Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find the Scrimshaw spray last week astonishing. One of the few players who has stood up this year yet in the same game, dumbass Chol gives away a stupid free which cost Hardwick a goal and a week on the side lines. If anyone deserved a public spray it was Chol not Scrimshaw

Mitchell has a long way to go to prove he is the right coach to take us through this rebuild

Last weeks spray, several questionable starting sub decisions, and team that is playing soft as butter has him on shaky ground, needs to do better
Yeah, you don’t like Chol, we get it…

It’s been explained continually why Scrimshaw was given a spray. We’ve even had former players and coaches explaining why it made sense.
That you still find a astonishing says more about you than it does about the spray.

I still find the Scrimshaw spray last week astonishing. One of the few players who has stood up this year yet in the same game, dumbass Chol gives away a stupid free which cost Hardwick a goal and a week on the side lines. If anyone deserved a public spray it was Chol not Scrimshaw

Mitchell has a long way to go to prove he is the right coach to take us through this rebuild

Last weeks spray, several questionable starting sub decisions, and team that is playing soft as butter has him on shaky ground, needs to do better
He and a few others have asked to be coached that way .
It is actually that simple .

Some players need and encourage this sort of feedback. This sort of robust discussion is expected in a professional environment.

If you find it 'astonishing', imagine what it being said to players in the rooms.

I thought Finn played reasonably well as a defensive forward in the Suns game. Kicked 4 goals, was presenting well and took some strong marks.

His game was one of the few highlights from that match. I would like to see some more of Finn in the forward half, to see if he can play that role consistently. Where he can apply pressure to the opposition backs, while also presenting as a target.

He's a good tagger, we know that. Equally, we know it's hard to select a player every week who can only tag. I've seen him play in just about every position (including the Box Hill games I've seen) and he has never looked like an AFL standard player (unless he is tagging) until the suns game. He held marks, he kicked straight, shrugged a few tackles. Looked like a different player. I'd like to see him play there for the remainder of the season.

We've chosen best available rather than team balance (talls/smalls)

I'm OK with that. But our running game better be on.

Bombing balls into 50 rarely works anyway even if you have a tall - Often outnumbered etc.

Have to nail that short kick to a lead inside 50 - just have to.

We've chosen best available rather than team balance (talls/smalls)
Can’t really see how you’ve come to this conclusion.

We’ve chose to the play with the structure we want to play with.

Whether it pays off is another thing.

Yeah, you don’t like Chol, we get it…

It’s been explained continually why Scrimshaw was given a spray. We’ve even had former players and coaches explaining why it made sense.
That you still find an astonishing says more about you than it does about the spray.
Some red flags coming through on Mitchell from what I can see. Let’s just hope that he’s not the next Stevie Gerard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gets old pretty fast though.
So who are the shrinking violets in the team?
It's been happening for years.

Jordan Lewis talked about this a few months ago, saying that some players need a softly-softly approach from the coach, whereas he preferred to be fired up with robust feedback.

Jordan Lewis talked about this a few months ago, saying that some players need a softly-softly approach from the coach, whereas he preferred to be fired up with robust feedback.
Exactly. This happens in all walks of life.

Some can cop the sprays and get on with it. Some just fall apart. Scrim clearly can deal with it and it shows

So what was the reason Lewis left the club?
Tom Mitchell also came out saying he didn’t feel he was treated right under Sam, so looks like Sam got that one wrong.
If Scrim leaves end of year then that’ll be another Sam got wrong.

Tom Mitchell also came out saying he didn’t feel he was treated right under Sam, so looks like Sam got that one wrong.
Shit if scrim leaves because he coos a spray here and there would be hard to fathom.

I'd say you would have to have re issues on top of this to consider leaving.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was invited to look around by Clarko.
Lewis thought he was next in line to be captain.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's been going on for months. Totally over it. One option is to drive to a Waverly line station and hope you can find a parking spot.
come live in Tokyo..never a late train , bus... I rarely see a live Hawks game ,,but my transport stress is Zilch.. how Melbourne ever got a most liveable city rating !!!??? sorry to sidetrack ..back to where you were

come live in Tokyo..never a late train , bus... I rarely see a live Hawks game ,,but my transport stress is Zilch.. how Melbourne ever got a most liveable city rating !!!??? sorry to sidetrack ..back to where you were

The ‘liveable city’ I hear is in terms of expats. So very few of the issues residents have.

Funny how we never include that little fact

Sam's spray got so much airtime cause he hardly ever does it. Now all of a sudden people think he does every week and it's "getting old".
I think it's because of all the players to cop a (very) public spray it was Scrimmers who is in the midst of his best ever season.

And who (I still maintain to this day) was very harshly treated by the coaching panel last year.Dropping him for Bramble, I mean really how did that age?

Fair enough maybe some players can cope with that feedback better than others but given Scrimmers is a free agent next year I think Sam should be showing him a bit love mixed in as well as I am 100% certain Clarko is sussing him out as we speak (he's exactly what North need and they will pay overs to get him).

Dumbass Chol? That's pathetic.

Learn something about Scrimshaw and his coach before shooting your mouth off.

Sub par idiotic comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back