Game Day Round 19 vs. Fremantle @ Optus Stadium - 3:20pm AEST

How will the ruck battle play out?

• Petty to dominate with a BIG 20+ hit outs

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • JVR to ruin his career by rucking all game and doing nothing else

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Fremantle to have a good ol' laff and then destroy us

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Petty, JVR and Turner to combine for the most unexpected ruck masterclass of all time

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • It doesn't matter. Ruckmen are either amazing (Gawn) or just some random plodder like Petty.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still pumped about the Storm's win last night Daemon , should have won by more, kicker missed some he should have made and the refs ****ed us a couple of times. Complete domination.
Panthers still looming large. Gotta get over that hurdle in finals. If we're fully fit we should be a huge chance.

While I've really enjoyed the last month, these stats have been against Bombers, Kangas and Eagles. Only decent team we've played is Lions. And granted, we did play well that night. But the rest of the season is against all teams pushing for finals. So let's see if it's the opposition we've played, or if it's the way we're playing.

Yep, 100%. More just thought the game style stats, like the long down the line ones, were interesting. That's not to do with opposition, just game plan.

Not sure how you can establish anything about ball movement from last week. It was a monsoon and we just kicked it as long as possible. If we kick like that against Freo they'll absolutely destroy us again
Iā€™ve watched us live the last couple of weeks and we seem to have more options forward of the ball. We seem to be picking the better option going forward as well and our forward pressure has improved.

I'm also wearing my Max Gawn socks. Not sure if they're lucky yet but I guess we can find out
Iā€™ve got to buy some of them. My Clarry socks and Viney socks had a great run in 2021 but they eventually lost their magic properties and now Iā€™ve had to buy new socks every other week. But Iā€™m on a 2 match streak wearing socks with Penny Wong on them so Iā€™m rolling with that.

Shame itā€™s an away match. I canā€™t employ my other successful strategy which is locking myself in a toilet cubicle in the MCG basement with hands clamped over my ears. That one gets results.

Billings sub again which really begs the question: why bother?

Like I'm not upset that he's playing less game time as he's pretty rubbish, but he's hardly versatile or a burst impact player.

Billings sub again which really begs the question: why bother?

Like I'm not upset that he's playing less game time as he's pretty rubbish, but he's hardly versatile or a burst impact player.
Another question that wonā€™t be asked of the coach .

Another question that wonā€™t be asked of the coach .
Think the main thing is that there's just no strategy with Goodwin's use of the sub. He just picks whoever he views as the 23rd player every week, regardless of what type of player they are (see Schache last year, etc).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back