Game Day Round 22 Eagles v GWS- the *other* Battle of the West

Remove this Banner Ad

915081_thumb_326x184.jpg

Round 22 Eagles v. GWS: The *other* Battle of the West

Spotless Stadium, Olympic Park, New South Wales, Saturday August 19, 16:35 local time (14:35 WST)

Live on 7mate from 14:30 WST

Forecast: Max 17 Min 5 Partly Cloudy

Head-to-Head: 5-1 in West Coast's Favour, and 2-0 at Spotless Stadium

In- Royal Wings, Rubbery White Shorts, Out- Navy Wings , Navy Shorts

20861864_10155397944795751_4824339403151158433_o.jpg

The penultimate home and away round of the year sees our beloved Eagles disapparate to Spotless Stadium, our Greater Western *home away from home* (with a 100% winning record to boot) for an Elimination Final

It has been a mostly disheartening season so far .... which has left me in dire need of a cheering charm . I wish I could use a time-turner and go back to the start of the season....
other-hermione-granger-inspired-time-turner-necklace-1.jpg

.... but alas , it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live

Thankfully, the 2017 dream (and vision in the mirror of erised) is still alive, albeit just!

We'll be battling for finals survival, whilst our Jewish Party-loving opponents will be trying in vain to shore up their top 2 spot

Thankfully , our own Party(ing(ton)) animal is also single and ready to mingle

16716301_10154665564032224_175430995019220208_o.jpg

KEY POINTS

JKportWCcna1.jpg

As far as matchups go, it doesn't get any bigger than Kennedy v. Davis "the diver"

The Diver learned his craft from his great grandfather.....

ddaso4-2-f.jpg

He is in good form and will be a formidable opponent, but Kennedy , who has starred for us since returning from injury this year, kicking 26 goals in 5 games to reclaim the Coleman lead, will be more than up to the task at hand

JK has 30 goals from his 6 games against the giants (including his PB of 11 goals against them in 2014)

On the other end of the ground , we thankfully will welcome back Barrass , and will be counting on him and EMac to hold their own against the Patton/Cameron duo .

Vardy/Petrie v. unlikely the combination of Lobb "the brave victim of bullying" / Mumford "the striking thug" will also be crucial. Last time we met, we won the possession count, but got beaten in the hitouts, and smashed in the clearances. I'm backing Vardy/Petrie to hold their own against these two this time. I'm not going to worry about the midfield battle because we can count on the giant cheaters to continue playing with 19 men on the field . Since the extra will have the pace of Arjuna "I want "a runner", Tunga , this will help ensure their midfield match our rovers' pace and zip in the middle .

THE SLYTHERIN (GREEN(E)) FACTOR

Greene (who got his mob over the line earlier in the year) may have escaped with a not so "fine" slap on the wrist for this blatant misconduct:

00061c23a9d3a70dde13e477c914a72c

(How dare he disrespect the mighty royal! A crime worthy of a stint in Azkaban)

At least I can count on Greene being targeted b(Oo)y our teammates and supporters alike

12269749_164728107215315_1863632509_n.jpg

PREDICTION

GJF14BO2D.1-1.jpg

After a tight and inaccurate 4 quarters which result in us being 5 points (behinds) down with 5 seconds to go , Max Darling will appear from under his invisibility cloak and seize the opportunity to overcome his mental demons and win us a game with a snap goal in the dying seconds , NicNat style

Eagles by 1 point

Somehow I have a better feeling about this one than I did prior to the previous three games. Perhaps the tedious sense of inevitability makes me hopeful that the footy gods will play yet another little joke this season and keep WC's record at Spotless spotless.

Can't see them belting us. Can't see us getting overly close though. It'll be boring AF.

Gee I really don't care about this game. Really can't see why Hill had to come back into the side over giving another opportunity to Lamb or Karpany. I'm a bit bemused and my interest in the game has dropped a result.

Gee I really don't care about this game. Really can't see why Hill had to come back into the side over giving another opportunity to Lamb or Karpany.
Because they won't go into full development mode until they are 100% mathematically ruled out of finals contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our lack of speed and being slow is summed up by comparing the 3 listed on each team's centre line.

Whitfield Ward Scully
V
Hutchins Priddis Gaff

Switch those 3 and add back NicNat means we would be contending come finals.

Some of the boys at the airport yesterday before flying out. Hutch clowning for the camera :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:...:sob:

traficcones.jpg

I still think its hilarious how Simmo even alluded to getting into Green. Chosing a player to 'go after' is a sure fire way to galvanise the opposition further steeling their resolve to not only win, but to smash us to smithereens. I hope we get belted and if we do, we will see the same Simmo in the box, looking confused and bereft of ideas.

Bring it GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 22 Eagles v GWS- the *other* Battle of the West

Remove this Banner Ad

Back