Game Day Round 19, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you hear that Bonnie Tyler has just released a training video for Cardiology students?

It's totally clips of the heart.

Let's go Lions!!! 🦁 Bringing my son to his first ever game today, so hoping we get a win and get to sing Country Roads plenty.

P.S. really don't like that at this stage of the season, we start the round 4th, could finish as high as 2nd or as low as 8th!!!!

We had had a nice run of wins in a row now but i feel the commentators, other teams and coaches are not yet afraid, they argue we haven't knocked off a top 4 team yet and have really only beaten teams that we faltering. My feeling is if we beat the Swannies we not only get the win but we get a bit of credit as the team 'charging' into the finals. We still have some tough games after this one, the Suns on their dung heap, St Kilda on their and the Bombers and GWS at the Gabba - all teams that will/may still be a chance to play finals and being desperate to win.

I don't really care how we win and by how much - I'll take a 1 point win with no injuries and no reports as it looks most like we will be playing the swans in the grand final.

We had had a nice run of wins in a row now but i feel the commentators, other teams and coaches are not yet afraid, they argue we haven't knocked off a top 4 team yet and have really only beaten teams that we faltering. My feeling is if we beat the Swannies we not only get the win but we get a bit of credit as the team 'charging' into the finals. We still have some tough games after this one, the Suns on their dung heap, St Kilda on their and the Bombers and GWS at the Gabba - all teams that will/may still be a chance to play finals and being desperate to win.

I don't really care how we win and by how much - I'll take a 1 point win with no injuries and no reports as it looks most like we will be playing the swans in the grand final.
I personally don’t want the other teams or the league thinking we are contenders. I feel like being the under dogs and flying under the radar gives the team a slight edge and fire to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win or lose, there's a few things I'd like to see today. I wanna see effort. Wanna see them have a focused, real crack at the Swans. Get a bit nasty if they have to. Hope to see the coaching staff come up with plans to negate some of the Swans strengths. They've been pretty good at that recently. Some pressure on a few players to perform their role today. Joyce, Brain (more responsibility taking McKenna's role), Henry Smith, even Ashcroft scratching for form. Hope to see good games from them. If they can stand up it'll go a long way towards a good win.

I'm not confident but I have had the feeling an upset is on the cards.

😢 I'm sick (bloody kids at TAFE sharing their stuff and taking it home and sharing again).

So will be watching from the lounge chair. Want to hear you lot over the commentator's dribble please.

Watched the Geelong game last night - they too play songs after goals. New name = the copycats.

What I would really like to see today is a really strong defensive mindset and getting numbers back to support our defenders.
They are the number 1 scoring team this year the Swannies but I would love to see us keep them under 80 points for and as long as we can bounce off our defense and get the ball forward quickly we will score more than 80 on a perfect day for footy.

What I would really like to see today is a really strong defensive mindset and getting numbers back to support our defenders.
They are the number 1 scoring team this year the Swannies but I would love to see us keep them under 80 points for and as long as we can bounce off our defense and get the ball forward quickly we will score more than 80 on a perfect day for footy.
Screw that. Let them kick 20 and we’ll kick 25.

So will be watching from the lounge chair. Want to hear you lot over the commentator's dribble please.

I have found the perfect cure for the Commentator's dribble.

I now mute the sound on the TV.

Have done it for the last two away games.

Makes the viewing experience much more enjoyable

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have found the perfect cure for the Commentator's dribble.

I now mute the sound on the TV.

Have done it for the last two away games.

Makes the viewing experience much more enjoyable

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Me too. I also like to avoid the VFL-centric commentators opinions on umpire decisions.

If only 7/Fox/Kayo would have a 'crowd noise only' option. Maybe someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back