Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bloke a surprise selection for the Injectors this weekView attachment 1939272

Hope so, he's as big a flog as the Injectors are.......bloke signals his tech to turn his delay effects up and down by 2 or 3 milliseconds, as if he, or any human, can actually detect a difference of 2 or 3 milliseconds in a delay............

No the outcome was the same. Player concussed and subbed out.

Jimmys act was worse. Hit at speed when there was no need to bump, jumped and hit high.

Wright can atleast say he was going for the ball. But that’s about the only difference. He still smushed the player into next week.
99.9% of head trauma comes from legal acts, impossible to avoid in the only game in the world where contact can come from 360 degrees.

The AFL know that very well, but they conveniently and cleverly distract the brainwashed footy lover by convincing them the responsibility for eliminating/reducing head trauma is the responsibility of the player and his LEGAL acts.

Paddy Mc Cartin, Brayshaw and soon to-be Murphy, all were medically retired as a result of head trauma from nearly all LEGAL acts.

But shhh, it's the illegal acts that the are problem.

If you are genuinely passionate about head trauma and took a very righteous position on Jimmy's act, then please don't be a hypocrit, make your protest credible and give away AFL all together if you truly care about player welfare.

It did not look insane at the time. High posession count is not high on the mind of recruiters depnding on the type of player/position they play.

I said this at the time and had watched some of his under 18 games and importantly at each level his decision making, speed and kicking held up at each level. Even in the AFL acadamy game remeber being taken aback at how cool and calm he was under pressure.

The other thing that made his disposals count misrepresent his actual ablity was the role he was being asked to play at SANFL level.

Lastly, Toice was also around when we picked up hayes and Sharman

You would have been one of the few. He was a bit of a WTF choice. Sandy had a suite of highly prized players and we were expected to go safe.

I agree he was a gun ,but so is the guy we got from the swans . Responsible for some great gets up there . Close to the best going around some say .

His best work was at the Dogs, don't think he's been as good for the Swans. Their best were academy freebies. Still highly rated. Toce was outstanding though.

Just saw another replay of it. Hard to see how Max gets off.

Will be a massive loss.

Impact potential, as I mentioned in other threads.

You watch it frame by frame, first contact is to shoulder, not head, shoulder, in actuality King is attempting to avoid contact entirely, knowing it is then inevitable, he does what is humanly possible on his current momentum in so so far that actual connection of head to King is on the back left hand shoulder blade as he passes that contest.

There is no potential for further damage, nada, ziltch, because you can't move King further behind where is at point of that contact, as if you do, it's not a reportable offence since shoulder to shoulder. If you move King forward, since impact is to the shoulder blade behind King, and King is not in a bracing or bumping action, he has actively reduced his core to run past the contest which is why his shoulder blade was then struck and not the point of his shoulder or forearm as previously stated, the impact is glancing, a "holy shit" sort of touch where you just brush something, pat your nose and walk off sort of impact.

This is then evidence by the following 3 seconds of video, where;

King stands about 3 steps in front of Macrae who is on the ground.
Hill is just behind Macrae, also on the ground.
Macrae is on the ground, on his haunches ready to stand back up.

If he was actually struck, with a shoulder point, a forearm, or with any sort of potential for force, he does not take 3 seconds to start to stand up having taken a single breath.

Citing low impact instead of medium is the correct call to dispute, as it is either akin to a spoil where the hand brushes the face to hit the ball and "holy shit my ear" or the impact is so minor, that the victim player took one breath after having another player fall partially on top of him after getting struck by King, then proceeded to stand up and have no bruise, no bleed, no nothing but being slightly stunned originally to end up on the ground from multiple factors.

If that has potential for further damage, so does a spoil, so does a tackle, so does running near an opponent and the general argy bargy on a centre clearance. It's just not medium impact.

Toce was unlucky that we had an opportunity to upgrade. But the talk of him hitting the drafts out of the park is a myth, influenced largely I believe by 15 years of the worst recruiting in AFL history.
If you’ve got top 20 picks you should nail it, that’s the easy part. As Stavropol said Windy and Pou were ours regardless, Nas and Pou were best available and there’s still a bunch of kids with question marks on them. Credit must go to the Wilkie selection and to a lesser extent Sharman.
As a club I’m glad we’re not sitting on our hands as has been the case throughout our history, just get the best people available into the job, which is exactly what we have done in this situation.

Young and hungry versus old and experienced. It's gamble but going for the best is usually good plan....until it isn't.

Okay, so some interesting stats. The injectors game looks to be tracking well this year for the most part. However, they rank 3rd last for interceptions (only Eagles and Norf behind) and dead last for one percenters. We are roughly mid table for both.

For a team talking a lot about having a hard edge at the moment, seems like they’re struggling to compete when it’s up for grabs and wonder how they might struggle without 2M Peter?

I watched a bit of the Essendon Sydney match but not the end. Essendon were extremely accurate which they often aren't. They seemed to convert everything including Gresh. They were good out of the centre which is where we are weakest but with Windhager and Steele combining and a hard edged Jones we look a lot better.

Thats quite subjective when Dalrymple hasnt been in charge of recruiting since he left the Bulldogs and Toce`s track record since being the head man was really good. I just dont see how we considered Dalrymple an upgrade - the guy comes across as 'dull as a box of hammers'. I think it might have been more of a power struggle where SOS or Gubby couldnt work with him. Either way I guess its spilt milk and as we have done for 150 years we just suck it up!

He built the Dogs premiership list and forged a reputation.

Dalrymple is widely touted as the best or one of the top 3 best recruiters in the country.

It’s like letting Steele go but getting Bont.

The last 13 years he has spent at the Dogs and the swans.

The dogs won a flag with him there.
The swans played off in a big one whilst he was there.

He is very very good.

Probably more letting Chito go for Bont.

99.9% of head trauma comes from legal acts, impossible to avoid in the only game in the world where contact can come from 360 degrees.

The AFL know that very well, but they conveniently and cleverly distract the brainwashed footy lover by convincing them the responsibility for eliminating/reducing head trauma is the responsibility of the player and his LEGAL acts.

Paddy Mc Cartin, Brayshaw and soon to-be Murphy, all were medically retired as a result of head trauma from nearly all LEGAL acts.

But shhh, it's the illegal acts that the are problem.

If you are genuinely passionate about head trauma and took a very righteous position on Jimmy's act, then please don't be a hypocrit, make your protest credible and give away AFL all together if you truly care about player welfare.
Love to know where you got those numbers from.

I call bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to know where you got those numbers from.

I call bullshit.

Head concussion at all levels are the biggest cause of hospitalisation and is on the rise.

How many of McCartins, Brayshaws and Murphy's were from illegal acts?

Here's an interesting article on the subject.

Head concussion at all levels are the biggest cause of hospitalisation and is on the rise.

How many of McCartins, Brayshaws and Murphy's were from illegal acts?

Here's an interesting article on the subject.

One of the girls my wife studied with is working on a sports concussion project at Monash. Spoke to her about it and she reckons time off after concussions should be longer and if you have a second concussion in short succession it looks like it does more serious damage so needs much longer lay-offs. They really need something like 4 weeks for a first concussion and for a second hit in the same season maybe 8 weeks or something. Well from what I understood anyway. The codes want players playing so can't see it adopted.

I had a few blackout concussions when young so hope the long breaks between them are going to save me.

One of the girls my wife studied with is working on a sports concussion project at Monash. Spoke to her about it and she reckons time off after concussions should be longer and if you have a second concussion in short succession it looks like it does more serious damage so needs much longer lay-offs. They really need something like 4 weeks for a first concussion and for a second hit in the same season maybe 8 weeks or something. Well from what I understood anyway. The codes want players playing so can't see it adopted.

I had a few blackout concussions when young so hope the long breaks between them are going to save me.

Finally some adult interaction.

The 360 nature of the game is the elephant in the room. No one wants to acknowledge it becaue we are all raised on the game but there are so many legal footy acts that need to be modified and my guess is that the game will be unrecognisable in 30 to 50 years time.

Peter Wright caused the same if not worse head trauma than Jimmy's act and so why does it matter if it's a legal or illegal act, as that article states, concussion is on the rise significantly at ALL levels of the game so clearly focusing on illegal acts only must be deemed negligence.

I watched a bit of the Essendon Sydney match but not the end. Essendon were extremely accurate which they often aren't. They seemed to convert everything including Gresh. They were good out of the centre which is where we are weakest but with Windhager and Steele combining and a hard edged Jones we look a lot better.

I did watch the end, kind of unfolded like the Swans guys said, Essendon burst out of the blocks and essentially muscled their way out of transition instances, so the one thing they've been good at since the Matty Knights days is: "Everyone: FORWARD!" which is basically what they did. So, when Sydney finally got going in their own transition, since they've always been a general workhorse from stoppage sort of team and as Essendon found that maybe they got a little fatigued at always forward then run back to cover, they leaked and the Swans soared.

So, all we have to do is essentially spend 5 minutes, watch Stringer puff his chest out to all the 13yo in the stands and strut like a peacock, then run over the top of them and take our chances in F50 to similarly out work the front running squibs to an easy victory.

Re concussion, I don't understand why a suitable helmet can't be designed and trialled then made mandatory. I will defer to the more knowledgeable here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back