Alpha1

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Big crowd today, was sitting on the wing 6 rows from the fence. We started of like a steam train out of control, slammed on eight goals in the second quarter and then stopped in the third. But the Lions always seem to do this to us, they hit us hard in the third quarter and with Jammo injured Bower was out muscled by Bradshaw. But to our great credit we stood up and hit them back, led by Robinson, Murphy, Gibbs, Waite. It was good to see our young boys stand up under pressure and not go to pieces like we used to. We should be proud of this win because it came against a tough team, who know how to pressure a opponent at all times. Once again our tacking and pressure all over the park came through for us. One thing I noticed today was Garlett tries to do the team thing too often, he should just have a pop at goal insted of trying to do the unselfish team thing all the time. But Iam happy with the 19 point win, top work undefeated and on top. Big game again for us next week against the Don's. :thumbsu:

Mitch Robinson has that special ability to lift - not just himself - but the whole side. He ignited that spark that was needed to make sure we got over the line this evening. Possible club leader of the future.

On a side note: The Lions did well to draft that Rich fella. Looks a gun. Pity we over looked him.

• Banned
Mitch Robinson is a dark horse for the Rookie of the year. This kid plays with the maturity of a 30 year old. His composure under pressure is top draw, a Brisbane supporter tonight couldn't believe how hard at it he is. I think we should have a new nickname for him something like kamikaze.

Mitch Robinson is a dark horse for the Rookie of the year. This kid plays with the maturity of a 30 year old. His composure under pressure is top draw, a Brisbane supporter tonight couldn't believe how hard at it he is. I think we should have a new nickname for him something like kamikaze.

Add in the fact that he isnt afraid to back himself and take on his opponents makes the young fella a big winner for the club...

• Banned
I don't know why Garlett is doing that, but he is there to kick goals and he should have had 3 goals tonight. But yeah he is a good player finds the ball and is always on the move. But I think I would be more happier if he starts getting a little more selfish and has shots on goal, that's what he is there for.

I don't know why Garlett is doing that, but he is there to kick goals and he should have had 3 goals tonight.
instructions? to make sure he learns to be a team player even if it costs him a few goals at the beginning of his career?

instructions? to make sure he learns to be a team player even if it costs him a few goals at the beginning of his career?

Yeah good point, I guess Ratts is a teacher. But yeah another impressive performance from Garlett.

I think he should be 'nuts', cos lets face it:
-he is totally nuts
-he has one of the biggest pairs for his age on the field, and
-being a bloodnut...

Robbo aside, it was a tough gritty win for the boys, a few concerns but against a fairly hard-playing opponent we stood up well and will no doubt continue towards getting more consistent in these types of matches.

Jammo's shoulder is a real worry, as was Smurph's departure from the field after that clash. Garlett may need to go back to the Magoos for a few weeks to brush up on his disposal (tackling often didn't stick either but good pressure).

Gibbs, Murph, Kreuz (and Sauce on occasion) all spectacular for mine, Betts and Fev great up forward and Cloke was solid as well. This match did highlight where we have work to do, though, and I am looking forward to us continuing to improve - bring on the Scum next week!

He'll definitely win the award for largest number of nicknames.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good does this look?

Team

P

W

L

D

F

A

%

Pts

Looks good...:thumbsu:

:rolleyes:

I think the Eagles might just get up over Port, and the Dogs V North game is going to be close.

A smashing is always good, but winning against a good, disciplined side like the Lions is always better.

Aaron Joseph Decent game.Helped clean up a few messes in the back half. Wish he would take the first option though. Got caught a few times 5/10
Michael Jamison Shoulder...gone. Once he left, Bradshaw turned the tap on. No Rating due to injury
Chris Johnson Serviceable game. Looked stronger in the air tonight in one on ones. Used the ball ok, but never threatened Brisbane by running of bhalf back and delivering into 50. 5/10
Paul Bower Had his pants pulled down by Bradshaw. He won't be the only one to have that happen to him thsi year. 3/10
Bret Thornton Great game on J Brown. When the game was up for grabs in the 2nd half, he won more 1 on 1 contests over him than I've seen anyone do for quite soome time. 7/10
Bryce Gibbs His best game for the Blues. Just remins me of a combo of Paul Roos (Time), Nathan Buckley (Skills) andJames Hird (Decision Making). 10/10. Get on him for the Charlie. Will finish top 3 for sure.
Kade Simpson Did some hard things at crucial times. In and out but OK form a wing 6.5/10
Marc Murphy Not a bad game. Kicked 3 goals which boosts his rating up somewhat. Best I've seen him use the ball. 7/10
Heath Scotland Quiet by his standards....which is a good sign. The Back Flank position has some depth now. 3/10
Ryan Houlihan Tough at it all night and roamed free in the forward line. Loved his work 7/10
Jarrad Waite Mr Fixit. Took 'em on all night and was never beaten 7/10
Mitch Robinson Lance Whitnall version 2. New and improved. Hard at it, Smart use, great vision. 7/10
Cameron Cloke At last, a CHF who can mark and break up packs. If only his only instinct wasn't to kick it as far as humanly possible. 6/10
Brendan Fevola His first goal after the chase down and bomb from outside 50 is the leader for goal of the year so far. Stepped up in the crucial last qtr and bagged 3 sausages to finish with 5. 7.5/10
Eddie Betts It's a different Eddie this year. His stints in the centre are helping him add more to the team. A good solid effort with 3 goals. 6.5/10
Matthew Kreuzer Another ripper game from the kid. Won some crucial hit outs and ground ball work is unmatched for a big guy. Will only improve with age 6/10
Richard Hadley Had plenty of it in and under. Works well with Judd at the clearances. Some vital disposal errors, but pretty good in summary 6.5/10
Chris Judd Turned it on in Q2 when we bagged 8. 10 tackles for the match. Quiet in the 2nd half 6.5/10
Jeff GarlettGets around ok, but jsut not strong enough yet in the contests due to body size. Also some questionable decisions made in the F50. 5/10
Sam Jacobs The new Big Red of the CFC. Hits the contest hard ala Darren Jolly, and can take a mark. 7.5/10
Jordan Russell The turnover king was the same again. Im biased against this guy, and now that Walker is hurt, he may be in for a while to come. 4/10
Simon Wiggins Quiet game versus last week. Did some good link work. 5.5/10

Aaron Joseph Decent game.Helped clean up a few messes in the back half. Wish he would take the first option though. Got caught a few times 5/10
Michael Jamison Shoulder...gone. Once he left, Bradshaw turned the tap on. No Rating due to injury
Chris Johnson Serviceable game. Looked stronger in the air tonight in one on ones. Used the ball ok, but never threatened Brisbane by running of bhalf back and delivering into 50. 5/10
Paul Bower Had his pants pulled down by Bradshaw. He won't be the only one to have that happen to him thsi year. 3/10
Bret Thornton Great game on J Brown. When the game was up for grabs in the 2nd half, he won more 1 on 1 contests over him than I've seen anyone do for quite soome time. 7/10
Bryce Gibbs His best game for the Blues. Just remins me of a combo of Paul Roos (Time), Nathan Buckley (Skills) andJames Hird (Decision Making). 10/10. Get on him for the Charlie. Will finish top 3 for sure.
Kade Simpson Did some hard things at crucial times. In and out but OK form a wing 6.5/10
Marc Murphy Not a bad game. Kicked 3 goals which boosts his rating up somewhat. Best I've seen him use the ball. 7/10
Heath Scotland Quiet by his standards....which is a good sign. The Back Flank position has some depth now. 3/10
Ryan Houlihan Tough at it all night and roamed free in the forward line. Loved his work 7/10
Jarrad Waite Mr Fixit. Took 'em on all night and was never beaten 7/10
Mitch Robinson Lance Whitnall version 2. New and improved. Hard at it, Smart use, great vision. 7/10
Cameron Cloke At last, a CHF who can mark and break up packs. If only his only instinct wasn't to kick it as far as humanly possible. 6/10
Brendan Fevola His first goal after the chase down and bomb from outside 50 is the leader for goal of the year so far. Stepped up in the crucial last qtr and bagged 3 sausages to finish with 5. 7.5/10
Eddie Betts It's a different Eddie this year. His stints in the centre are helping him add more to the team. A good solid effort with 3 goals. 6.5/10
Matthew Kreuzer Another ripper game from the kid. Won some crucial hit outs and ground ball work is unmatched for a big guy. Will only improve with age 6/10
Richard Hadley Had plenty of it in and under. Works well with Judd at the clearances. Some vital disposal errors, but pretty good in summary 6.5/10
Chris Judd Turned it on in Q2 when we bagged 8. 10 tackles for the match. Quiet in the 2nd half 6.5/10
Jeff GarlettGets around ok, but jsut not strong enough yet in the contests due to body size. Also some questionable decisions made in the F50. 5/10
Sam Jacobs The new Big Red of the CFC. Hits the contest hard ala Darren Jolly, and can take a mark. 7.5/10
Jordan Russell The turnover king was the same again. Im biased against this guy, and now that Walker is hurt, he may be in for a while to come. 4/10
Simon Wiggins Quiet game versus last week. Did some good link work. 5.5/10

I agree once again turned it over at critical stages, I fail to see what the MC see in him. JR out next week and Grigg in, I am sure the JR lovers who never seem to see his turnovers will come in here shortly and tell us we shouldn't be bagging him, because having a opinion on players if it's crictical is bagging.

Listened to the game on the internet in Switzerland. Great win. Can't believe the blues are starting to fire and I am not in the country to watch them play:(.
Our mid-field of Judd, Gibbs, Murthy and Hadley seem to have taken it to the next level with 110 possessions and 7 goals between them this week and 104 possessions and 5 goals last week against the toothless tigers.:thumbsu:
In addition, we can add the likes of Hoops, Waite, Betts, Scotland who also rack up the possessions and goals. We have to consider the inclusion of Griggs and Stevens to this side (Walker would have been included but unfortunately injured his right shoulder again in the practice match today. Good luck to him with his recovery.) and we really have an amazingly talented group of midfileders.
My main concern is the lack of depth in our backline which again was stretched after the injury suffered by Jamison:thumbsdown:. Lets hope it's not too serious. We seem to struggle against the big bodied power forwards such as Bradshaw 6 goals and I believe before we can consider our selves a true flag contender, we will have to find a solution to this problem.

All in all a great result and looking forward to kicking the bombers arse next week! GO BLUES!

I'm STOKED. We played 1 good quarter and still managed to win.

Kudos to Murph, his mental strength and composure has improved out of site.

Was awesome to see some first year players out on the ground making the game their own. I'm not just talking about Mitch Robinson, but Daniel Rich looked terrific out there tonight.

Bryce Gibbs, the man, with the master plan, football is his middle name. 3 votes, BOG, humdinger, what ever you wanna call it.

The Smurf is tough as nails, loved the fact he got knocked out and came back on when we needed our leaders out there. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2:- Game review Blues v Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back