Game Day Round 20, 2022: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 4.35pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free kicks are contested possessions and also clearances.

They get to throw the ball away when tackled and we get nothing, so of course they want to tackle.

We are terrible and the umpires are 8 levels worse.
They have 8 extra free kicks. We are down 31 in contested ball. Umpires have been bad we have been a lot worse

Umpires have crucified us but we’ve also done ourselves no favours. Our forwards are stagnant, our ball use into the 50 is putrid and with Newcombe being tagged our midfield can’t seem to win a contest (despite acceptable individual numbers).

Saints are putrid themselves, we’re just THAT bad
Spot on.

stop using the umps as an excuse ffs!! Hawks are playing lazy. Forwards playing behind, saints harder round the ball, and check out that last torp off one step from Lewis
And yet s*ty umpiring is the reason more and more fans are turning away. I can accept a poor game from the Hawks, I cannot accept that awful display of poor one sided decisions.

If I see one more helicopter kick from Mitchell..

I don’t know what I will do :(

When a kick should be spear like to McDonald, his kick instead gives saints players opportunity to shut the next play down.

Time and time again - it’s so frustrating to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McEvoy getting absolutely destroyed by Marshall.
This is why going into 2023 with only Big Boy and Lynch as back up rucks to Reeves is such a risky strategy.

Neither of those two can cut it against a true AFL standard ruck like Marshall. They are fine as a chop out ruck around the ground but they get destroyed when played as a sole ruckman.

Unleash Finn into the guts and tell him to hunt the footy. Only player we really have that is capable of matching them physically in the middle. Nash and Newcombe prefer it more open. We need to embrace trench warfare and get somone on the inside that can dish it out instead of all our lighter bodies getting drawn in to the ball.

They have 8 extra free kicks. We are down 31 in contested ball. Umpires have been bad we have been a lot worse
31 down already in contested ball is embarrassing stuff. Dead rubber or not there giving the impression there not interested today and numbers like that back it up.

Like to see Emerson stay back like he has been at Box Hill and maybe Will Day up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back