Game Day Round 21 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:30pm Saturday 03/08 #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very not sorry for the intrusion.
Scott Pendlebury, congratulations, great footballer, great to watch, hopefully Collingwood win for him.
PS. This doesn't mean I like Collingwood .

I really dislike Essendon and enjoy that you have crashed from the eight

But you are a beloved brother compared to the ar$e-worms in navy

No idea what you just said but

KEN OATH!
I know where he's coming from.
This from Wikipedia:

Dmitri Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 in C major, Op. 60, nicknamed the Leningrad, was begun in Leningrad, completed in the city of Samara (then known as Kuybyshev) in December 1941, and premiered in that city on March 5, 1942. At first dedicated to Lenin, it was eventually submitted in honor of the besieged city of Leningrad, where it was first played under dire circumstances on August 9, 1942, nearly a year into the siege by German forces.[1][2]

The performance was broadcast by loudspeaker throughout the city and to the German forces in a show of resilience and defiance. The Leningrad soon became popular in both the Soviet Union and the West as a symbol of resistance to fascism and totalitarianism, thanks in part to the composer's microfilming of the score in Samara and its clandestine delivery, via Tehran and Cairo, to New York, where Arturo Toscanini conducted a broadcast performance on July 19, 1942, and Time magazine placed Shostakovich on its cover.[3] That popularity faded somewhat after 1945, but the work is still regarded as a major musical testament to the 27 million Soviet people who lost their lives in World War II, and it is often played at Leningrad Cemetery, where half a million victims of the 900-day Siege of Leningrad are buried.

GO PIES!!!!!

Unfortunately JDG hasn’t done much bursting out of packs of late.

Really hope he is fit enough to be out there, because now is not the time to take any chances with selection. Every game is potentially season-ending.

But then there’s SP400 - it’s pretty special. I reckon Fly will manage the emotion of this occasion well. He did it spectacularly well for the GF, and the birth of his daughter that morning.

JDG really only has to offer more than last weeks contribution of either Sullivan or Harrison last week to improve the side.

Thanks, Jen.
Is there any other activity to get there earlier for?
You can match to the G with Swannie.

March to the 'G

Before you head to the match, join us at the home of Collingwood, the AIA Vitality Centre, for the fan-favourite March to the 'G!

Don't forget to head to our merchandise store to grab your SP400 gear.

Club legend Dane Swan will lead the March to the ‘G, preparing the Magpie Army for an intense clash with Carlton.

Key timings:

4:30pm | Activations start at the AIA Vitality Centre

6:30pm | March to the ‘G departs

6:45pm | Arrival at the MCG (Gate 1)

You can match to the G with Swannie.

March to the 'G

Before you head to the match, join us at the home of Collingwood, the AIA Vitality Centre, for the fan-favourite March to the 'G!

Don't forget to head to our merchandise store to grab your SP400 gear.

Club legend Dane Swan will lead the March to the ‘G, preparing the Magpie Army for an intense clash with Carlton.

Key timings:

4:30pm | Activations start at the AIA Vitality Centre

6:30pm | March to the ‘G departs

6:45pm | Arrival at the MCG (Gate 1)
There's no way they are going to walk to the G in 15 minutes, it would have to be a power walk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't help feeling we are going to win tonight. The side looks strong and the adrenalin feels powerful
I'm strangely confident as well, which is unlike me. I normally fear the worst and think of all the things that could go wrong.

But it's different today. I have a sense of calm, certainty and destiny: supremely confident that the team will play out of their skins to mark our spiritual captain's enormous milestone game. In fact, now I think about it, I have the exact same feeling that I had on the morning of the 2023 GF (and look how that turned out 😊).

I have even put my money where my mouth and heart are - laid $100 on the Pies head to head at $2.50.

Go you magnificent bastards!!
I just can't help feeling we are going to win tonight. The side looks strong and the adrenalin feels powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back