Review Round 24, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Who were your five best players against Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We are putrid.

Embarrassing for AFL grade footballers that we kick so poorly. I’ve seen u/12s kick better. Last quarter was even more embarrassing for a team thinking it’s a finals team.

Just making up numbers this September.
Sorry but that's an overreaction. Poor last quarter but not a putrid team.
6 straight finals series in an achievement. We are in with as much chance as other teams.

I just don’t understand how a team with our experience can still be so comically bad in a) front of goal and b) and perhaps even more importantly how bad we are when other teams get a run on.

With the amount of experience and learnings we’ve gained over the last 5 years you just wish at some stage it’d be different.

Until it’s resolved we’ll continue to make things hard for ourselves.

Last edited:
When you consider the season-ending injuries down back and the terrible start we had, top 5 is an amazing achievement

Yeah we fans were teased with the chances of a top 2 finish but if you’d offered us 5th place at 2-5, we’d all have taken it…in a cutthroat, even season that’s not a bad effort

Plus we’re due a few good goalkicking nights…hopefully we regress to the mean at the right time 👏

Tom14 what was the expected score

Animated GIF

We're not consistent or have a fit enough list overall to win 4 finals but we could certainly win two.

These last quarter fadeouts are indicative of mental fragility and a lack of real steel but that's nothing new this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think tonight in front of goals was the worst we've been all year, Shanks and indecision. Lucky it was the Bombers
Yeah I’m kinda hoping the 2 weeks off now might help us be “less shit” in this area.

We know we’ve been shit for years in this area of the game, but tonight was next level, but I think on top of the last two weeks part of that was also mental.

I thought Cam was one in particular who didn’t know whether to pass or kick the goal himself and as such shanked a few etc.

So hopefully with a bit of a reset now we go back to being shit as opposed to very very shit.

Think tonight in front of goals was the worst we've been all year, Shanks and indecision. Lucky it was the Bombers
There were a lot of poor entries as well as kicking. A few players were also trying to be unselfish but just turned it over.

We're not consistent or have a fit enough list overall to win 4 finals but we could certainly win two.
As long as one of the two is the GF, I'm ok with that

Yeah ,some truly horrible attempts.

Logan Morris has huge upside as a player but his set shot kicking looks almost clueless.

Dunkley Hipwood and Joe all had absolute shockers too. Rayner has totally lost his radar too

Hard to fathom how experienced players can butcher so many golden opportunities

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Back