Game Day Round 21 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:30pm Saturday 03/08 #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see you 1864

Some of your board seem forlorn comparing your list to the 1995 team

Hardly seems fair given that list had Kouta, SOS, Sticks, Ratts, Williams, Bradley, Campo, Madden etc

And the club had yet to embrace the salary cap
Can a salary cap really be "embraced"? I think it was being "actively managed"... potato, potah-to

(I'm sure I don't need to remind you that the only Premiership winner convicted of salary-cap excesses in a flag year is the 1993 Bombers, nor which brave and true challenger was disgracefully denied the spoils on that occasion... Verily we are the victims of dastardly salary-cap abuse by others, but we don't complain about it... much...)

The doom-and-gloom on our board is a bit over the top. We've had a poor month, no worries, but probably not as bad as Collingwood's - it's a very winnable game. And as you touched on in our thread, it will indeed be nice to be back at the MCG after three in a row on the Marvel concrete. Looking forward to it!

Who would you have dropped to keep Parker in the side?
With De Goey and McCreery available again (I didn't think it seemed likely De Goey would play), plus the need to bring Frampton back, there's probably a strong chance I wouldn't have had him in my side at all. What I was getting at, is simply that he's a young player who must have been feeling quite happy with himself after last week, and may have thought it very likely he'd get at least another game this week, in what will be one of the biggest H&A games we've played in some time! He'll be disappointed he's not playing (as will a few others), but should know he's made terrific progress in just a few months.

McKay is a huge man and without the inclusion of Frampton Moore would have been the only viable opponent.

Curnow plays taller than his listed height so I'd send the taller Moore to him to try and counter his athletic ability.

Against Geelong we were prepared to set Quaynor the task of minding Cameron (odd choice that it was IMO) so I don't buy the notion that we can't choose to play a more accountable defence if we wish.

I just took a quick glance at the Carlton board and they reckon we may play Frampton as a decoy forward to nullify Weitering. Might not be a bad option if we can somehow cover Curnow and McKay as well.

With De Goey and McCreery available again (I didn't think it seemed likely De Goey would play), plus the need to bring Frampton back, there's probably a strong chance I wouldn't have had him in my side at all. What I was getting at, is simply that he's a young player who must have been feeling quite happy with himself after last week, and may have thought it very likely he'd get at least another game this week, in what will be one of the biggest H&A games we've played in some time! He'll be disappointed he's not playing (as will a few others), but should know he's made terrific progress in just a few months.
I'm sure he'll have plenty of big games to come in his career. Can't wait to see what he does next year after his first preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree, lucky he has no real competition. He comes across to me as a player who is content with just getting by. Could be just bad body language but some of his efforts in the reserves in recent weeks have been way below standard

People forget with Frampton that he's just not a good player, never has been. Can look decent with a really strong team around him.

Keep Weitering accountable and under control and I think our fwd line gets it down.
Cox, Cameron rotating in support of Mcstay, Billy, with quality smalls circulating and JDG pinch hitting gives their backline huge headaches.
Our Season high 20 I50 marks last week will not have gone innoticed by Voss.

Can’t complain about the ins but Frampton is lucky.

Luck never gives; it only lends.

Let's hope Big Billy's good luck continues until at least Sunday.

I would have kept him and dropped lippy

People forget with Frampton that he's just not a good player, never has been. Can look decent with a really strong team around him.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t rate him. Should be a good player, has the physical attributes, good kick, decent mark and mobile for his size. Just a distinct lack of hunger and desire to want to improve, just seems to have drifted through his career and was fortunate to win a premiership when he did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back