Shield Round 2: Western Australia vs Tasmania, WACA, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

WA Sheffield Shield Squad for Game Two: Sam Whiteman (C), Cameron Bancroft, Hilton Cartwright, Brody Couch, Cooper Connolly, Cameron Gannon, Jayden Goodwin, Aaron Hardie, Josh Inglis (WK), Matthew Kelly, Mitchell Marsh, Corey Rocchiccioli, Charlie Stobo
Tasmania squad: Jordan Silk (c), Jake Doran, Kieran Elliott, Brad Hope, Caleb Jewell, Matt Kuhnemann, Riley Meredith, Mitch Owen, Will Prestwidge, Charlie Wakim, Tim Ward, Jake Weatherald, Beau Webster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peirson is a bit unlucky that he isn't in the Harper/Philippe/Doran age bracket. Would probably be second as a keeper in that group and easily the best bat.

Isn’t that also the same bracket as Inglis? He’s closer to those three in age than Pierson and Carey
He's halfway between the two really. He's 30 IIRC, Peirson 32, Carey 33 and those three are 27.

Are they tho? Peirson seemed to improve heaps after Inglis/Carey started playing for Aus and both Inglis and Carey’s form seemed to be ip and down bar the last two games

My comment was more based on gut feel than stats so I could well be wrong. But to me Carey and Inglis give off the impression they're a level above a lot of the domestic cricketers. For others in that category I would have Marcus Harris and Beau Webster.

My comment was more based on gut feel than stats so I could well be wrong. But to me Carey and Inglis give off the impression they're a level above a lot of the domestic cricketers. For others in that category I would have Marcus Harris and Beau Webster.
Webster defs. Harris and bancroft of before the season. It feels like Inglis and Carey both play like two games a season. In inglis case it felt like he had a massive time between drink when he started playing white ball cricket for Aus.

It feels like a lot the guy’s entrenched in the Aussie side seem to really do well when they come back to the shield side. Before Bison got picked for the Ashes side he had a massive spell without shield cricket and peeled off a massive score on return. Nek minute back in the test side

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 2: Western Australia vs Tasmania, WACA, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back