Out already

Doubts over
RO'B
Houli

Rookies probably out
Watson
Langlands
Stengle

Here's a random question.. in cut-throat league finals.. with your 2 trades (assuming rookies are gone of course), are you:

a) Looking for ceiling
b) Looking for consistency

I guess what im asking, are you trading in blokes who can win you the matchup.. or trading in blokes that wont "lose" you the matchup

If that makes sense.. a 130-80 type player or a 100-110 type?

I lean to the former, but just wondering others thoughts?

I went Chol > Sweet (if he plays)
The question is
D.Clarke > Cripps or S.Ross or Robinson?

Edit - Leaning Cripps but it was against the crows and a big portion of his score was in the first quarter which worries me.

Here's a random question.. in cut-throat league finals.. with your 2 trades (assuming rookies are gone of course), are you:

a) Looking for ceiling
b) Looking for consistency

I guess what im asking, are you trading in blokes who can win you the matchup.. or trading in blokes that wont "lose" you the matchup

If that makes sense.. a 130-80 type player or a 100-110 type?

I lean to the former, but just wondering others thoughts?

I am more focused on consistency, while still trying to go the guys with the highest ceilings. Right now a few 80s in the same week and you're in trouble.

That could change if you were the underdog though and had to have a crack

Larkey to Carter, Sicily to Crisp...
$117k to upgrade Shep probably next week...
I'd be hanging onto Shep with all I've got unless you're full luxury mode. Has a really great run for medium defenders especially to finish the year, including Hawthorn in round 23 at OPTUS! Really nice pick though, did you start with him?

Untitled.jpg

Hutchins in has me horrified as a Cripps owner. He’s also a unique in my knock out finals. So thinking of the following:
  • Stack > Hunter. No Hanners / Stevens has me convinced of his role. Was considering BSmith, but is now contending with Gibbs/Douglas for midfield time. Would love Hurn, but not sure I can trust his old man carves.
  • Cripps > Adams. Quite a few options around the $690 mark, but feel he'll get me at least a 110. Sloane/Neale scoring too dependent on not getting the tag.
Other thoughts:
  • Considering ROB > Gawn, but with Preuss coming in, he'll be taking away about 1/3 of his hit outs.
  • Also considering Ziebell > Curnow / Greene / Adams. Ziebell is named centre, and I believe he's due for a big one. So was a toss up between a tagged Cripps vs Ziebell. That's my thought process anyway. Whether the logic is there, is a whole different discussion! :p:cool:
Thoughts? open to better trade options / ideas!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

before trades I have Guthrie, Hack Jones, Sicily and Ziebell as bona fide spud premos
I really wanted to downgrade O.Baker to a rookie but just can't bear only getting rid of one of the above spuds and keeping 3 on field again. So, going to have to spend my 85k bank and turn 2 of the above spuds into actual premos. Means I can't get Whit but think I can hold off on him for one more week...

Think it's time to get Laird and hope he has a big finish, the worst case scenario is get gets low 90s from here...will take that considering what I've got at D4-6 at present.
Can do something like:
Ziebell to Darling/Mundy/Dawson and Guthrie/Jones/Sicily to Laird/Stewart

OR keep Ziebell another week and do:

Guthrie to Hunter Clark and Sicily/Jones to Sheppard/Blakely.

Feels like I'm shuffling spud premos around but I just have to give someone else a go at being a decent premo, can't keep punishing myself with Guthrie/Jones/Sicily/Ziebell combo every week

Last edited:
Treloar or TT?

I just can't decide

Treloar. Controversial opinion but IMO he's been the best fantasy player this year.

Has scored below 80 once. Has not tonned up just three times this season.

Hasn't shown the ceiling that Taranto has this year, but is averaging 119 and 118 across his last 3 and 5 games respectively.

Also has a more favourable fixture and with the injury crisis at the Pies at the moment, he is just about their main man. Gold Coast this week :padlock:

View attachment 718998

Hutchins in has me horrified as a Cripps owner. He’s also a unique in my knock out finals. So thinking of the following:
  • Stack > Hunter. No Hanners / Stevens has me convinced of his role. Was considering BSmith, but is now contending with Gibbs/Douglas for midfield time. Would love Hurn, but not sure I can trust his old man carves.
  • Cripps > Adams. Quite a few options around the $690 mark, but feel he'll get me at least a 110. Sloane/Neale scoring too dependent on not getting the tag.
Other thoughts:
  • Considering ROB > Gawn, but with Preuss coming in, he'll be taking away about 1/3 of his hit outs.
  • Also considering Ziebell > Curnow / Greene / Adams. Ziebell is named centre, and I believe he's due for a big one. So was a toss up between a tagged Cripps vs Ziebell. That's my thought process anyway. Whether the logic is there, is a whole different discussion! :p:cool:
Thoughts? open to better trade options / ideas!
Don't mind Stack to Hunter
Have to back in Cripps but I agree that he has a few spud scores left in him, but just have to back him in after last week.
ROB to Gawn, can hold off on that one now, ROB more than serviceable.
Ziebell has to go, would be a certainty to go for me if I didn't have bigger spuds in defence. He is cooked as a midfielder, has been named centre for weeks now and can barely touch the ball. Usually just finishes the game fwd doing SFA

Treloar. Controversial opinion but IMO he's been the best fantasy player this year.

Hasn't shown the ceiling that Taranto has this year, but is averaging 119 and 118 across his last 3 and 5 games respectively.

Also has a more favourable fixture and with the injury crisis at the Pies at the moment, he is just about their main man. Gold Coast this week :padlock:
100% agree. Treloar never has a bad game it seems. Punishes me every single week! Keep waiting for Adams to nerf him but it never happens. Can't stand him running around getting hack kick after hack kick, no opposition coach will ever tag him. I can't not start with him next year and for years to come. Bane of my season, sickens me every week that I started Brayspud over him

Ok, you've convinced me..injured 1st qtr now😉

View attachment 718985
View attachment 718986

Hutchins in has me horrified as a Cripps owne me. He’s also a unique in my knock out finals.
Don't mind Stack to Hunter
Have to back in Cripps but I agree that he has a few spud scores left in him, but just have to back him in after last week.
ROB to Gawn, can hold off on that one now, ROB more than serviceable.
Ziebell has to go, would be a certainty to go for me if I didn't have bigger spuds in defence. He is cooked as a midfielder, has been named centre for weeks now and can barely touch the ball. Usually just finishes the game fwd doing SFA
thanks mate, always appreciate BF feedback. Ziebell > Adams locked in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 20 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back