Shield Round 2: Victoria vs New South Wales, MCG, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith, 3 and 0. Just as well he was "managed" in the previous game, eh? :rolleyes:

Looks dead cooked and on another thing why in the blue you know what is Head 'managed'...he's barely got a run last match anyway either

I guess one would rather Smith fail now then in the test matches......but if life v Boland and O'Neill is tough, can't imagine what facing Bumrah et al will be like

I guess one would rather Smith fail now then in the test matches......but if life v Boland and O'Neill is tough, can't imagine what facing Bumrah et al will be like
Would say the same if he had been in good form the past couple years, but he hasn't. Would want him to pile a few on here.

Tbh I thought he was cooked last summer and should've called it quits then but that's just me. I get the feeling he's one that will need to be told it's time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Smith piling on the runs before the summer.

Is there another Shield game he's able to play in prior to the tests? Was disappointed to see he was rested in the first one.

Yeah another one before first test.

25 wickets in the last 5 sessions at an average of 5 wickets per session. Doesn't bode well for it to be on tomorrow.

Cheers.

Would like to see him at 4 and would be great to see him score some runs. At least a century. A 60 or 70 at shield level doesn't tell you much about his form.

Not sure who we put at 3 then Henriques is just as cooked

Good to see him survive till tea with wickets falling around him.

Just play him yes he may fail we all know Harris, Bancroft and Renshaw are all average to mediocre and average is being kind. Other option is chuck Marsh up there if he isn’t bowling

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 2: Victoria vs New South Wales, MCG, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back