Game Day Round 2, 2023: West Coast Eagles vs GWS Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast host the GWS Giants on Sunday, needing a win in the worst way.

A poor showing in Round 1 featured a few small positives sprinkled through, leaving the Eagles with an opportunity to make a statement this weekend. Unfortunately, there's a fair chance that statement could be 'we are going winless'.

In the midst of a horrendous losing streak, emotions are running wild around these parts lately. It's fair enough, we're all invested in this team and we all only want the best for them.

However, be it due to red mist or rose tinted glasses, our collective eye test has been rendered both crimson and ineffective. But enough about my sex life.

Want to know what's going to happen this weekend? There's an old saying for that. Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't.

Eagles-V-GWS-Giants-1024x576.jpg

KEY STATS

Ruck Battle:
The West Coast Eagles currently average the second most hitouts per game in the AFL, and therefore have the second best ruck division in the league. The GWS Giants rank 14th in hitouts per game.

Bailey Williams and Callum Jamieson Dom Sheed Jake Waterman are poised to turn the screw once again, with a dominant ruck showing worth at least a 10 point head start to Sunday's hosts.
Current prediction: Eagles by 10 points

Tackling and Pressure:

West Coast have the second most tackles in footy. If you get near the ball, the Eagles are going to get you. Add 10 points.
Current prediction: Eagles by 20 points

Winning the Footy:

The Eagles possess the footy at an alarmingly low rate, which means that you can barely tackle them. 10 points.
Current prediction: Eagles by 30 points

Feel Good Factor:

Two first round debutants are set to feature in Sunday's match. For West Coast, substitute Elijah Hewett will take the field (eventually), while for GWS it'll be Harry Rowston from the opening bounce.

The Eagles' tantric approach, delaying instant gratification in favour of something more prolonged and therefore rewarding, is yet another tick in the Blue and Gold box. 10 points.
Current prediction: Eagles by 40 points

Mental Edge:

Be it Nic Naitanui's goal after the siren in 2016, or tricking the Giants into signing Jarrod Brander, West Coast simply live rent free in the collective heads of GWS. That's worth at least 10 points.
Current prediction: Eagles by 50 points

Team Song:

...shit.

Final Prediction: Giants by 100 points.

Gonna be a fascinating watch. Potential wet weather combined with less than pristine ground conditions thanks to Ed Sheeran and Freo/Norf hacking it up the night before.

Let's see how badly our softies want to win a contested ball.

I’m pretty sure I set a record for swear jar donations last weekend, I get the feeling this week could be a new record.
My faith in the club is at an all time low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh-Oh, Doesn't bode well?
Not even a glimmer of light or a seed of hope?
I'll live dangerously and hurl caution to the wind = WC by 2 points!
(looking forward to seeing Elijah and more of Ginbey)

I think got a spare ticket to this game if some kent wants to shout me beer and listen to some special comments from myself :beercheers:

"Welcome to Optus Stadium to our clash between. WEST COAST. and. THE GIANTS. I'm joined here by Dermott Brereton. Who's your tip for today Dermott?
I'm going to say. WEST COAST.
I disagree, I'll go with. THE EAGLES."

I think got a spare ticket to this game if some kent wants to shout me beer and listen to some special comments from myself :beercheers:

"Welcome to Optus Stadium to our clash between. WEST COAST. and. THE GIANTS. I'm joined here by Dermott Brereton. Who's your tip for today Dermott?
I'm going to say. WEST COAST.
I disagree, I'll go with. THE EAGLES."
1. Is it on the Landing; and
2. Do you own an Engineering Co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back