Review Round 20 - Q-CLASH @ PF Stadium - 27th July 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Game over.
Lions on our home deck 5 day turn around with no backline.
Dimma needs a good hard look at himself for getting out coached here too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at that team, we are still stupidly young. Missing Miller badly.
IMO Millers turnovers and over the shoulder kicks were as bad as any of the young boys, he has been horrible this year

IMO Millers turnovers and over the shoulder kicks were as bad as any of the young boys, he has been horrible this year
He's been our best kick into forward 50 this year. Some coaches think he's been that bad they have put a hard tag on him, he's still one of our best just not quite at his peak.

He always seemed to get up for these games, but it would also be another mature body in there. The likes of Dunkley and Neale have belted our midfield.
Agree about the mature body just not that Touk always the answer ( just an opinion)

It’s so frustrating to see us do dumb shit time after time, as an example if you move to a player that handballs over you, then block his path to prevent the 1-2, Holman is a prime example of someone getting sucked in and then moving with the ball only to see the first player receive it back in the open, it’s just dumb

I really don't understand what our gameplan was. We had an overwhelming height advantage and got a return of 1.5 from our key forwards. Zorko and Neale killed us last time, so instead of putting anyone on them we let them both run free and rip us the shreads again. Swallow getting midfield minutes and providing **** all when Humpher gets more clearances playing in the forward line does my head in. Hardwick has made some baffling choices this year.

That QClash was almost worse than the ones where we get demolished. Clinging on on the scoreboard for 4 quarters and missing so many crucial opportunities to the point where you can say we should have/could have won is awful. That result puts us as huge long shots for finals, we would have to go undefeated from here to sniff them. I can't give up hope till we truly are out of it but that really dimmed things.

It may not be the time to say this but just remember how young we are, there are 8 players in the 23 with minimal experience and they all look like they could be serious players. If we just miss finals with such a young squad and more kids to come in Walter, Rogers, Read, Lombard and Uwland, the future is undeniably bright.

Two rucks didn’t really work for me, we couldn’t pressure the Lions defenders and while the contested marks they took were very strong, they didn’t seem to slow the Big O whatsoever at stoppage. This would be easier to take if Lukosius was remotely competitive at ground level or a serious leaper. I would happily send him to Adelaide, he doesn’t fit the gameplan and his talent isn’t worth the downsides. Let Walter/Day be the second tall and get another small in there to get the pressure up.
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...h-ii-review-im-sick-of-rueing-missed-chances/

We lost because of
1-Voldemort’s and I was expecting that when I saw who was appointed
2-like last week we didn’t take our chances

Love Dimma
Love our players
Don’t love our players that want to be here and want to improve us getting bagged by the supporters

Yes we lost Mini GF which means the focus changes into development but they are a good bunch of young Gold Coast men and we should stick by them

I thought we started great but not able to convert cost us again.

In 2nd quarter Lions midfield got on top of us and generated the gap. This happened quite often this year.

Two rucks did not work.

Alex Davies the saviour according to Dimma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 20 - Q-CLASH @ PF Stadium - 27th July 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back