Preview Round 24 - Essendon vs Brisbane Lion - Saturday 24 August - 7:25 PM - The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that team selection is an absolute downer, though not unexpected. Guess we're holding players for the VFL finals.. oh wait..

So those changes means this game is not worth watching. No Saad, no Tsatas, no Hayes, nothing to get excited for. I understand with our season on the line, but with our season done, why are we playing the same players that caused our season to be done in the first place? I was looking forward to seeing a preview of 2025 (because it better not be this selected side).

I really do not see any point at all as far as picking Tsatas for 1 game at the end of the season. Maybe a few need to get to the VFL and just watch him live (watch him and not the game) and you may see why he is still a work in progress despite the stats page.

They where not going to drop Laverde in the Heppell farwell game so Hayes does not get a spot.

El-Hawi is not exactly AFL ready after just 2 games back from injury .

I really want to give Brad Scott a proper chance at succeeding as our coach, but my God, his selections inspire less than zero confidence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really do not see any point at all as far as picking Tsatas for 1 game at the end of the season. Maybe a few need to get to the VFL and just watch him live (watch him and not the game) and you may see why he is still a work in progress despite the stats page.

They where not going to drop Laverde in the Heppell farwell game so Hayes does not get a spot.

Yep..Lions midfield might destroy his confidence as well.

Very happy they didn’t throw Tsatas to the wolves for him to play wing/ half forward in what could be a dead set flogging. Would have liked to seen Saad but he’s gonna be on to the next season so I don’t mind. Here nor there on Hayes. Contracted so we will see him after another pre season.

Hopefully it’s the last time we see a handful of blokes playing consistently for us. Lav, kelly ect…

A tall went out in weideman so you could have easily played hayes or saad with two weeks vfl as sub instead of guelfi off 4 weeks of no footy.

Yes only 1 game but has been only 1 game or a few weeks for almost ten weeks now. If shown enough at vfl than deserve a chance as need to get games into our list. Not like they are replacing elite individuals or a ultra cohesive team unit.

We are mediocre so let's see if we have untapped talent that is anything above average. I e roberts, caddy.

Changes are really short term again.

See out the year and see heppel off. Nothing to do with who deserves a game or let's build for the future. Just say bye heppel and pack up this shit show type approach.

Selection very much let's just get the year over. 10 goals plus.

The most Brad Scott changes ever.

One omission (a 21 year old) after a thrashing.

Bring in an underdone and out of form 27 year old who will no doubt do his hammy.

In a dead rubber.

A tall went out in weideman so you could have easily played hayes or saad with two weeks vfl as sub instead of guelfi off 4 weeks of no footy.

Yes only 1 game but has been only 1 game or a few weeks for almost ten weeks now. If shown enough at vfl than deserve a chance as need to get games into our list. Not like they are replacing elite individuals or a ultra cohesive team unit.

We are mediocre so let's see if we have untapped talent that is anything above average. I e roberts, caddy.
The farewell game is not just about the bloke who is getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back