AFLW Round 3 - 2024 AFLW season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the kids being taught these days smh. Pop quiz: Your teammates--i.e. two of the league's most prolific forwards--are one-out inside 50, and you have the ball 60 metres out... do you a) KICK IT TO THEM or b) stand there slackjawed with ball in hand?

Way too much of Chyloe's dearly beloved "composure" trying to be inserted into this game by the coaches, when both teams are clearly better suited to run and gun. That quarter by Port Adelaide was more like run and Raygun, amirite. Sure the wind was blowing against them, but they did most of the blowing (of opportunities).

The only thing AA-worthy about Emma O'Driscoll is her ability to argue against being penalised for the most obvious of infringements. What a joke that selection was.

Easy Freo win if they are any good whatsoever, coming home with the wind and Port Adelaide have played crap.

Abbey Dowrick another quiet game with 8 touches--well, getting clearances and laying tackles in close again, but workrate around the ground is non-existent... alarm bells should be ringing.

I'll be shocked if Port win another game this season, they don't look like a very skilled team and they play a predictable game that is very easy to defend.

Next week they play North Melbourne at Whitton Oval (why?), I'll be very disappointed if we don't beat them by 60-70pts at least.

Port still going back over their marks and waiting to find a short hit up lead. With 2 minutes left, and 8 points down. Not to mention they surrendered the lead by going up the congested side of the ground about 5 times in a row, never making it past centre. Horrendous coaching.

Fremantle at home vs Melbourne next week, then away vs St Kilda on GF eve, away 4 days later vs Geelong, then back home 5 days later vs Hawthorn. With or without McCarthy, that's high potential for a bunch of heavy losses... unless the oppo lose 2 key players in the first half (which is, quite frankly, the most logical explanation for their R1 win, even if that's galling to hear for supporters).

Spoiler: they haven't

Saint has started the season with 1 goal from 3 games, and five touches today. Her form across her last Crows season and first Port season was practically identical, so she's another concerning drop off this year.

Houghton's numbers considerably down too, even though she's moving well. "Somehow" PA are suddenly lacking some real direction on the ground this year. Like they need a leader out there occupying the attention and getting the other talent more involved in the play.

No response? Didn't fink so. Ya'll got Teen Wolf'd HARD>>>

Free kicks 4-9, Geelong's way. I sense a complaint was lodged at Monday 9am, from out Kardinia Park way. Hasn't helped their cause enough so far.
Sorry Im not hanging on your every word, I think you overestimate your importance in my life. I also dont use sports writers to base my understanding of the English language on.

Longest, the furthest, from beginning to end. Pick a start point, in space or time, then go to the end point. If the distance between those 2 points is the largest, congratulations, you have the longest.

Most is a quantity. If I have 2 apples, and you have 3, you have the most apples, you dont have the longest apples.

Also, the captain of a club is the captain, even when they are not playing. The stand in is the stand in captain for the day, not, the captain of the club.

If the distance in time between Brennan becoming captain, and now, when she is still captain is further than for any other player, she is the longest serving captain. She has not played in the most number of games, AS captain, but she has been captain of the club for more games than any other captain.

Anyway, this ends your language lesson, and I'm done with the subject as its stupid, pedantic and irrelevant.

Surely the number of games played as captain is the relevant service, not the number of drinks served while injured??

Idk, what does everybody else think, who is the longest serving captain here:

Ellie Blackburn - 64 games
Emma Kearney - 61 games
Chelsea Randall - 60 games
Katie Brennan - 55 games
Daisy Pearce - 55 games

(Stat provided by Teen Wolf yesterday, not by the haters who have never contributed anything half as interesting as this!)

They want us to watch women's AFL and they give free kicks in the back for literally nothing. Free kick there was 100% not there.

Why are they over officiating the women's games.

It's not even over officiating, it's just bad officiating, because quite often they'll put the whistle away when players drop it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unimportant gripe, but I've heard it said about 100 times this year: "Katie Brennan - longest serving AFLW captain"...

ehhhh, sorta? Actual matches skippered is the relevant stat, I'd have thought.

Ellie Blackburn - 64
Emma Kearney - 61
Chelsea Randall - 60
Katie Brennan - 55 including today
Daisy Pearce - 55
Yeah nah.
If you have been captain every season that the AFLW has been in existence and no else has, that makes you the longest serving captain.

If you miss through injury you are still the captain.

You are usually pretty good TW but this isn’t your best work. :p

The Adelaide Hawthorn jumper clash is Terrible.

For those like me watching on Kayo on smaller screens it’s awful on any zoomed out camera angles.

Where is a white strip? WTF
Yeah, it's not ! Clash on paper, but for some reason brown reflects the light and clashes with blue. Even in the mens we seem to clash with the dogs

Commentator continually saying that MEL should slow it down but the only way they're going to get through NM is to go quickly
Agree Dees needed to play quick, but they keep playing themselves into trouble trying to do too much too quickly. Burning themselves with panicky decisions, a moment more time to think and execute would've been nice

Yeah, it's not ! Clash on paper, but for some reason brown reflects the light and clashes with blue. Even in the mens we seem to clash with the dogs

I think for me today it was the Crows blended darker colours that made it difficult.

I just don’t understand why the organisers of the kits even take the chance - just have a polar opposite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back