Preview Round 19 - Brisbane v Sydney @ The Gabba (Sunday 1:10pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling that were we in a slightly better position (ie even if we'd just beaten Carlton), this might be the sort of match where neither team would be prepared to put all their cards on the table, preferring to keep a couple up their sleeve in case they meet in a final. Like, maybe we wouldn't send anyone to Heeney, Warner or Gulden. Just go head to head with them. And then, in a final, bang, lock down on all of them.

Chris Scott for one might have been thinking that way regardless.

But Fagan and Longmire don't really seem the type to play these sorts of Sheedy-esque mind games.
The Swans can dead set do this as they have a decent buffer on top of the ladder, although IMO no way we can be doing anything other than putting "all our cards on the table".

We are in a dog fight for a spot in the 8 let alone a top 4 spot, the current 8th place team Port Adelaide are only 2 points behind us, lose this game and we could be a mere 2 points in front of teams currently outside the 8 ie. Dogs, Suns, Pies/Hawks.

Then the away Pineapple Grapple next round is an absolute must win, finals could be mathematically possible with consecutive losses but we would need results to go our way.

1721425328272.png

Individually though; as Nunez said, I am thrilled for Henry, four years on the list and finally gets his go and from what I’ve seen in the twos this year, has improved out of sight, unsurprisingly for rucks as they take time.

Must be a decent lad to, could’ve told Gunston to stick it when he gave up his #19 for him but of course hope he goes well and forges a long career ahead with the Lions.
Gunston demanding a specific number was a red flag

Is Smith a solid ground level player? Morris is a proper 3rd tall
He’s a competitor and good below his knees, has good, quick hands. Defensive run could be an issue, but it tends to be for all big forwards. He really deserves his chance and I hope he slays it.

He’s a competitor and good below his knees, has good, quick hands. Defensive run could be an issue, but it tends to be for all big forwards. He really deserves his chance and I hope he slays it.

Has been really impressive at VFL level. Has all the attributes you'd want from a young ruck/forward.

With flights and god knows, everything else that is down (..and they want to go cashless!) anyhow, was wondering about the interstate clubs needing to fly etc....would it affect Sydney getting to Brissy.

Most airports are still in complete disarray when I checked a couple of hours ago..A bus perhaps?

...or did they get up there before all the disruptions?

With flights and god knows, everything else that is down (..and they want to go cashless!) anyhow, was wondering about the interstate clubs needing to fly etc....would it affect Sydney getting to Brissy.

Most airports are still in complete disarray when I checked a couple of hours ago..A bus perhaps?

Let the Swans all drive up in Nissan Micras

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm Lions win by forfeit and so effectively get four points agains the bye ... actually is that how it works if a team gets stranded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back