Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Question to those planning on dumping Dangerfield, why did you pick him?
3 months of considering him and dumping him after 4 qtrs.
Just ignore the fact that he averaged well over 120 for the last 7 rounds or so last year.
I love reading these threads.

Most are just knee jerk reactions, Les. Which are quite understandable especially when you've paid 500k for someone who gives you a score of 51 or 37. I don't think too many will actually go trading out their premo's on the back of a shit Rd1 score. If that were the case, I'd have an awfully hard time trying to decide which 2 premo priced players to trade out of a list of 5-6 Rd1 under-performing premo's & mid pricers.

When the dust settles, I can see most of us only trading injured/suspended/dropped/rested players and jumping on a rookie or 2 who guns it that we my have missed...and maybe a sideways trade here and there if the rest of ones list is all named for Rd2. Afterall we still only get 2 trades a week and there will no doubt be more pressing issues to deal with other than sideways trading premo's, no matter how poorly they played this week.

At this stage thinking

Greene > Wines
Dwyer > Kreuzer (swing Cox forward)

Didn't expect Greene to be tagged at all this year as they look to have so many more dangerous players, but his ability to deal with it was a worry and Wines looks too good to miss. Kruze I had most PS and am kicking myself for not sticking.

As a sidenote, personally think this 2 trades a week is great, just look at all the discussion and different ideas in here.

Picked Lucas and Koby Stevens with the intention of trading one of them to Leuenberger as soon as he is selected so if that is next round I'll probably make that trade by swinging Blicavs into my midfield.

At the moment I'm thinking:

Stevens -> Viney (from bench)
Viney's bench pos -> Blicavs (from ruck DPP)
Blicavs' ruck pos -> Cox (from fwd DPP)

Then I have a bit of cash to work with. No changes I desperately want to make atm but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realize you just contradicted yourself yeah?

No I didn't. Got to trade someone to get Wines in. Kennedy was my last premo that I selected and he fluffed it of sorts after a great 1st half. I'm not going to trade Rockliff, Ablett, Swanny or Jobe Watson. Kennedy was the unlucky loser in that bunch.

No I didn't. Got to trade someone to get Wines in. Kennedy was my last premo that I selected and he fluffed it of sorts after a great 1st half. I'm not going to trade Rockliff, Ablett, Swanny or Jobe Watson. Kennedy was the unlucky loser in that bunch.

Surely you can downgrade someone else? JPK will smash next week and only get better.

Backing that most of my under performers will improve but have to trade Lecras out, last year might have considered benching but enough trades this year to bring him back in anytime. Could well end up downgrading another to get Swan. So much money but so many points.

Move him to fwds and trade out a forward?

I think I really have to get my structure back to what I planned......

Not sure how.... Might just to Ryder to Kennedy. .... Trade out Lycett to a rookie before round 3.

Then I think I'll free up some cash and trade Fyfe to Moloney. ...

Rampe was listed as injured.... He will sit on the bench until after round 2.

Happy with back line premo and rookies.

Mid rookies will need tweaking.

Although Fyfe to Moloney then Lycett to Kennedy makes more sense.

Ryder will come good.

Most are just knee jerk reactions, Les. Which are quite understandable especially when you've paid 500k for someone who gives you a score of 51 or 37. I don't think too many will actually go trading out their premo's on the back of a shit Rd1 score. If that were the case, I'd have an awfully hard time trying to decide which 2 premo priced players to trade out of a list of 5-6 Rd1 under-performing premo's & mid pricers.

When the dust settles, I can see most of us only trading injured/suspended/dropped/rested players and jumping on a rookie or 2 who guns it that we my have missed...and maybe a sideways trade here and there if the rest of ones list is all named for Rd2. Afterall we still only get 2 trades a week and there will no doubt be more pressing issues to deal with other than sideways trading premo's, no matter how poorly they played this week.

While I agree with you for the most part Gingy, there are a few potential complicating factors to the conventional wisdom.

1) We now have use it or lose it trades, so it no longer matters whether you want to stick fast or rashly react - both are acceptable options. They may not be successful, but they now do exist as potential options over the whole season.

2) Ideally you want to use the 2 available at the end of Round 2 to bring in cash cow rookies prior to Round 3, which means that if you want to change underperforming premiums, now is the time to do it.

3) Along the same lines, if you wait until after Round 3 - to see if Danger can learn to cope with a tag, he will have either risen, held or decreased in value. Based upon a very small sample, you'd suggest he could lose a lot of money. Who wants to do that ?

4) Combining points 2 and 3 together, you run the risk of cancelling out your gains if you hold Danger and he doesn't lift.

5) Using Danger as an example, opposition coaches will have spent a lot of time working out how best to combat him, it may now require Danger/Adelaide to work out how to get him free again. This may take some time.

In my circumstances, I have had the following players underperform: Goddard, Heppell, Danger, Lucas, Stevens, Whitfield (all 3 to a lesser extent), Z Smith and Bolton. Out of these the worst performing of the worst performing are: Danger, Smith and Bolton.

I can either swap Cox into the Rucks, which leaves me 300K to spend in the forwards - not sure on real value there at that price. Cloke, Schulz and Monfries all look good at sub 400K, but again on the one sample for the year. I could upgrade Smith, but even a simple upgrade to Jamar (76 pts compared to 47) would cost me 30K. To do that I either need to downgrade someone like Whitfield/Stevens/Lucas (ie. Whitfield will increase in value even if he gets 3 * 47 scores), or a premium. The premium is likely to drop in value, so not only do I retain the price rise for these rookies/rookie priced players, but I also prevent a drop in price from a premium.

Based upon the limited data, good midfield choices are: Swallow, Jack, ROK, Murphy, Barlow (only looking around Dangers price). Only ROK and Barlow would free up enough funds to upgrade Smith to Jamar. Up front, swapping Bolton to Cloke or Schulz would net me another 50K - 70K. Combined with Danger to Barlow (for example), this would allow me to upgrade Smith in Round 3 to either Kruezer or Goldstein (dependent on how they go in Round 2), as well as pick up a bubble rookie (if required).

To do such a large upgrade in a single week would require (for example) me to drop Goddard for Pearce (Freo) and then upgrade Smith to Kreuzer. If this happens after Week 2, I won't be able to change any rookies if I miss them. So there is risk involved.

Now I'm not saying I'm going to do any of this, just explaining a contrary view... I'm a bit like that..... :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back