Game Day Round 19 vs. Fremantle @ Optus Stadium - 3:20pm AEST

How will the ruck battle play out?

• Petty to dominate with a BIG 20+ hit outs

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • JVR to ruin his career by rucking all game and doing nothing else

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Fremantle to have a good ol' laff and then destroy us

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Petty, JVR and Turner to combine for the most unexpected ruck masterclass of all time

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • It doesn't matter. Ruckmen are either amazing (Gawn) or just some random plodder like Petty.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
1721477316005.png
1721477378766.png
Oh hey guys, it's almost gameday. Get excited!

Your friendly neighborhood mod definitely isn't drunk and is totally just getting in early because it feels right. Woo!

Wow! Fremantle? That's crazy! Feels like we just played them. Oh wait...we did! And we got absolutely ****ing destroyed! But guess what, this time we're doing it on their home turf and unleashing the most woeful excuse for a ruckman that the AFL has ever seen.

That's right - "Petty the Incredible" continues to be selected! Can he ruck? No! Can he be a forward? No! Can he be a defender? Maybe! But we don't play him there.

Finals are on the line and the last time we faced off against Freo we were utterly annihilated. Is this a cause for concern? Probably! If we win this one then finals are probably locked in, but geez a trashing is also possible. Welcome back to Sunday afternoon footy, where boring teams go to die. It feels good to be back where we belong.

Budget brand West Coast by 24 points.​

I can’t remember the last time we were paying over $3 in a game which is where we’re rated these days. Need to be switched on but could win it if our form line stays true

I can’t remember the last time we were paying over $3 in a game which is where we’re rated these days. Need to be switched on but could win it if our form line stays true
What form line? Beat shit teams and lose to good ones?

Used to get really confident about this team when we played interstate games over the past couple of years but we dont even have that going for us anymore, think we've won both the games in Adelaide and lost the rest? 2 and 4 this year?

What form line? Beat shit teams and lose to good ones?
Played well against the bears (away) and would have beaten them if we took our chances. I think our ball movement forward is the best it’s been all year as well and we actually look like scoring now

Played well against the bears (away) and would have beaten them if we took our chances. I think our ball movement forward is the best it’s been all year as well and we actually look like scoring now
That's also been against the 15th and 16th rated defences in the comp, to be fair. If we score 90+ against a team like Freo, I'll maybe start to believe we've found some scoring power

Maybe, but Brisbane are always pretty leaky, Eagles and Bombers definitely are. Not convinced. Good test this week against a team who actually knows how to defend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are also a team we traditionally play well against (MCG game this year excluded).
Bears have had the wood over us since the final we lost 2 seasons ago. I think we’re 1 and 4 and the win was amazing but a fluke

That's also been against the 15th and 16th rated defences in the comp, to be fair. If we score 90+ against a team like Freo, I'll maybe start to believe we've found some scoring power
My expectations may not be as high but 90+ points over there would be awesome and very high likelihood we win the game as well. I like where you’re going with this

Freo should win this comfortably if they are a genuine team. Absolutely smashed us last time on neutral ground. Their midfield is scary good

We do a look little different the last few weeks, don’t think we get pumped, but think Freo just too good.

Who knows though, playing with some freedom lately, go dees.

Not sure how you can establish anything about ball movement from last week. It was a monsoon and we just kicked it as long as possible. If we kick like that against Freo they'll absolutely destroy us again
Pray for a monsoon.

While I've really enjoyed the last month, these stats have been against Bombers, Kangas and Eagles. Only decent team we've played is Lions. And granted, we did play well that night. But the rest of the season is against all teams pushing for finals. So let's see if it's the opposition we've played, or if it's the way we're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back