Review Round 24, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Who were your five best players against Essendon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

They were awful, one of the worst teams we’ve played this year. We pretty average. Job done at least.

For those at the game, what did we miss here?

They had a chat walking onto the pitch after the siren and Berry slightly shook his head grinning.

I think Fagan farted and Berry wasn't pleased. My sources are disclosed but take it to the bank. The club is falling apart.

for our next match to start off with we need a McCluggage streaming into the i50 goal, an in-tight contest snap by Charles for a goal, and 45 degree angle set shot for Hipwood for a goal, and a bs fumble then a 60m goal by Joe.

That will clear the bad juju, and get us roaring again.

Sounds a bit like the grand final

So.

I'm over my tonight sadness and over wearing a heart rate monitor watch to the game. On the plus side, I've nailed my exercise by heart rate for the next three days.

That was ... like we were before the bye.

But remember people, we came out after the bye without these problems and won nine straight.

4th quarter fall off's are fatigue.

Fatigue was the reason we dominated behinds before the bye, cause we improved so much with a week off.

We've got this.

Ahhh I need the gossip. What was this about?

I’m a certified lip reader. Fagan was saying “we have two weeks of learnings until our first final”

Yeah ,some truly horrible attempts.

Logan Morris has huge upside as a player but his set shot kicking looks almost clueless.

Dunkley Hipwood and Joe all had absolute shockers too. Rayner has totally lost his radar too

Hard to fathom how experienced players can butcher so many golden opportunities

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is why I'd love to make him an inside mid bull. Bit like Bont/Cripps. He is awful at a set shot. looks like he is falling over every time over reaching for it.

Sorry but that's an overreaction. Poor last quarter but not a putrid team.
6 straight finals series in an achievement. We are in with as much chance as other teams.
I think the Top 4 teams have a greater chance MSB ROYS. Just looking at Hawthorn’s form at the moment, you would have to rate them, and the Bulldogs for that matter, as more of a chance than we are. I suspect we will win our Elimination Final and that might be it. I said earlier, we might muster a repeat of 2022 or 1986, but in both years we were smacked in the Preliminary Final after we ran out of puff.

I think the Top 4 teams have a greater chance MSB ROYS. Just looking at Hawthorn’s form at the moment, you would have to rate them, and the Bulldogs for that matter, as more of a chance than we are. I suspect we will win our Elimination Final and that might be it. I said earlier, we might muster a repeat of 2022 or 1986, but in both years we were smacked in the Preliminary Final after we ran out of puff.

Home elimination final win - I'll take that.

Hipwood was poor tonight. We are really missing Darcy Gardiner in our forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lack of composure under pressure is the major weakness we have, particularly in last quarters. It was almost a carbon copy of last week but Essendon didn’t have the class and we were just too far ahead for them to get there. For a team that has played in so many finals it is astounding that they can just crumble when the heat is applied.

The only thing I could think of while watching us kick behind after behind and do all sorts of messed up stuff in our f50, Paul in green mile

1724504265969.jpeg

A win that really feels like a loss. Tonight was a great chance to nip some things in the bud and build some confidence to carry into September. Reality is that none of our guys will go home tonight feeling any more confident.

I really do feel that these guys told us in round 0 what the story of the season was going to be. That game has been the archetype for our losses all year.

30.49 in the last 3 weeks.. not including the shots that didn’t even register. Why did GWS, Collingwood and Essendon even have the opportunity to have a sniff? All 3 games would’ve been over before the final quarter had we finished our work.

We seemingly have lost our cohesion. Our skills are poor. Players are consistently hesitant and often make the wrong decision. Set shot kicking has cost us multiple games. Talls don’t stick marks. We don’t defend transition out of our 50 like we used to.

Far too often it takes individual brilliance for us to score. That is not a sustainable method of offence come September.

The sucky part is that we should be top of the ladder. Sounds arrogant but it’s just the reality of it. There’s only 2 games this season, maybe 3, where I truly felt we were not the better team on the day. 2 games. Every other game we’ve either won or had the opportunity to win and just didn’t execute.

Anyway.. I suck at analogies but I feel like blessing all of you beautiful people with one.. This group reminds me so much of my mate Tom. Tom opened a Café month ago. Tom did everything right. Tom went out of his way to source local, quality coffee beans. Tom bought the best machines to extract the espresso and texture his milk. Tom surrounded himself with good, hard working people. But in spite of his passion, and in spite of putting himself in a position to succeed, Tom can’t ******* pour milk into a cup without causing an electrical fire.

Right now, we are Tom.

We’ve got all the talent. We’ve done so much right. Our best is indisputably the best. But this year we have consistently failed at finishing off our work, and if we can’t clean it up, whoever we face next month will punish us.

Finals, as they say, are a whole new ball game - and a good thing they are, too, because if we dish up more of that slop, it’s mothballs.

Willingness to share the footy good tonight, execution not so. The Harlem globetrotter blind overhead handball shite needs to go straight in the bin.

Very happy with Noah’s return.

I noticed we raised an obscene amount of money for some cause tonight. I would be diverting a hefty portion of whatever that was towards hiring a better shrink.

Sorry this is late, I was busy being annoyed at Man Utd being 1-0 down whilst being up on expected goals...

Update to this: Man Utd now level at 1-1 and but had a goal to take the lead correctly ruled out because a shot that was going in anyway inadvertently hit an offside player on the goal line. IMG_2811.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 24, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Back