Shield Round 2: Victoria vs New South Wales, MCG, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

if its not hitting yes id rather it not given... go watch Gilespie v Tendulkar years ago.

Incorrect decisions can still be made. Plenty of LBWs with a shot played are called incorrectly as well, it's not as though calls on batters leaving the ball are any worse.

Difference is there's a fairly simple way to not be out when hit outside the line... use the big wooden thing.

The only other choice is bring in another opener if NSW have another and move Maddinson to 3 but really not sure about Maddinson at the moment either.

Such a shame all our in form bats are keepers jeez

NSW is a very old side and once the tests start, they will look a very average side, is Perry injured or was he dropped?

Pretty sure he’s injured

It doesn’t help that half our lineup is either cooked or as flaky as anything. Abbott isn’t a number 7 despite Mark Waugh claiming he’s some AR every summer

Third would have swallowed that.

Also the LBW rule is bullshit. This whole "get outside the line and playing a shot" Isa batsman's excuse not to get hit on the pad. If it hits you on the pad and it's hitting the stumps it should be out.

NSW is a very old side and once the tests start, they will look a very average side, is Perry injured or was he dropped?
Managed. They're trying to rotate through the 6 or 7 quicks so end of season they're not carrying as many niggles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fuzzy Ahmed brought up a good question in the commentary, and maybe it's something for another thread, but what has happened to us producing fast bowlers? Who was the last guy to consistently bowl 145km/h for us?

Starc is the fastest now and he's around the mid-low 140s, cranks to it mid-high 140s when he's pumped up, but rarely over 150.

England have a couple at the moment who can hit 150, Saffas seem to produce another one every 2 or 3 weeks, but I can't remember our last genuinely fast bowler. Every young bowler now seems like a medium-quick bowling low-mid 130s - if that. Spencer Johnson/Meredith maybe? But they're both late 20s now, not exactly tearaway young quicks.

Do we have anyone under 25 bowling genuine heat?

Fuzzy Ahmed brought up a good question in the commentary, and maybe it's something for another thread, but what has happened to us producing fast bowlers? Who was the last guy to consistently bowl 145km/h for us?

Starc is the fastest now and he's around the mid-low 140s, cranks to it mid-high 140s when he's pumped up, but rarely over 150.

England have a couple at the moment who can hit 150, Saffas seem to produce another one every 2 or 3 weeks, but I can't remember our last genuinely fast bowler. Every young bowler now seems like a medium-quick bowling low-mid 130s - if that. Spencer Johnson/Meredith maybe? But they're both late 20s now, not exactly tearaway young quicks.

Haven’t seen a lot of him but isn’t Buckingham fairly quick? We do have that guy from WA Lance Morris. Spencer Johnson as the leftie who knows there in terms of Shield

Tom Whitney looks pretty quick from the little I've seen.

Haven’t seen a lot of him but isn’t Buckingham fairly quick? We do have that guy from WA Lance Morris. Spencer Johnson as the leftie who knows there in terms of Shield
Morris' pace hasn't impressed me a lot to be honest, from watching BBL and his ODI for Aus his pace was low 140s or high 130s. I don't understand all the hype around his pace.

Johnson like I said is 28, not exactly an up and comer - also mostly mid 140s, a tick under 145. Similar pace to Starc imo, when fired up can hit 147/148 but normally in the 143/144 range.

From Whitneys highlights he looked more medium and swinging to me - but I could well be wrong I've only seen the wicket highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 2: Victoria vs New South Wales, MCG, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back