Preview Round 24 v Gold Coast MCG Saturday August 24th 3.20pm - The Last Dance?

Should We Play Potential Departing Players This Week

• Yes

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't boo Bolton (or Baker for that matter). I really hope no one does.

Hardwick on the other hand...
gonna be louder than when brad ottens had the bell in his hands

Please don't boo Bolton (or Baker for that matter). I really hope no one does.

Hardwick on the other hand...
no need to boo Hardwick at all.
I will be booing Bolton (from the comfort of home) long before showing disrespect to Hardwick

no need to boo Hardwick at all.
I will be booing Bolton (from the comfort of home) long before showing disrespect to Hardwick
I find it interesting that it’s customary to boo an ex-player but not an ex-coach.

The way I see it, Bolton’s still contributing to our team this weekend. Hardwick is doing nothing but take from us moving forward. He gave us those wonderful Premierships, but he’s now a rival coach. I’m not too fussed if people boo Hardwick.

But not Bolton while he’s a player for us. I don’t like the look of it

boo-boo-this-man.gif

What's the deal with Dusty saying farewell? Is he gonna be doing a lap of honour waving goodbye, like Richo did? Has anything been officially confirmed yet?

What's the deal with Dusty saying farewell? Is he gonna be doing a lap of honour waving goodbye, like Richo did? Has anything been officially confirmed yet?
Uh something is happening post game as per the email sent out earlier today.
Doesn’t say anything other than a final farewell to Dusty and Dyl. Thought there was talk of a lap somewhere though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardwick got us 3 flags. Grow up
You mean taller and more muscular than I already am?? That’s a big ask because even I have my limits. I’ll try though!

But whyyyy? Why is it a custom to do boo an ex-player in their first game back (after voluntarily leaving) but controversial to do boo an ex-coach? What’s the difference?

But whyyyy? Why is it a custom to do boo an ex-player in their first game back (after voluntarily leaving) but controversial to do boo an ex-coach? What’s the difference?
Nothing.

You mean taller and more muscular than I already am?? That’s a big ask because even I have my limits. I’ll try though!

It's nothing about player or coach. If they helped us win a flag, I'm never booing that person. Dimma brought us a ****ing dynasty, I'm nothing but grateful

It's nothing about player or coach. If they helped us win a flag, I'm never booing that person. Dimma brought us a ****ing dynasty, I'm nothing but grateful
OK, I can accept that.

See, I think of booing as just a bit of banter. We boo, the ex-player flips us off when they get a goal. We boo, the ex-coach basically tells us to get ****ed when he wins. We’re still grateful, but we’re just having fun. Hardwick’s not the type to take something like this seriously either.

Only time I really don’t like it is if:

1. It’s a current player or coach of ours (e.g., Bolton this weekend).
2. It’s starting to become bullying (e.g., Adam Goodes or JHF).
3. If something serious happened to someone’s life (e.g., a close family member passes away).
4. If the player/coach or someone else at their new/old club expressly asks people not to boo them.
5. If I think the player/coach can’t handle it (e.g., someone with mental health issues).

Otherwise, I think it’s having fun at the game

Boooooo a player on the field for a dog act. ~ like Stewart.
Delideo getting booed when he played for GWS. Borderline OK.
Booing Bolton cos Xander McGuire called it 6 months ago ~ which Bolton and his management still can't comment on truthfully.

Just got to till trade week and see what eventuates.

If its for family/Noongah tribe reasons then don't want to be booing that. Getting a bit Goodes like.

but I hope like buggery Bolton and his missus get an extension on their house here and stay in Melbourne.

the sands of time..
still tugs on the heart strings
reacon, Vlas will eventually be the last man standing
Sadly all good things come to an end.Forever grateful too each and everyone on what they brought us fans.

Booing our players that might be leaving - is not a good look for the Club

Booing - Hardwick , again not great , he probably gave us the best decade of his life for passion , commitment, energy and vision

some bronx cheers yeah , some banter about the new toys ... I'd be in that

I want the friends and family of the high ranking U18's to be thinking "geez I hope he goes to Richmond , there a really solid club , a really decent club"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back