Game Day Round 21 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:30pm Saturday 03/08 #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2022 final round game vs Carlton is the best ever but a win tomorrow could be the 2nd best. Keeps our season alive, honours the unbelievable Scotty Pendlebury, and continues the Blueser's downward spiral (they'd probably finish the round in 8th).
Huge multi on the Blues should ensure a Pies victory. Stay tuned.

I think there are 44 pages on the Carlton board regarding this week's clash. It must be a sign that some of us have given up on the year or the Blue's fans are very worked up about it.

I hope the enthusiasm is shown in the stands tomorrow night and we give Pendles an amazing night to remember.

Think the Blues' fans are worked up about this game because of the significance it holds for Collingwood Football Club - the GOAT playing his 400th game, and what this means for his teammates, and for the Black and White Army. They would be extremely nervous, because the momentous nature of this game gives it a very real aura of unpredictability.

It has been so long since our team has been close to full strength. On the field with Pendles tomorrow night will be almost all the Premiership team that he led spiritually to victory last year.

No one can know what this game for Pendles can/will do for the psychology of our team, and the incredible will to win we saw last year, and which this year seems at times to have deserted us.

Milestone games don't generally have the character of galvanising a team. But this team is built differently - we saw it last year, and have seen glimpses of it this year.

Carlscum supporters instinctively feel the significance of this game, and fear the fact that they don't know what to expect. Their nightmare is for Collingwood to step back into the mind space that led to a Premiership victory.

Very not sorry for the intrusion.
Scott Pendlebury, congratulations, great footballer, great to watch, hopefully Collingwood win for him.
PS. This doesn't mean I like Collingwood .

Scott Pendlebury, congratulations, great footballer, great to watch, hopefully Collingwood win for him.
No worries mate. I don't like Essendon either. But happy that you have intruded here to express your admiration for the GOAT, and express your hope for the Pies to win.

Pies will win. Strong side with the three latest inclusions.
Expecting us to be on like donkey Kong.

While Carlton don’t have the wood on us like Hawthorn do, one thing Carlton do seem to do to us with frightening regularity is spoil “celebration”/occasion games for us

Hopefully that doesn’t continue tomorrow

While Carlton don’t have the wood on us like Hawthorn do, one thing Carlton do seem to do to us with frightening regularity is spoil “celebration”/occasion games for us

Hopefully that doesn’t continue tomorrow
This is more than a celebration game for us.
It is Pendles' 400th
But Pendles is also the conductor of the orchestra.
The orchestra is not just playing a tribute to him.
It will also have to play in the living moment of the game, and the composition becomes one not just of looking behind, but also of looking forward.
I am predicting Shostakovich: Leningrad.

This is more than a celebration game for us.
It is Pendles' 400th
But Pendles is also the conductor of the orchestra.
The orchestra is not just playing a tribute to him.
It will also have to play in the living moment of the game, and the composition becomes one not just of looking behind, but also of looking forward.
I am predicting Shostakovich: Leningrad.

No idea what you just said but

KEN OATH!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain...

Anyone with a Tom avatar and kind words for a Collingwood great is more than welcome!

If we get the slow, sore Degoey of recent weeks his inclusion is meaningless. Let's hope he is capable of being an effective contributor tonight.
Agree, hopefully the 2 weeks off has helped him. When he's hampered with this groin injury, we play better without him. I want to see him burst out of packs tonight, Naicos needs his help.

Agree, hopefully the 2 weeks off has helped him. When he's hampered with this groin injury, we play better without him. I want to see him burst out of packs tonight, Naicos needs his help.
Unfortunately JDG hasn’t done much bursting out of packs of late.

Really hope he is fit enough to be out there, because now is not the time to take any chances with selection. Every game is potentially season-ending.

But then there’s SP400 - it’s pretty special. I reckon Fly will manage the emotion of this occasion well. He did it spectacularly well for the GF, and the birth of his daughter that morning.

Unfortunately JDG hasn’t done much bursting out of packs of late.

Really hope he is fit enough to be out there, because now is not the time to take any chances with selection. Every game is potentially season-ending.
He's done it a couple of times, but it must hurt him, i'm just hoping the times he does it, we capitialise on it.

But then there’s SP400 - it’s pretty special. I reckon Fly will manage the emotion of this occasion well. He did it spectacularly well for the GF, and the birth of his daughter that morning.
You'd hope the boys fire up for him, i'd be expecting Bruzzy to fire up for him, hopefully the boys catch the buzz.

Anyone know what the pregame running sheet is for tonight?
Trying to work out what time to get there?

If you want to see an encore of that pendles song, get there before. 7:10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope that Cincotta gets shown that if he wants to tag and scrag Naicos, then he'll have the entire Collingwood side to deal with whenever they get the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back