Review Round 20 - Q-CLASH @ PF Stadium - 27th July 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just not that surprising, Our key position players are soft and our midfield isn't as top line as we think it this.

We butcher the ball going forward and our inexperience sees us fluctuate in games.

Dimma got what he was given, he showed Hollands and Chol the door and we've seen no improvement on last year. Forget what off the cuff remarks he made about 80% of the list blah blah blah, he needs to recruit the soldiers he can trust.

Having said that, even without Andrews and Payne, Brisbane are amazing, they should make back to back grand finals.
Add to that Gardiner McCarthy Coleman Doedee Joyce.
Pitiful performance

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s only so much you can do with someone who doesn’t want to make a lead or run chase and tackle. He just waits for the easy ball to come to him or free kick

I’m just frustrated how badly he is soft and lazy
If the Club is serious about standards he gets dropped this week. He needs a reminder that he would not even be in team if not for this invisible potential he apparently has. Embarrassing

Add to that Gardiner McCarthy Coleman Doedee Joyce.
Pitiful performance

True. But we didn’t lose the game in the forward line—at least, not because we didn’t exploit it. Took many marks inside our 50 and more contested marks than normal. We did what we wanted in the first half there, but didn’t convert.

But as mentioned, we lost in the middle. They could have run first gamers in defence and it wouldn’t have mattered. Our gameplan relies on winning out of the middle and dominating.

We got less inside 50s, less clearances. So less chance to exploit our height off of repeat entries.

We haven’t won a game (I think) without dominating there.

I mentioned this before, but it seemed like it was done to trigger people. Wasn’t shown at the start, or when the game was close. Just at the end when Suns fans were dejected and leaving the stadium.

I joined in a very low effort boo. lol. They definitely showed it at a time of the game that would trigger people.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From where we were if I had not seen stewy’s head on the screen I would not have known it was a boo. It was definitely there but very half hearted. No one around us booed. Not as loud as when they booed 2 mtr Peter and he also got sacked.

My three word analysis is: Not Good Enough.

In the lower part of the middle of the performance spectrum. Would have beaten a bottom 6 team, but not beating a top 8 team.

The dam wall is still intact. The stone, in fact, remains uncut.

Of course, our stone is much harder than the stones that other teams are cutting. Clearly. It must be the stone. It is an eff%%*$ing diamond they gave us. Many people are saying it is the hardest stone they have ever seen, in like ever.

Still, no dramas. Year 14 and counting. All good. No rush. Take your time.

Another new mantra for the club: Frustration is Fun!!!

• Mids were ok but not good enough. No matchwinning performances in there. This is a long term worry. Can any of them be the best player on the ground against a good team when there is something on the line? Maybe, but no more than maybe.
  • Rebound defenders (Jeffrey, Weller, Powell) were ok but compared to Zork and Wilmott? Not good enough.
  • Against good teams last week and this week, got to take more chances that we did. Keep the scoreboard in check, put some pressure on them to score. Other teams have players that run through 50 and kick goals or hit a target, we got nuthin'.
  • What is Luko's best position atm? Suspect it is Left Right Out. Same problems again.
  • That was Humpers best game of the year against a good team. Was making a difference. Except when he was kicking for goal. Then he was shite.

My three word analysis is: Not Good Enough.

In the lower part of the middle of the performance spectrum. Would have beaten a bottom 6 team, but not beating a top 8 team.

The dam wall is still intact. The stone, in fact, remains uncut.

Of course, our stone is much harder than the stones that other teams are cutting. Clearly. It must be the stone. It is an eff%%*$ing diamond they gave us. Many people are saying it is the hardest stone they have ever seen, in like ever.

Still, no dramas. Year 14 and counting. All good. No rush. Take your time.

Another new mantra for the club: Frustration is Fun!!!

• Mids were ok but not good enough. No matchwinning performances in there. This is a long term worry. Can any of them be the best player on the ground against a good team when there is something on the line? Maybe, but no more than maybe.
  • Rebound defenders (Jeffrey, Weller, Powell) were ok but compared to Zork and Wilmott? Not good enough.
  • Against good teams last week and this week, got to take more chances that we did. Keep the scoreboard in check, put some pressure on them to score. Other teams have players that run through 50 and kick goals or hit a target, we got nuthin'.
  • What is Luko's best position atm? Suspect it is Left Right Out. Same problems again.
  • That was Humpers best game of the year against a good team. Was making a difference. Except when he was kicking for goal. Then he was shite.
Not sure how much they practice set shots but that was absolute dog breakfast with the season on the line. Similar to GWS game, we should score 3 goals in first 3 mins. We missed and it snowballed. Take half of those opportunities and it's probably a different story.

I thought Powell played on Cameron and did a good job. Weller is not rebound defender, IMO.

Why Dimma can't swallow his pride and put e.g. someone on Zorko is beyond me.

Mental demons.

Gold Coast v Brisbane​

10 Lachie Neale (BL)
8 Dayne Zorko (BL)
6 Josh Dunkley (BL)
3 Cameron Rayner (BL)
2 Bodhi Uwland (GCFC)
1 Darcy Wilmot (BL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 20 - Q-CLASH @ PF Stadium - 27th July 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad