Preview Round 11 - Hawthorn v Brisbane 1.10pm Sunday -Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of Henry Smith or Brandon Ryan in the 22, both are slow defensively, will be targeted on transition by the Hawks, I'd go Sharp and Smith or Ryan as the sub.

Would leave Joyce, Ryan and Tunstill as the game day emergencies.

The reserves play in Melbourne Saturday afternoon so there will be other players down there if there is a late pre bounce injury in the seniors to shuffle another guy in.

I feel like you have to reward players taking their chance and Sharp has definitely done that, even more than Reville who has also done really well. If we are serious about using our newfound depth to really push elite performance, you need competition for spots, so for me, Sharp is now one of the first picked as is Lohmann.

I feel like you have to reward players taking their chance and Sharp has definitely done that, even more than Reville who has also done really well. If we are serious about using our newfound depth to really push elite performance, you need competition for spots, so for me, Sharp is now one of the first picked as is Lohmann.
Sharps Run or Reville’s ball use.
Personally it’s Reville for me.

AFL website says limited availability on Level 3 this week for GA ( bit surprising) but game day info from the lions says aisle 31 on Level 1 is for GA Lions members. Go lions!
Where did you find that on the AFL website?

...is it too much to ask of the AFL to get the work experience kid to get out the crayons and colour a map to show where the GA seating will be week-to-week? Everyone else knows where they're sitting based on the seat number on their ticket.

I've seen our red time and last quarter performances. Sharp for me.
Reville named in the starting 18 so history suggests he will definitely play, so >

Qzv6s4.gif

Disappointed for Brain, reckon he showed enough for an extended run but I guess something has to give, maybe last in first out.

Hoping Smith is the sub, Brain showed the debutant isn't the sub rule is gone, so there's a chance.

Really hope Sharpie has cemented his spot, and Bruuuuuce and Bez have changed the midfield dynamic completely so hope that remains too.

...is it too much to ask of the AFL to get the work experience kid to get out the crayons and colour a map to show where the GA seating will be week-to-week? Everyone else knows where they're sitting based on the seat number on their ticket.
I know the MCG website announces the general admission bays a couple of days before games. I guess they are waiting to see what the crowd is going to be first. Maybe Docklands has the same setup.

Reville named in the starting 18 so history suggests he will definitely play, so >

Qzv6s4.gif
I know your question is rhetoric. But I guess the answer is we don't want to have 3 emergencies all being talls. Not saying I agree necessarily (I've got that many splinters in my back crack from sitting on the fence all week) but that will be the rationale from the club I guess.

I know your question is rhetoric. But I guess the answer is we don't want to have 3 emergencies all being talls. Not saying I agree necessarily (I've got that many splinters in my back crack from sitting on the fence all week) but that will be the rationale from the club I guess.
Jimmy Tunstill will be one of the emergencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen our red time and last quarter performances. Sharp for me.
Some of Reville’s ball use inside 50 has been awesome and something we have been lacking.
I understand we have also been lacking run but Sharps kicking is still very suspect.

I wish one of the journos would actually ask Fagan why a debutant won’t be sub has gone out the window when Fagan was the one that actually said it. What’s changed? Fish mentioned it in TRD and yet he doesn’t ask Fagan. Go figure. Fagan’s press conferences are a joke now that he’s created this environment whereby the journos are pretty much intimidated by him that they mostly just ask fluff piece type questions so as not to get Fagan prickly.

I wish one of the journos would actually ask Fagan why a debutant won’t be sub has gone out the window when Fagan was the one that actually said it. What’s changed? Fish mentioned it in TRD and yet he doesn’t ask Fagan. Go figure. Fagan’s press conferences are a joke now that he’s created this environment whereby the journos are pretty much intimidated by him that they mostly just ask fluff piece type questions so as not to get Fagan prickly.
I love a prickly Fagan.

AFL around the grounds -

Disappointed for Brain, reckon he showed enough for an extended run but I guess something has to give, maybe last in first out.

Hoping Smith is the sub, Brain showed the debutant isn't the sub rule is gone, so there's a chance.

Really hope Sharpie has cemented his spot, and Bruuuuuce and Bez have changed the midfield dynamic completely so hope that remains too.

Team wasn’t balanced with too many backs

Hawthorn have played smaller all year but for this game will see the best structure all year with.

Ethan Phillips 197cm
Sam Frost 195cm
Jack Scrimshaw 194cm
Josh Weddle 193cm
James Sicily 190cm

Barring Phillips, all of these players also play on smalls, Sicily will be unleashed in this structure with Weddle also likely to have more license. Frost and Phillips at CHB and FB. Scrimshaw taking another tall or can play smaller, has played CHB all year and shone.

Brisbane could look to bring Fort or Ryan to maintain structure with Daniher and Logan Morris.

Daniher 🔛 Frost
Fort/Ryan 🔛 Phillips
Morris 🔛 Scrimshaw

Brisbane could also look to go in smaller, with Rayner perhaps playing third tall with Daniher and Morris.
Fort is way too slow. You guys rely on rebounding quickly so I’d rather have a small. Cam is strong for his height and both he and Lohmann play pretty tall anyway. We need to keep trying to hit up leading players so I don’t reckon a second rate spare ruckman should be starting 22 this week.

Fort is way too slow. You guys rely on rebounding quickly so I’d rather have a small. Cam is strong for his height and both he and Lohmann play pretty tall anyway. We need to keep trying to hit up leading players so I don’t reckon a second rate spare ruckman should be starting 22 this week.
I agree but I believe with two talls possibly in the emergency list for Brisbane you’re likely to play 1 of them.

Do you not like Fagan as our coach? Real question as you are constantly posting negatively about him. If so who do you suggest from the available list of coaches to replace him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back