Round 2:- Game review Blues v Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

yer totally agree EBIAC

also in review...i rekon cloke had a good game, contrary to another poster i saw i think his marking skills have substantially grown. Sauce did well, Bower couldn't have done much with such a strength mismatch. johnson's kicking just pin-point, loved it

Just watched the game (I love my IQ) some random thoughts

Gibbs-Don't really need to say much. Amazing game
Murph-His hard running was phenomenal. Looks to have really developed there
Thornton-thought he played a fantastic game
Judd-Judd (enough said)
Garlett-Hmmmm, to be honest I'd much rather see Andrew Walker running around in his spot at the moment. I like the kid, but often his disposal lets him down. That'll come in time
Johnson-imo definitely in our best 22. He's a lot tougher than I realised and has beautiful skills on both sides. A Great addition

Murphy is really proving that he is hard as nails. I mean even in his first year he showed how courageous he was, gun, star, elite.

What surprised me most last night, besides his already freakish ground level skills and 2nd and 3rd efforts, was Kreuzer's tap work.

TBH I wasn't sure if he'd ever be that great with the actual tap work in the ruck, but these last couple of rounds he's shown incredible improvement. Now I'm convinced he will :thumbsu:

Even if he didn't, I'd still be happy with him as a possible forward and let's face it, he's pretty much also a 200cm midfielder.

Kruz just keeps improving every game. I think his upside is huge and he still hasn't reached that level. And that piece of play on the wing where he took on his man in Hooper and beat him, geez that was good how much pace does this kid have for a big man?.

Bower needs to learn to play in front. Was giving Bradshaw that advantage by playing him from behind. Bower often plays his opponent from behind which is something he does wrong.

Garlett I recon, like most 1st year players lacks endurance, was plodding after players in the second half and he looked lazy which I don't think he is. He was just spent. Something for him to work on over next pre season and during the year.

Just re-watching the game, Murphy did quite a few Abblett like things, side steps and stuff like that, would be great to see him step up to that level.

Cloke goes 1 handed at a lot of contests which I hate but it ask questions about his shoulders...

The coach should outlaw two handed fists and spoiling when in front. Not on, even Juddy did it, was good of Brown to give him a spray for Ratts, the first thing I have ever see Juddy do that I would say is not a good thing from a captian, doubt we'll see it from him again.

Stevens & Grigg will be in this week I recon.

Robbo looked to struggled physically, looked out of legs which is expected early in the season from a first year player. Probably play well every second week. Kids take longer to recover. Same with Garlett.

They just showed him hopping on one foot while coming out of the water where he almost fell face first. He then got on crutches. They said, "although he was on crutches at todays recovery session, it didn't effect him last night booting 5 goals". Thornton spoke and said beating a top 8 side was good. It was a very short segment.

Yeah it didn't seem like a big thing, maybe just sore and the club don't want him walking on it etc, save it for the big game on Saturday against the scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am nervous about the Essendon game. Unpredictable things happen when we play our foes.

I was probably more nervous about last nights game as opposed to our game against Essendon next week. Can't wait for it! I haven't been to a Carlton V Essendon game since we came back from 50+ points with Fevola kicking 8 goals.

Yeah that was a good day to be a Carlton fan. But yeah another big game for us, need to win make it 3 - 0 and what a pretty sight that will be.

Question - What did people think of Pauly Bower's game ? Personally I think he gets unnoticed a lot, but he did some really nice things manning up in the backline on sat night, esp after Jammo went down ...

In many ways I think Bow Wow is just one of those players that racks up the ball but you never notice his impact so much, he had 18 disposals at 88 DE ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2:- Game review Blues v Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back