By 75pts (50k)
Geelong vs. Adelaide - By 13pts (20k)
North Melbourne vs. Melbourne - By 87pts (18k)
GWS vs. Collingwood - By 154pts (12k)
Carlton vs. Richmond - By 36pts (54k)
Gold Coast vs. Sydney - By 76pts (13k)
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle - By 55pts (14k)
St Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs - By 79pts (32k)
West Coast vs. Brisbane - By 27pts (31k)

Yeah you heard me right and no it ain't a mistake. We will destroy the Hawks. Reason? I have absolutely no logical explanation that makes sense, but we will. You think that we will lie down for one of our biggest rivals? NOOOO!
Anyways I have another explanation. We have played Geelong and Hawthorn consecutively every year since 2010. All the years, we got smashed in the first game and put up a fight against the second (won last year). We lost narrowly in 2010 (Hawthorn), won narrowly last year (Geelong) and we'll absolutely destroy them this year (Hawthorn). I have nothing else to say.

It won't happen but you're entitled to dream I guess.

Essendon vs Hawthorn - Two sides whose fortunes seem to heading in different direction, can't see anyone beating the Hawks in their current form - Hawks by 35pts

Geelong vs Adelaide - Crows will come to SS full of confidence but Cats rarely lose on their own turf, but will go down to the wire - Cats by 6pts

North Melb vs Melbourne - Could turn very ugly, very quickly for the Demons at ES - Roos by 72pts

GWS vs Collingwood - If Pies are serious, this could be a record breaking win - Pies by 111pts

Carlton vs Richmond - Even though the Blues got the win last week, Tigers will provide much tougher oppostion then the Dogs and if they can't beat in this one they never will - Tigers by 20pts

Gold Coast vs Sydney - Swans are top of the table for a reason and should have little trouble vs the Suns - Swans by 46pts

Port Adel vs Fremantle - Danger game for the Dockers, but must win if they want to play finals - Dockers by 15pts

St Kilda vs W.Bulldogs - Sadly for the Dogs can't see them getting close to the Saints who play fast highscoring footy under the roof these days - Saints by 60pts

West Coast vs Brisbane - Lions are slowly building up, but Eagles need to win games like this if they want the crucial double chance come finals time - Eagles by 29pts

Crowd Predictions
Essendon vs Hawthorn @ ES - 49,000
Geelong vs Adelaide @ SS - 20,000
Nth Melb vs Melbourne @ ES - 16,000
GWS vs Collingwood @ SK - 9,000
Carlton vs Richmond @ MCG - 58,000
Gold Coast vs Sydney @ MS - 12,000
Port Adel vs Fremantle @ AS - 14,000
St Kilda vs W.Bulldogs @ ES - 29,000
West Coast vs Brisbane @ PS - 35,000

Essendon vs. Hawthorn - By 1pts (legit) (51k)
Geelong vs. Adelaide - By 25pts (24k)
North Melbourne vs. Melbourne - By 34pts (24k)
GWS vs. Collingwood - By 115pts (6k)
Carlton vs. Richmond - By 1pts (70k)
Gold Coast vs. Sydney - By 48pts (14k)
Port Adelaide vs. Fremantle - By 1pts (20k)
St Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs - By 35pts (30k)
West Coast vs. Brisbane - By 53pts (36k)

It won't happen but you're entitled to dream I guess.
To be honest, I did have it the other way around :(
I am however getting more confident each day. It is reminding me of the Carlton game at the start of the year and Geelong last year. Everyone tipping Hawthorn to win by a huge margin (although it is warranted), but I just think that we can do better this week than a 70+ thumping. If not, then we are done for the year

You know we like to beat the in form team of the competition when we have absolutely no hope right? Well at least give them a scare. It is also against one of our biggest rivals as well. You never know, maybe Lloyd is stirring the boys up. Expect another all in brawl and a tough game, regardless of the margin in the end.

That said, I am still tipping Hawthorn by a huge margin :(

Bandwagoner.
Obvious you havn't been reading these boards as little as two weeks ago.

Though, I guess I couldnt expect too much different when you decided to grow the balls to join this forum when Hawthorn was the reigning premiers.

BF logic at it's finest, everyone knows you're only allowed to join BF when your team is shit.

Essendon-2.1.13-7.3.45-10.6.66-15.9.99
Hawthorn-2.5.17-4.8.32-9.9.63--13.12.90

Geelong-5.1.31-6.3.39-10.5.65-11.6.72
Adelaide-5.0.30-9.1.55-13.3.81-17.5.107

North Melbourne-10.2.62-17.5.107-24.5.149-31.9.195
Melbourne-------0.1.1---1.3.9----2.5.17----4.8.32

Greater Western Sydney-3.1.19-7.3.45-10.6.66-10.6.66
Collingwood-------------3.2.20-7.3.45-10.7.67-18.13.121

Carlton---5.3.33-5.4.34-10.6.66-15.9.99
Richmond-1.4.10-7.4.46-10.7.67-15.8.98

Gold Coast-3.0.18-5.1.31--7.2.44--10.4.64
Sydney----0.8.8--2.13.25-4.18.42-10.18.78