Game Day Round 18 - WB v WCE - 28/7 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

We were second to the ball all day and rarely played in front. Dogs almost always had a lead happening. Dogs also had a spread that relied on our weak tackles. There were a couple of ripper tackles one from Kennedy and one from Priddis, but not enough. The Dogs almost always got the ball away to a waiting player. To be fair some obvious holding the ball decisions were not played against Dogs players. Why is it so difficult to tackle? Do we need a tackling coach? The tackling stat should be changed to effective tackles. A weak tackle just takes one of our players out of the game.

We handballed a lot to a player under pressure. We have been doing the same thing all year. But today that was the game really.

The game after half time was damned difficult to watch. At least the Dogs supporters near me were reasonably polite.

We missed Masten... Shuey .....Kerr......Embley......Rosa....NN. Wellingham was good in patches. Cox tried hard. We also missed a lot of gettable shots as usual.

We seriously need to look at our conditioning. There are just too many injuries for this to be chance.

Worsfold has done all he can with this list, it's clear the players have tuned him out and it's time to bring someone else in to cut the dead loose and start over again, any additional years he gets from here will be a waste of players careers and benefits no one

What rot. The players have not "" tuned him out ". The problem is that we haven't been able to field our best 22 ALL year.

Dale4captain comes on to throw you lot a bone and you shove it back in his face, you miserable bastards.
I thought West Coast showed a lot of good today, you look to have a real player in Lycett and Wilson showed some signs too. A few others looked cooked like Priddis and Cox but history suggests they'll bounce back.
Blaming the umpires is a pretty piss-poor excuse though, and ironic considering the unfair advantage you get at Subiaco. The Bulldogs were absolutely reamed in the first half because the umpires were continually sucked in by the head ducking and diving that seems so inherent in West Coast's game. Scott Selwood is the main perpetrator - that free inside attacking 50 was a disgrace, he threw his head back while being tackled around the waist.
By the way, thanks for Koby Stevens.

Don't flatter yourself you dick , the East Cannington 15's would of beaten the eagles on the weekend.

BTW If your planning to remove your anchored arse off the bottom of the ladder and plan to build your team around that hack then.........good luck ... you'll need it.

Don't flatter yourself you dick , the East Cannington 15's would of beaten the eagles on the weekend.

BTW If your planning to remove your anchored arse off the bottom of the ladder and plan to build your team around that hack then.........good luck ... you'll need it.

Didn't flatter myself whatsoever. I'm not sure you're intelligent enough to grasp even that simple concept.
By the way, if you think your club is going anywhere with unskilled plodder midfielders, a disinterested coach and a league umpiring department fast wising up to the disgusting head ducking tactics, you're fooling yourself. Thank your lucky stars Josh Kennedy is at your club.
No, we're not planning to build our team around Koby Stevens. We're building our team around no one person, developing a culture where no man is bigger than the team and a playing list where players have the tools to play anywhere. Koby's hard-nut approach, skills, passion for the club and team-first attitude will only assist us in that. I'm sure you blew the draft selection we gave you in return.

Didn't flatter myself whatsoever. I'm not sure you're intelligent enough to grasp even that simple concept.
By the way, if you think your club is going anywhere with unskilled plodder midfielders, a disinterested coach and a league umpiring department fast wising up to the disgusting head ducking tactics, you're fooling yourself. Thank your lucky stars Josh Kennedy is at your club.
No, we're not planning to build our team around Koby Stevens. We're building our team around no one person, developing a culture where no man is bigger than the team and a playing list where players have the tools to play anywhere. Koby's hard-nut approach, skills, passion for the club and team-first attitude will only assist us in that. I'm sure you blew the draft selection we gave you in return.

Blah blah blah your club is irrelevant and relies on handouts to survive.

Go rattle your tin else ware.

Glad you are such a happy little fella - you can have Kobys mate Ash as well with our blessing

I hope you enjoy Kobe as much as you enjoyed Andrew MacDougall. The pick you gave us for him was used on Eric MacKenzie :thumbsu:

Stevens would be getting games ahead of Dalziell, Hutchings, Cripps, Sheppard and perhaps some others. A hack i'd rather have kept.

Blah blah blah your club is irrelevant and relies on handouts to survive.

Go rattle your tin else ware.

Must be so easy barracking for a state representative team that encompasses your entire state and yet still loses support to Fremantle, the traditional and non-plastic club. At least we can have some pride in our existence and the fight and loyalty in Dogs supporters instead of having to be handed premierships and games on a plate to keep the moronic supporters happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be so easy barracking for a state representative team that encompasses your entire state and yet still loses support to Fremantle, the traditional and non-plastic club. At least we can have some pride in our existence and the fight and loyalty in Dogs supporters instead of having to be handed premierships and games on a plate to keep the moronic supporters happy.

This isn't facebook, guys.

How funny, a Western bullies supporter having a crack >>>>>BTW how's life in those Western Suburbs ??
Your club is going nowhere and is just a ladder filler and will be placed into the history books as you will not survive the next decade, No tin rattling will save you & good riddens to mediocrity.

So hang onto that victory for as long as you can, because your days are numbered, we may be down and out ATM but the great thing about our club is, when adversity hits ,we have the people, the cash, the passion and the character to get back to the top, something I cant say about your club, my friend.

How funny, a Western bullies supporter having a crack >>>>>BTW how's life in those Western Suburbs ??
Your club is going nowhere and is just a ladder filler and will be placed into the history books as you will not survive the next decade, No tin rattling will save you & good riddens to mediocrity.

So hang onto that victory for as long as you can, because your days are numbered, we may be down and out ATM but the great thing about our club is, when adversity hits ,we have the people, the cash, the passion and the character to get back to the top, something I cant say about your club, my friend.

Luckily enough for us we have a lot of passionate hardcore supporters out our way who have saved our club time and time again, to the point where it is just about sustainable on it's own. Take away the woeful stadium deal we have that is subsidising the Bombers and we're as good as gold. Your comparison of the Sandgropers-cum-Eagles to a suburban heartland club is ridiculous anyway.
You're lucky I can interpret your incoherent response.
'Good riddens to mediocrity', did your club not spent 2008-2010 anchored (ha ha) to the bottom of the ladder and then rise up again, only to come crashing back to earth? AFL football is cyclical. That's the way it works.

The Bulldogs are a bloody good football club, what they did for one of my best mates a few years ago will never be forgotten. Much respect.
Would love to know what that is unless it's a personal thing you don't want to discuss.

Would love to know what that is unless it's a personal thing you don't want to discuss.

Won't go into the details, but they were very generous with time and resources when they were over here for a game during a very rough patch in his life. Have respected them ever since.

Stevens would be getting games ahead of Dalziell, Hutchings, Cripps, Sheppard and perhaps some others. A hack i'd rather have kept.

Yes he may of,
but ultimately seeing what our second tier mids can do when where all busted up has shown the powers that be that our second tier mids arnt up to it & its time to re-generate the midfield .
We already possess enough " Hard workers " in the midfield.

We need speedy line-breaking mids,I know there not easy to find but at least we are now planning, whereas If Koby was still on the list we would be placing band aids over our mids list, would of never got to a GF with him in there.

We need a very young Benny Cousins or Daniel Kerr "like" mid to fix our Midfield problems,
so if loosing the rest of our games helps us gain a better pick, then so be it.

I've got a soft spot for the doggies and would hate to see them fold

umpiring was shit but they still outplayed us

having a go at us for ducking when it's within the rules is silly - if they change the rules so its illegal and we are still getting frees from it - then Have a whinge - it will be justified then. It isn't now

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 18 - WB v WCE - 28/7 @ ES

Remove this Banner Ad

Back