Autopsy Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Theory:

- Almost all our wins this year have been because of good goalkicking.

- Almost all our losses this year have been because of bad goalkicking.

Our last loss was because of good goal kicking....unfortunately it was Carlton. campaigners can't kick a goal to save themselves and went accurate for a week.

Just wondering where all the Ratts bashing from last night has gone ? Seriously, I gave us a big chance this week till we lost Howard and Ryder never got up for the game. So am I surprised .... yeah, rapt.... you bet ya.
I said it hours before the game, but it's a game against a Premiership contender with little chance we will play finals. Not a marquee game (Sat night on Channel 7) with a few outs.
That's the exact kind of game the Saints will win.

Theory:

- Almost all our wins this year have been because of good goalkicking.

- Almost all our losses this year have been because of bad goalkicking.

lol! But yep.. kicking straight is all the difference
In our losses we’ve kicked 9.14 rather than 14.9

We are a different team when we aim up. Effort and pressure all night.
Cracked Sydney in the 4th.

We played Membrey forward, Higgins, Butler, Sharman, King and Kent. Apart from Butler everyone of them looked dangerous in front of goal. Butler pressured and others helped out and made the defence shaky. It was a very potent looking front end. Not many defences can old that kind of fire power back and if they go to one of them the others all bite you. It was very Ratts at Carlton where there were multiple scoring threats.

Just wondering where all the Ratts bashing from last night has gone ? Seriously, I gave us a big chance this week till we lost Howard and Ryder never got up for the game. So am I surprised .... yeah, rapt.... you bet ya.
Nothing to do with Ratts. Players brought the pressure tonight so deserve praise, didn't bring it last week so deserved critisism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what helped tonight was we lost some players who...

Clark - no defensive side
Billings - goes missing far to often
Hunter - not really up to AFL standard
Long - braindead decisions, goes missing

Now imagine having these four on at the same time and take away Sinclair and Mckenzie and tonight may have looked quite different.

Steele is Steele, fast becoming the number one mid in the comp in MY eyes. Only Bont challenges him.
Marshall, some brain fades at times but i will put that down to him being rusty. Back to his best otherwise playing as another midfielder.
Sinclair superb in defence
Jones, love his run and ball use and excellent defensive work this week
Sharman, this guy is tall, quick and does not fumble, clean as fk taking a grab and can kick goals
Butler - NINE tackles as a forward pocket....

Really good team effort. No weak links tonight. Even Coffield looked to be getting back to last seasons form.

Going to mess up us getting a higher draft pick. So St Kilda but i will take it regardless.

Coffield was good tonight, reminded me of Sam Fisher with his cool head and dash off half back.

Higgins reminded me of Milney, turned bad forward entries into goals and he is a cheeky little bloke.
Higgins, you can't help but love that guy. On field he's a star, but off field he just looks absolutely stoked to be there.

Can't believe we won that!! Typically bloody Saints!!

Steele is unbelievable. Marshall had a great game. Snags looks like the bag kicking small forward we are crying out for. With Gresh rotating thru there too they will be a handful

Really can't believe how good Sharman looks. Seems to have really good footy smarts and a good kick, probably one of those guys whose a bit too skinny or a few cm too short and got overlooked.

Our whole team defense was amazing tonight. We got slaughtered in the clearance, but the Swans weren't able to get many good entries. Defense held up a hell of a lot better than I thought. Wilkie did amazing on Buddy, but I think the whole defensive unit worked very well together which helps

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2021: St.Kilda v Sydney *PRIDE GAME* *COFFIELD 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back