Shield Round 2: Western Australia vs Tasmania, WACA, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Been happening all match tuggs....Cartwright...retired hurt...weatherald gave him a spray when he came back out to bat ...

and again in the 2nd dig....and words are now being exchanged at the end of the match

could see something coming out of this
Was it because he left for the birth of his child? If so, Weatherald can get in the bin. Perfectly acceptable reason to retire.

Been happening all match tuggs....Cartwright...retired hurt...weatherald gave him a spray when he came back out to bat ...

and again in the 2nd dig....and words are now being exchanged at the end of the match

could see something coming out of this

Surely not. I don't claim to know any domestic cricketers but Cartwright to me seems a genuinely good guy. And he's just had a child... good on him for retiring IMO.

Ok, I read the article about it and it seems like Tassie weren't happy he was allowed to resume, but then the article says it was up to the captains anyway? Can see both sides of the argument but seems a bit whiny to complain that a bloke you haven't dismissed is allowed to bat on.

Last edited:
Surely not. I don't claim to know any domestic cricketers but Cartwright to me seems a genuinely good guy. And he's just had a child... good on him for retiring IMO.

Ok, I read the article about it and it seems like Tassie weren't happy he was allowed to resume, but then the article says it was up to the captains anyway? Can see both sides of the argument but seems a bit whiny to complain that a bloke you haven't dismissed is allowed to bat on.
Especially after they said it was ok.

****ing sooks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 2: Western Australia vs Tasmania, WACA, Oct 20-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back